Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Positive things about BWFC.

+8
doffcocker
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about the football.

the lack of quality and creativity has been alarming.

but to say it's worse than what we saw under Coyle and Megson is complete and utter nonsense.

22 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I agree about the football.

the lack of quality and creativity has been alarming.

but to say it's worse than what we saw under Coyle and Megson is complete and utter nonsense.

I accept that some of the Megson days were dire, but at least under Coyle you always thought you'd score. Of course, you also expected to let in 5 or 6.

23 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree, some of the football under Coyle was worse than under Megson.

Much worse.

Don't forget Megson himself said he came in to just revert us to type, long ball, hard to beat and play for clean sheets first.

Coyle came in claiming he'd "entertain" and actually made us less entertaining.

24 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I disagree, some of the football under Coyle was worse than under Megson.

Much worse.

Don't forget Megson himself said he came in to just revert us to type, long ball, hard to beat and play for clean sheets first.

Coyle came in claiming he'd "entertain" and actually made us less entertaining.

We were shit under Coyle, but we were entertaining at times - even if it was only for a 6 week period when Holden & Elmander actually looked decent.

But at the end of the day Freedman has done nothing so far to suggest his end product is going to be any different than Coyle's or Megson's.

25 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well he's been dealt a certain hand and some have to accept that I'm afraid.

we're no longer in the premier league and facing a seriously tight set of financial constraints.

Megson was able to spend big and Coyle had his choice of high quality loans, most of which he wasted.

Freedmans job is much harder, and with expectation even higher.

26 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 20:10

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Freedmans job is much harder, and with expectation even higher.
Exactly.

Nobody can argue that he's trying to get the club moving in the right direction, putting more focus on the academy/development squads so we can build sustainably for the future. I can't remember the last time we had a manager who poached other clubs best youth.

27 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Thu Sep 12 2013, 20:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some fans are very fickle. For every successful manager there are half a dozen failures. I'll reserve my opinion of Dougie until the end of the season, the real business end of the league.

28 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Fri Sep 13 2013, 11:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Some fans are very fickle. For every successful manager there are half a dozen failures. I'll reserve my opinion of Dougie until the end of the season, the real business end of the league.
Me too. It's no easy task to produce entertaining winning footie when your creative players are unavailable, the fans are baying for immediate success, the senior squad has a confidence crisis, and the club has a track record of changing the manager as often as they change their underpants.
It's about time we had a prolonged period of stability despite my reservations about the manager's choice of system and apparent lack of willingness to blood younger players in our time of need.

29 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Fri Sep 13 2013, 23:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The period of stability would have been preserved with JP and LSL it was Gartside who changed it bringing in Freedman and his merry band. At worst DF should have been told to work with the back room we had but Garty couldn't even pull that one off.

30 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Sat Sep 14 2013, 06:27

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Because it's BWFC, my BWFC, ok we all can moan but we still love our Club at the end of the day, Laughing 

31 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Sat Sep 14 2013, 06:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The one thing at least we can all agree on TT and whatever our views we shouldn't ever forget that.

32 Positive things about BWFC. - Page 2 Empty Re: Positive things about BWFC. Sat Sep 14 2013, 10:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:The period of stability would have been preserved with JP and LSL it was Gartside who changed it bringing in Freedman and his merry band. At worst DF should have been told to work with the back room we had but Garty couldn't even pull that one off.
:facepalm: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum