Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Leeds

+22
mark leach
gloswhite
chipbutty
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
observer
Barryjw
CAMPO
wanderlust
Triumph
scottjames30
Tigermin
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The worrying thing for me is how much can he really change it against Leeds, he's pretty much used all of the players in the league and cup games last month and we still didn't win.

If we don't start well on Saturday it will be a horrible atmosphere IMO.
He could get rid of the diamond system and pick players to suit a 442 or similar

22Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 12:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could resign and do us all a favour.

23Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 12:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need someone who's "been there done that" and won things.

Jimmy Phillips, Big Sam back or Phil Brown.

24Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 13:35

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well one things for sure, regardless of Saturdays result we ain't going to fire him! If we can't afford any deadline day or loan signings we sure as hell can't afford the severance payments for Dougie and his legion of helpers! His initial appointment was intended to be long term as all previous appointments. I suspect LSL fell on his own sword.

25Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It's true they were all tight games but the fact is we weren't good enough to take control and make the necessary difference - and we didn't look like scoring when we were on top.
It's all ifs and buts however we can't expect to win if we aren't capable of taking advantage of our dominant spells, give the ball away cheaply and put our defence under unnecessary pressure as we have been doing.
Question is whether or not the changes Dougie is proposing will address these issues.
We had a few chances to take control on offense, but various people blew those opportunities.  Would that have made a difference?  With our Keystone Kop defense I don't know.  But it might have produce a win or two that would have taken us off the bottom.  If Beckford gets back the control he had at Leeds, we would surely be in the running to take three points.  I am sure DF is frustrated with that but even more frustrated watching the headless chickens run in circles on defense.  Really and truly embarrassing back there.  I thought Rhodes had tied Knight's boot laces together.  He ran circles around him.  Maybe the worst defense I have seen in years.

26Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We need someone who's "been there done that" and won things.

Jimmy Phillips, Big Sam back or Phil Brown.

Didn't Phil Brown win 4 out of 5 games while manager of BWFC?

Hard to argue with that win ratio.

27Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss.

40%

28Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No, 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss.

40%
I stand corrected. Still, I'd guess that his 40% win rate is better than Freedman, Coyle, Lee & Megson.

29Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 18:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well that's still 4 out of five unbeaten and massively better that Freedman. You may stand corrected Nat but you're still making a good point.

30Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 18:56

Whitesince63 wrote:Well that's still 4 out of five unbeaten and massively better that Freedman. You may stand corrected Nat but you're still making a good point.
How many games did we go unbeaten last season?

Ah my mistake forgot they were all down to blind luck!

You still haven't managed to come up with a replacement for Freedman though Whites? You must have some ideas!

31Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 I'd even take you in place of Freedman. The guy is the worst we've ever had and one day you will wake up and have to admit it. Still they say love is blind and if anybody needed any proof.........?? 1874

32Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:21

So you don't have an answer...

33Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched MK Dons last weekend and although they didn't win they played some great football, a joy to watch at times, on another day they'd have won by a landslide.

I'd like to see Karl Robinson come in, he's got a team of rejects and youngsters playing attractive football. Even if he couldn't improve results, I'd rather see a team of youngsters trying to play football than a bunch of ponces who couldn't pass water.

34Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's nothing wrong with Dougie, get off his back

35Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:59

Natasha Whittam wrote:I watched MK Dons last weekend and although they didn't win they played some great football, a joy to watch at times, on another day they'd have won by a landslide.

I'd like to see Karl Robinson come in, he's got a team of rejects and youngsters playing attractive football. Even if he couldn't improve results, I'd rather see a team of youngsters trying to play football than a bunch of ponces who couldn't pass water.
Karl Robinson was one of the people I'd have liked to have seen come in when we replaced Coyle. But he represents even more of a gamble than Dougie.

Your description of his team of youngsters and rejects isn't quite accurate though. MK have one of the biggest wage budgets in their division, look at Walsall's Dean Smith for a manager doing a great job on tiny resources.

36Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:74  I'd even take you in place of Freedman. The guy is the worst we've ever had and one day you will wake up and have to admit it. Still they say love is blind and if anybody needed any proof.........?? 1874
Sorry 63 but I simply can't agree. DF is not the worst manager we have ever had by a country mile. If 63 is the year of your birth or the year that you first started supporting Wanderers then you must know your comment is not factually accurate?

37Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Fri Sep 13 2013, 22:48

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Actually Reebok you're right I have seen some numpties since my first game at Burnden in 63. Some of them were terrible and maybe I am being unkind to DF but from the day he came in I've been singularly unimpressed. He's now had nearly a year with basically a better than average squad to start with than many in this division yet has managed to reduce it to a bunch of no hopers despite having two windows to recruit his own players and back room. It's just not good enough and is getting worse. Whatever and however much anyone wants to deny it the plain fact is that last year most of our results were gained by luck rather than good play or good management. This year we're getting what we deserve and to me it's Freedman's fault. Sorry but that's my view and I don't expect it to change.

38Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sat Sep 14 2013, 14:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lineups:

Bogdan
Baptiste
Knight
Mills
Tierney
Ream
Spearing
Pratley
Eagles
Ngog

Subs: Lonergan, Beckford, Hall, Wheater, Moritz, Mears, Medo

39Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sat Sep 14 2013, 14:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight starts Sad hope he ups his game.  Beckford and Medi on the bench a surprise and no Craig Davies...interesting

40Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sat Sep 14 2013, 14:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anybody else thinking the same as me, Mills starts against Leeds to show Mcdermott he needs him in the Leeds team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum