Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A problem with Alchohol.

+3
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A problem with Alchohol. Empty A problem with Alchohol. Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

When is a person an alcoholic? what would you do if you suspected your wife of being one, how would you deal with it? do you look to yourself to blame or do you look for something else? Do you stop buying the wine with the weekly shopping ? is finding wine bottles behind the fridge serious?is your whisky level going down seriously bad? How do you stop them buying it?whats wrong when they dont want for anything but drink to excess?

2A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sat Oct 12 2013, 23:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely.

3A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 12:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

AD, are you sure its your wife, and not the kids, or even yourself, when you are sleepwalking? Smile

4A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 18:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

AD.
The problem is that the person who has the condition will deny and deceive to maintain the habit. You haven't been very clear with you "evidence". I feel quite sorry for anybody who has a close relative or friend with this predicament. Fortunately I have never been in this situation but have a close friend who's brother in law supped himself to death and by all accounts was a very distressing situation.
If it is somebody close to you good luck, I would suggest you seek "professional" help in this matter rather than go it alone. No doubt to confirm your suspicions you will need to apply some deception yourself, good luck with that also.
Hope this is a storm in a teacup so to speak and you are reading and suspecting more than is actually there. I certainly wouldn't beat yourself up over it, rather channel your energy to sort it.

5A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 20:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bottle of wine and half a large bottle of whisky most days Sk no mistake no apparent reason other than stress, going to physically stop it.

6A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 20:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

AD, this is your wife chugging all that down?

7A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 21:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

All 5'2

8A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 21:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:All 5'2
I know it's hard to say from the outside looking in (if you get me), but you need to find out the cause because maybe she is holing something back that you don't know about when she just says stress.

It's alright saying you are physically going to stop her but you can't be around her 24/7.

9A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Sun Oct 13 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alcoholism is an illness. You seriously need to monitor how much she is drinking. Half a bottle of whisky and a bottle of wine a day is way too much for the liver to absorb.

I'd suggest buying wine with a much lower proof but rather than broach the subject as a drink problem suggest that you will be financially better off by cutting down on the booze. You can throw in the health benefits as an aside. Alcoholics don't like to admit they have a problem even when it's obvious to their nearest and dearest.

10A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 09:24

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

AD
I concur with RT comments. I seriously think you need to consult people better qualified than posters on here, as sincere in some cases those posts may be. Physical restraint will cause nothing but stress to all concerned. As a starter I personally would contact Alcoholics Anonymous giving the full facts and take it from there. Your wife, if it is, will require ur full support, so any info u can glean will help you. Good luck.

11A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mate, if this seriously isn't a wind up you need to seek professional help and and quick.

A family member of mine died of alcoholism, not pretty at all.

12A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No its not a wind up and its only been bad for a few weeks now so i have time to do something, at least i think its a few weeks. Her best friend from years ago died of it so she knows what its like.

13A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

She's not going to get outside help so i'll have to manage on my own, she's not an alchoholic yet as she can go without but if she gets stressed whammo down goes a bottle and a few whisky's thing is she hates whisky most women do,i'm just going to give up drink myself and not buy any at all. 
This only really came to my attention the other day when i came home and found half a full bottle of whisky gone it was unopened when i left, yes she drinks wine for stress most women do i think, but i am worried a bit now.Thing is apart from the kids she has no money worries far from it, i'm not having an affair or anything like that and she has her own money from her family so there's nothing i can see wrong. I did find a small bottle of whisky in her car which is not good.

14A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 15:23

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

AD
Wise yourself up and put yourself in control of the situatio. It's obviously bothering you or you wouldn't mention it. Forewarned is forearmed, not tryin to insult your intelligence but you could be too close to be rational. Pm me if you feel you need to discuss it further. I'm no agony aunt but it's much easier for other folk to find a solution to your problems at arms length than it will be for the person suffering. As an example when are you going to draw a line and say it's gone too far? Get my drift. I'd give it a month max and if you're not comfortable it's time to act.

15A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 18:40

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Am not drink alcohol so. Am not having any problem.

16A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 20:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mo wrote:Am not drink alcohol so. Am not having any problem.
Angry Dad is talking about his wife Mo.

17A problem with Alchohol. Empty Re: A problem with Alchohol. Mon Oct 14 2013, 20:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

gloswhite wrote:AD, are you sure its your wife, and not the kids, or even yourself, when you are sleepwalking? Smile
AD, I thought it was a wind up at first, so my apologies for the error. I agree with the others in that you have to seek the correct help, as its not something you can tackle on your own, no matter how well intentioned. Also, perhaps you both need to find more, or new, interests so that you can do things together, where you can provide the most beneficial support. Good luck mate, because if your fears are found, then you're in for a rough ride, but keep at it, and you can have a positive outcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum