Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smartphone advice?

+9
Mr Magoo
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dont get me wrong I'm a big android fan, great system. Honestly i would be happy with either Iphone is just the best made device out there for me.

22Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't like the galaxies because they are just too big.

thats why i went back to the Iphone, not impressed with the way Androids keep getting bigger.

I don't need a fucking ipad in my pocket.
They do make galaxy mini's...

23Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If your moving from an old Nokia, get a iphone, you will not look back.

24Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 00:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'd recommend an Iphone
Snap!

I always had a shitty old mobile which could text and make a call and that was all up until a year ago when I bought an iphone 4s on pay as you go. It is facking brilliant. The only problem I have with it is that my phone often has problems connecting to wifi. It seems a very common problem but I get by as I get 1GB of data each month, 300 free texts, plus can text other iphones for free, text and call on viber for free, text on yahoo messenger for free, and have £4 left over from a tenner each month.
I love my iphone!
Mind me asking how much you paid for that on pay as you go? I've looked at iphones previously on pay as you go but they seemed pretty expensive.

25Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:14

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'd recommend an Iphone
Snap!

I always had a shitty old mobile which could text and make a call and that was all up until a year ago when I bought an iphone 4s on pay as you go. It is facking brilliant. The only problem I have with it is that my phone often has problems connecting to wifi. It seems a very common problem but I get by as I get 1GB of data each month, 300 free texts, plus can text other iphones for free, text and call on viber for free, text on yahoo messenger for free, and have £4 left over from a tenner each month.
I love my iphone!
Mind me asking how much you paid for that on pay as you go? I've looked at iphones previously on pay as you go but they seemed pretty expensive.
Of course I don't mind. I have an O2 sim card whereby if I top up £10 a month I get 300 free texts, 500MB of data and keep my £10 credit. But because my iphone is always dropping out of wifi I have purchased a Bolton (Bolt on) whereby I get 500MB of extra data and 15 picture messages for £6. So I still have £4 for calls - I don't make many calls on it, so it is great for me.
I have heard that GiffGaff do a good deal on pay as you go for iphones too. Whereby £10 a month you get data, calls and texts. Hope that helps.

26Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 11:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry that question was put wrong, I meant to ask how much did you pay for the phone.

27Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 11:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh I see, I paid £449 for the iphone in the Apple store.

28Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 11:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ouch pretty expensive then. Though i'm guessing it works out cheaper than having one on contract.

29Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 14:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's all personal preference, I have an S3, I had a nokia. Looked at the iPhone, both my daughters have them, but they are far too incestuous and iTunes can be a pain in the arse. I have two iPods so can suitably comment on the workings of iTunes.
HN says the s3 is too big, again that is personal preference. I tried one in my pocket which a mate of mine had and coupled with a skin is perfect for my use. I've tried it with a proper case on but it's too cumbersome.
Take great pix and I have loads of music on via a 32 gig sd card, so 48 gig capacity. I know one guy who got an s4 and swapped back to his s3 as yjohnny did.
Whatever you pick you'll be taking a step into the 21st century.

30Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Whatever you pick you'll be taking a step into the 21st century.
Count me out..... It takes me all my time to tie my shoelaces.....

My old Nokia 6310 is ideal for making phone calls and sending texts and that is all I need it for. If I want up to date information on what is going on in the world, I just look on Bolton Nuts.

31Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Ouch pretty expensive then. Though i'm guessing it works out cheaper than having one on contract.
It is probably not cheaper to be honest but I didn't really want a contract. Once I paid for the phone it was cheaper than my old brick phone as i have a friend in australia i text a lot and it used to cost me 10p a text, now it is free on viber.

32Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 00:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I have tried iphone and blackberry but I am happiest with my Nokia Lumia Windows phone. Can't beat it for the price.

It's £15 per month, free handset, 600 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb data. 

Frankly my lumia makes the iphone look out of date and small in my opinion.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 17:37

Mb. I have both so can form an opinion. Like you can over your nokia 6310 and your iphone. Stop being a constant dick

34Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:54

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Mb. I have both so can form an opinion. Like you can over your nokia 6310 and your iphone. Stop being a constant dick
Was that meant for me?

35Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can confirm it was Mike.

36Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:I can confirm it was Mike.
It can't be, I didn't say anything.

37Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
He might want to fight you Mike.

38Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 20:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:
He might want to fight you Mike.
Who would your money be on Scott? y2johnny or Michael 'Showtime' Bolton?

39Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 20:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it'll be close, two of the forums hard guys, Mike from the slums of the North East and Johnny from the slums of Salford.

Is it pay per view ?

40Smartphone advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smartphone advice? Wed Sep 04 2013, 21:14

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'll wait for the bootleg video.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum