Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Leeds

+22
mark leach
gloswhite
chipbutty
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
observer
Barryjw
CAMPO
wanderlust
Triumph
scottjames30
Tigermin
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't say slag off the players, I said acknowledge the fact we have been poor in the last two games especially. There is no benefit from pretending there have been positives against Rovers & Leeds, it only frustrates fans more.

You are just guessing Dougie is at the end of his tether, we got stuffed at Blackburn but nothing changed in the following game yesterday. I think it's more likely he hasn't got a clue how to change things, unless he goes back to 4-4-2 and two wingers - but that is admitting he was wrong so he won't do it.

If we lose against Derby I think he will go, the board won't want to risk another relegation.

82Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think he may jump before he's pushed, if things get that bad. his reputation is still intact, mostly, and I'm sure he can still pick up another manager post somewhere. being sacked will seriously dent his options. Hopefully we don't get to that stage, as results change for the better..

83Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Managers don't resign anymore GW, they hang on until they are sacked so they can take the big pay-off.

They know full well some mug will take a chance on them in a matter of days.

84Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I know your right Nat, but his option of staying with a failing team, and no obvous way to improve it, including lack of cash, may seem just a bit too much for him. I know I wouldnt like being stuck in the same situation

85Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:53

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Nat's right managers don't walk. In our situation we cannot afford the millions it will cost to pay off the manager and his management team. Added to this the cost of compensation to tempt another club to release their successful manager. Which successful manager is going to come to a club that is skint.
We end up with  a shit manager who has been sacked elsewhere, so we're back to square one.
Read somewhere Pulis is available, can't say i'm impressed with the kick and rush style of his sides. Don't forget he was a Stoke 10 years. Our fickle fans don't have the patience to wait for any success simply insisting on the revolving door for management to be adopted.
I think Dougie will be persevered with probably from the embarrassment of lack of support for him from the board in the transfer windows.
What's the answer 'Sell the club',well we've been looking for investors for over a decade and theres nobody on the horizon..........Keep the faith!

86Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:12

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Barryjw wrote:Our fickle fans don't have the patience to wait for any success simply insisting on the revolving door for management to be adopted.
How many years are we supposed to wait? I reckon we have been very patient. Perhaps we should do newcastle and bring in Pullis as an advisor? Maybe then DF will realise he is getting it all wrong, the only good thing he has done is getting rid of SKD.

Last edited by Triumph on Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:15; edited 1 time in total

87Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Yeah- he did. And said the same stuff that he said in the last five that he's done. Claimed that we were good in patches(?) that we concede too early(?) and that we're not far away from turning the corner(?)
. He should have gone on to say that he's the greatest manager he's ever been and that the tooth fairy visits him in his dreams and advises him on team selection
I really don't understand why managers do this, it really does them no favours. Everyone can see we're shite, Dougie will know it as much as anyone, but by denying it in public he's just frustrating the fans even more.

If he'd come out and said the last two performances have been unacceptable and I won't stand for it again it would show he feels our pain and fans would be less critical.

Fans want to see managers bleed BWFC like we do, not bullshit positives from a pitiful performance.
As Leo Durocher once said, nice guys finish last.  We need a BSA who would stick a boot up their a***s.  We don't need a social worker to baby these prats.

88Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:19

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

"How many years are we supposed to wait" - Well I've followed the whites for over half a century and I'm still waiting!!!

89Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:27

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Barryjw wrote:"How many years are we supposed to wait" - Well I've followed the whites for over half a century and I'm still waiting!!!
And I have done 48 years, it's not the losing the best teams in the world lose sometimes, it's the way you lose,

90Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 16:27

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Come on guys the BSA years were the best years since the halcyon days of Nat and I think we'll all have a long wait before we see times like that again, probably not in our lifetime anyway. Right now I'd settle for a little entertainment instead of the boring crap we're being forced to endure with the current clown.

91Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 16:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I didn't see the game so i wont pretend i did, who would do that?!

Poor result, very poor. Was disappointed with the starting line up too. I really think It was time to see what Hall could do from the start.

After the result i just feel it's time to see some young players, I know it's not going to happen but I'd love to see Dougie finally, finally clamp down on poor performers.

I'd honestly not care if we lost 4-0 if it meant we saw the young players busting a gut for the shirt.

A few tweets yesterday calling for Tony Pulis, yes, Tony Pulis, the man who's football makes Gary Megson look like Pep Guardiola.

There was also one for Peter Reid, yes, Peter Reid, and of course a couple of obligatory tweets about getting "big sam back." Because he'd happily leave West Ham and come back to the team bottom of the championship to work with a chairman he has a frosty relationship with.

I suppose when you've not had a win people get desperate but fuck me. I'd honestly rather not have a manger than have Tony Pulis.

92Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hall got 30 minutes yesterday. Virtually as soon as he came on he had a jinking run into the box. That was his last contribution. Too lightweight and, unfortunately, another from the Stuart Storer School of Wingers who thinks it's easier to try and run through players than around them.

93Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I'm going off what I've seen and he's one of the few players in our squad who's got the ability to create.

So I would be starting him personally.

94Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hall got 30 minutes yesterday. Virtually as soon as he came on he had a jinking run into the box. That was his last contribution. Too lightweight and, unfortunately, another from the Stuart Storer School of Wingers who thinks it's easier to try and run through players than around them.
Give Hall a bit of game time and he could turn out to be a real bargain. He's not frightened to take players on and he knows which direction the opponents goal is.

95Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Slight change of subject...

Can anyone tell me how bad the booing was at full time? I couldn't make it out as I sit so close to the away fans who were obviously celebrating.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being a faint groan, 10 being Hull 2009.

96Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Their were quite a few, which were to be expected but half of the fans had fucked off around me after 85mins so it was hard to say.

More deadly silence than anything else.

97Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Slight change of subject...

Can anyone tell me how bad the booing was at full time? I couldn't make it out as I sit so close to the away fans who were obviously celebrating.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being a faint groan, 10 being Hull 2009.

98Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's not quite that bad.....yet.

To be honest it's got so bad I doubt the fans would bother reacting like that anymore.

99Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't remember it being bad - it was worse at HT

100Bolton 0-1 Leeds - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leeds Sun Sep 15 2013, 19:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there was a whole load of shocking performances yesterday but especially Ngog and Lee, both offered nothing and need to be dropped for the Derby game. Ngog makes my blood boil, he is hopeless, how we spent 4 million on him amazes me, absolutely no goal threat and constantly gives the ball away.

Mills tried hard but his distribution is appalling, all i can hope is that he will get better after a few more games. Incidently if the subbing of Knight was meant to send a message, it backfired, it made DF look silly. Why start him if he felt that strongly? Ream was playing well in midfield and shouldn't have had to drop back to centre half.

All in all a very depressing day to be a Wanderers fan, but of course i will be there on Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum