Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marc Tierney replacement is top of Dougie Freedman's wish list

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whites boss Dougie Freedman has his eye on a top flight full-back to replace the injured Marc Tierney.

Alex Baptiste has been used as an emergency stop-gap since Tierney broke a bone in his ankle during the 1-1 draw against Yeovil.

But Freedman revealed he is hot on the heels of a loan signing he hopes to complete this month.

“Because of the Marc Tierney situation we’re really short defensively if something happens so I’m always having a look for a full-back,” he said.

“We can’t go without a left-back for much longer even though Alex has done a great job.

“The loan market finishes at the end of the month so we have to make sure we’re right on top of it.

“Nothing will be done before this weekend and I don’t think Premier League managers will let anyone go before the very end (of the window).

“Is there anything close? I’d like to say yes but I don’t think they would at the other end.”

Freedman also wants to sign a right-sided winger but does not anticipate loaning any of his players out before Christmas.

“There has been no interest and, to be honest, when you have got a couple of injuries it’s difficult to consider it,” said Freedman.

“People seem to think I have a massive squad but nothing could be further from the truth.

“I’d be very reluctant to let anyone go with the games we have got over the next couple of months.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baptiste is awful, they'd be better bringing Ricardo out of retirement.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shouldn't have let Alonso go

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Shouldn't have let Alonso go
They didn't.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Shouldn't have let Alonso go
They didn't.
Didn't Dougie recently fess up to not having put enough effort into convincing Alonso to stay? (Not that the club could have afforded to throw cash at the problem)

I dont recall that article lust. As I took it Fiorentina gave him a better offer.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Baptiste is awful, they'd be better bringing Ricardo out of retirement.
Don't think you've got much of a clue if you think Baptiste and Hall are awful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum