Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie: We deserved the win

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 18:56

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“We showed good character and even in the last 20 minutes the mentality was good,” said the boss. “The team started the game well and our passing was fantastic.

“We took the lead and we showed good movement. We were unfortunate to concede and from that we were put on the back foot.

“In the second half we dug in and we did what all good teams do and we defended well. We knew exactly what we were doing tactically and in the end I felt we were deserved and comfortable winners.

“The timing of our goals were another positive. We scored our second goal just before half time and we went into the interval a bit more settled. At the end of the game we got our third to kill the game off.

“I felt throughout the match we looked a goal threat and Jermaine Beckford was excellent today and when Andre Moritz came on he showed clever movement.

“The goal threat was always there and the timing of the goals certainly didn’t do us any harm. Even when Millwall was throwing a lot at us in the last 20 minutes I still felt we looked comfortable.

“For all of Millwall’s possession in the second half we looked comfortable and when we had the ball we looked dangerous, especially on the break.

“Jermaine Beckford was outstanding with his movement and when Andre Moritz came on he added flair to our game.

“We have a bit of steel behind us now, we have the determination to defend and quality going forward.

“We deserved to win today, we now have a two week period without a game due to the international break. We can now look back at the last six weeks which has been good.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 18:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find myself in complete agreement with Dougie for the first time this season.

3Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 18:59

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

“The team started the game well and our passing was fantastic".
 Does this nob know that we are the ones in white shirts????

4Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

What part of that do you not agree with? Up until we scored the first goal we were ripping them to bits with our passing.

5Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:09

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:What part of that do you not agree with? Up until we scored the first goal we were ripping them to bits with our passing.
You mean for 4 mins????

6Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:16

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bryan do you stammer??

7Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:20

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wessy wrote:Bryan do you stammer??
WTF, just thought I'd had a pint too many, how the feck have I managed that, haha!!!!!!!!!!

8Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:24

Sorry, Bryan, didn't quite catch that.

Any chance of typing it again?

9Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bryan458 wrote:
WTF, just thought I'd had a pint too many, how the feck have I managed that, haha!!!!!!!!!!
You did the same on my thread mate. Has your mouse got a problem or are you using one of those touch screen pads? I ask in all seriousness only because my eldest lad has a new i-pad and he's had similar problems with double posting stuff on a music fan site he uses. 

As to your comment about us being worse than at any time in the last forty years I completely disagree. I like you was there in the old seventies and eighties days when we got to Div 1 (the premiership for the kids among us) and then sank all the way to Div 4 (League Two) and almost into oblivion. Personally I don't know if Dougie's the right man for us long term but I thought there was a lot to cheer about today and it really was the best I've seen us play this season. I don't claim we're world beating Gods of the game by any means but we played very well for large portions of the match and all the goals were good. I even agree with DF that we were unfortunate to concede at all.

10Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:19

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bryan458 wrote:
You did the same on my thread mate. Has your mouse got a problem or are you using one of those touch screen pads? I ask in all seriousness only because my eldest lad has a new i-pad and he's had similar problems with double posting stuff on a music fan site he uses. 

As to your comment about us being worse than at any time in the last forty years I completely disagree. I like you was there in the old seventies and eighties days when we got to Div 1 (the premiership for the kids among us) and then sank all the way to Div 4 (League Two) and almost into oblivion. Personally I don't know if Dougie's the right man for us long term but I thought there was a lot to cheer about today and it really was the best I've seen us play this season. I don't claim we're world beating Gods of the game by any means but we played very well for large portions of the match and all the goals were good. I even agree with DF that we were unfortunate to concede at all.
I know what your sayin about the dark days, but even those players could pass in a straight line over 10 feet, and didn't surrender possession so cheaply, im more inclined now to think that the coaching is the bigger problem not as much the players, a lot of these players have prem experience or are internationals???

11Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think a lot of them do really - not much to speak of anyway.

Beckford wasn't used that much at Everton, Knight only came on late as sub, Ream played a few games, Spearing was not a regular with Liverpool. MacNaughton played very few games if any in the Prem with Cardiff. Probably Baptiste with Blackpool was the only player to play regularly in the Premier and that was only for one season with Blackpool.

Medo and Lee are current internationals and even Lee was always being 'rested' in our Premier days.

I don't think Lonergan, Danns, Mills and Hall have played in the Premier League.

12Dougie: We deserved the win Empty Re: Dougie: We deserved the win Sat Nov 09 2013, 22:08

bryan458 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bryan458 wrote:

I know what your sayin about the dark days, but even those players could pass in a straight line over 10 feet, and didn't surrender possession so cheaply, im more inclined now to think that the coaching is the bigger problem not as much the players, a lot of these players have prem experience or are internationals???
So you think they are coaching them out of being able to pass 10 feet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum