Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marcos Alonso

+7
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marcos Alonso Empty Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 15:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After refusing a new contract at Bolton last season and moving to Fiorentina on a free transfer, he is in their current squad (not loaned out) and has played just 2 games to date.

Marcos Alonso was becoming a regular player last season and scored some important goals for us.

Does anyone feel that he has taken a backwards step due to him probably being sat on the bench week in week out at Fiorentina and should Bolton have done more to try and keep him?

Does anyone feel he might have helped turn things around with our recent mediocre results this season?

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:44; edited 1 time in total

2Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His surging runs last season were instrumental in us rising up the table and having waited two years for him to finally come good I was gutted that we lost him.
For him it's a good move financially, for us it's a disaster.

3Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope his career nosedives the greedy shit

4Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking shite he was, good riddance.

5Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 16:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't blame him for one minute for going there, a top italian side or a middle of the road english side that failed to make the play offs....hmmm.

I'd take him back in a shot.

6Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 18:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:I hope his career nosedives the greedy shit
What a nasty thing to say. The boy was class only Freedman didn't see it until it was too late. I'm not for a minute saying he would have stayed, but Dougie's attitude to him when he first came in was abysmal and it wasn't a surprise he wanted to go. He also probably realised what a dipstick Freedman was and what was likely to happen if he did stay. Well he was right and good luck to the kid I hope he does well there.

7Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:02

Whitesince63 wrote:What a nasty thing to say. The boy was class only Freedman didn't see it until it was too late. I'm not for a minute saying he would have stayed, but Dougie's attitude to him when he first came in was abysmal and it wasn't a surprise he wanted to go. He also probably realised what a dipstick Freedman was and what was likely to happen if he did stay. Well he was right and good luck to the kid I hope he does well there.
Very Happy 

Only you could make the fact he played the best football of his career under Freedman a criticism of him.

He wasn't mistreated in any way unless you know something the rest of us don't please go ahead and justify such a claim though.

He got interest in January with a pay rise and a move to Serie A, he can't be blamed for taking it. There was no bad blood between him and Freedman at all.

8Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
What a nasty thing to say. The boy was class only Freedman didn't see it until it was too late. I'm not for a minute saying he would have stayed, but Dougie's attitude to him when he first came in was abysmal and it wasn't a surprise he wanted to go. He also probably realised what a dipstick Freedman was and what was likely to happen if he did stay. Well he was right and good luck to the kid I hope he does well there.
Ha ha, class is a strong word for a player that was pretty shit for the majority of his BWFC career. He seemed to get better once he'd had his run in with the law.

But at the end of the day he was too slow to ever make it big, hence why he's bench-warming in Italy.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Thu Sep 23 2021, 16:17; edited 1 time in total

9Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Given the interest shown in him by a number of clubs, he'll have tried taking the piss, and we're not in a position to have that done to us anymore.

He was brilliant going forward in the end, but still very suspect defensively.

10Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Alonso in .... Doogie out.

11Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alonso is a Spanish Nicky Hunt.

12Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 20:24

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Florence or Bolton, which city would you rather live in?

Yep, that's what I thought.

13Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 21:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

True but Boltons not a city......:biggrin: 

14Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 21:16

Whitesince63 wrote:The boy was class only Freedman didn't see it until it was too late. I'm not for a minute saying he would have stayed, but Dougie's attitude to him when he first came in was abysmal and it wasn't a surprise he wanted to go. He also probably realised what a dipstick Freedman was and what was likely to happen if he did stay. Well he was right and good luck to the kid I hope he does well there.
Chance we can get this part explained then Whites? 

Im really keen to hear this as I don't remember anything of the sort.

15Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 21:25

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron_bwfc wrote:True but Boltons not a city......:biggrin: 
If Chelmsford is a city then I really can't see why Bolton can't be classed as a city?

16Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 22:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:The boy was class only Freedman didn't see it until it was too late. I'm not for a minute saying he would have stayed, but Dougie's attitude to him when he first came in was abysmal and it wasn't a surprise he wanted to go. He also probably realised what a dipstick Freedman was and what was likely to happen if he did stay. Well he was right and good luck to the kid I hope he does well there.

74 stop trying so hard to prove what an arsehole you are you're there already. If you don't know the answer to your own question then I won't update you. You really are a star.

17Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 22:11

Whitesince63 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

74 stop trying so hard to prove what an arsehole you are you're there already. If you don't know the answer to your own question then I won't update you. You really are a star.
An arsehole for asking you to back up a spurious claim?

Very Happy 

I'll take that pissy response to mean you can't back it up because you invented it. With so much to complain about at the moment Im amazed you feel the need to create issues to moan about, rather pitiful.

18Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Sun Oct 20 2013, 23:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm getting a bit fecked off with you both arguing, can you both try and pack it in please Laughing

19Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Mon Oct 21 2013, 09:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This whole topic is irrelevant. Personally I rated Alonso as a very promising player but he didn't want to stay and that's that. In this day and age clubs and managers are pretty powerless in these scenarios and it's much like the Eagles debate we had last week. I'd have kept Alonso in a heartbeat if the lad had wanted to stay but since he and his agent felt Italy was better for him there is nothing Dougie or the board could really do. If Eagles chooses to go then we won't be able to do anything about that either. Players hold all the cards now especially if they're any good. Alonso was and still is a good player but he didn't want to play for us and that was all she wrote.

20Marcos Alonso Empty Re: Marcos Alonso Mon Oct 21 2013, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:This whole topic is irrelevant. Personally I rated Alonso as a very promising player but he didn't want to stay and that's that. In this day and age clubs and managers are pretty powerless in these scenarios and it's much like the Eagles debate we had last week. I'd have kept Alonso in a heartbeat if the lad had wanted to stay but since he and his agent felt Italy was better for him there is nothing Dougie or the board could really do. If Eagles chooses to go then we won't be able to do anything about that either. Players hold all the cards now especially if they're any good. Alonso was and still is a good player but he didn't want to play for us and that was all she wrote.
Quite right. Alonso was another "one for the future" when he arrived but he did get progressively better, won a starting spot and did everything any club would want a prospect to do - apart from accept a better offer before we go full value from him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum