Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joy for Robert Hall as he wins West Ham Millwall bragging rights

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was no holding back the happy ex-Hammer after his first league goal put Wanderers on their way to a memorable win against Millwall.

Rob Hall may have swapped West Ham for the Reebok in the summer but he couldn’t hide his delight at putting one over on an old East End rival with a first goal in Championship football.

“I can’t stop smiling,” he confessed after the game – batting off an incoming call from his father in the process. “To do it against Millwall, being a West Ham boy growing up, it means a lot.

“Obviously three points for the lads is the main thing. But maybe I went a bit over the top with the celebrations. It was definitely a good day for me and my family.”

Wanderers had gone eight games without a home win and were inching towards the all-time club record of 11 games set in 1902.

Perversely, so many of those games had ended up as draws that they currently possess a much more appetising record of just two defeats in 19 outings at the Reebok.

Regardless of how you crunch the numbers, Hall admits it was high time that the Whites came away from a home game feeling completely satisfied with the outcome.

“It’s been a long time coming,” he said. “We’ve been ahead in so many games at home and we just kept on getting kicks in the teeth because we couldn’t find the winner.

“Now we’ve not only found the winner but two more goals and it’s great for the lads. They are all buzzing at the moment but I’m sure by Monday morning it’ll all be packed away in the history books and we’ll go again.”

While Hall was beaming after the final whistle, he accepts that smiles have been in short supply on the terraces since the start of the season.

He hopes, however, that the next two thirds of the campaign will see Wanderers improve further.

“We had a tough start and obviously we’re disappointed with ourselves but we are starting to pick up points now and starting to climb up the table,” he said.

“The lads have stayed confident through the little ups and downs and the draws we’ve had, we showed character, but we feel we’ve got more to show.

“I don’t want to tempt fate and start talking about promotion. We’ve got three points and that’s important, we can only concentrate on what we are doing and how we conduct ourselves. Trying to keep this run going is the main thing.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum