Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name?

+20
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
Alf Hooker
wessy
bwfc71
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
eppyfizz606
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Angry Dad
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's face it, Bolton Wanderers is a bit of a shit name. We don't play in Bolton and we don't really wander anywhere (except down the table under Dougie).

Hull City are planning to change their name to Hull Tigers - what a massive improvement, it almost makes me want to support them. "Hull City" is so boring, but "Hull Tigers" is exciting and will undoubtedly bring them hundreds of new supporters.

I'm going to write to Fat Phil and insist that if he wants to increase the world wide reputation of the club he must change the name.

It's early days, and I'm yet to have my Eureka moment, but thoughts so far are:

Horwich Hippos
Horwich Housewives
Horwich Hogs
Horwich Walkers
Horwich Houseplants
Horwich Boltonians
Horwich Town Tigers
Horwich Town Tadpoles
Horwich Town Hyenas

I think the last one is my favourite so far.

Do you agree "Bolton Wanderers" is old hat and can you improve upon it?

2Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are the one and only Wanderers!

3Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We are the one and only Wanderers!
I knew you'd say something like that. Do you fear change RT?

We're not even the only Wanderers, there are two others. There are no other Hyenas.

4Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Top idea. I like it.

How about:

Red Moss Raiders
Middlebrook Marauders

or my personal favourite.....

South Horwich Indestructable Tomahawks

(Although that last one wouldn't look too hot when used on England flags in a B.W.F.C. stylee....)

5Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

We're not even the only Wanderers, there are two others. There are no other Hyenas.
We were the first Wanderers. Wolves and Wycombe came later. I don't fear change but I am a staunch traditionalist.

6Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:51 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horwich Psycho Homosexuals.

7Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Queen of Bullshit strikes again!!

8Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Horwich Psycho Homosexuals.
You misunderstand. I said rename BWFC, not the team you play for.

9Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

There,s you!!

10Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:There's you!!
Shut it or I'll rearrange your face.

11Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:20 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:There's you!!
Shut it or I'll rearrange your face.
Like you did to your avi, is that your dad?

12Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:The Queen of Bullshit strikes again!!
Yup same old crap, nat needs a good seeing to on a daily basis a decent 8 incher through her back door, she might see things in a new light.

13Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:38 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:The Queen of Bullshit strikes again!!
Yup same old crap, nat needs a good seeing to on a daily basis a decent 8 incher through her back door, she might see things in a new light.
I think you'll find that most penthouse suite's don't have a tradesman's entrance.
Nor could I envisage the Preston spinster ever ordering a sandwich delivery from Subway.

That said, she did once mention that she doesn't like leaving the house in the morning without something hot and filling inside her, although I'd always assumed she was referring to bacon and eggs.

14Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Gartside doesn't want to hear your perverted fantasies.

This is a serious issue.

15Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm

On a serious note, Hull Tigers is a crap name, gimmicky and American.

16Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:On a serious note, Hull Tigers is a crap name, gimmicky and American.
What's American about Tigers? More African or Indian I'd say.

17Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is right though, because it is just a gimmick.

18Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:On a serious note, Hull Tigers is a crap name, gimmicky and American.
What's American about Tigers? More African or Indian I'd say.
All of their sports teams have names like that, tacky and gimmicky IMO. We should be trying to maintain all aspects of our clubs histories.

19Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not a gimmick, it's about freshening up the club. Hull City is such an old fashioned name and means nothing to the next generation of supporters. Ditto Bolton Wanderers.

We can't keep the old name just to suit the older folk, we need to entice the kids into the ground and Horwich Town Hyenas is the only way.

20Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New Orleans just changed their name. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lovely name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: