Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name?

+13
gloswhite
Barryjw
Angry Dad
bwfc71
jayjay23
BoltonTillIDie
inf
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been announced today that Leyton Orient are to change their name to 'London Orient' if its bid to ground-share the Olympic Stadium with West Ham succeeds.

What a great idea, and one we should adopt.

Let's face it, we've been 'Bolton Wanderers' for over 100+ years now, it's getting a bit boring. Plus the term 'Wanderers' is hardly unique because it's shared by several other clubs.

And perhaps a new name would spark a change in fortunes for the club?

So, do you like the name or would you be up for a change? And have you got any decent names?

I like the 'Horwich Hooriders' but maybe it's a bit too sexy. So what about simply 'Bolton Town FC'.

2Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:40

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Metro's.

3Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are, and always will be the original Wanderers. We started as Christ Church in 1874 and became Bolton Wanderers in 1877.

Wolverhampton Wanderers claim that they started in 1877 as well but they were originally known as St Lukes ( Clap Clinic )and didn't change their name to Wolverhampton Wanderers until 1879.

WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY WANDERERS!!!!

4Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I actually like the name Bolton Town FC.

5Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton "sparks"

and the badge would be one of them grinder girls giving it some.

It would take all credibility out of the club and make them a laughing stock.

so nothing would change ba dum tshhh.

6Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:46

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bolton bottom boys

7Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:49

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Bolton Knights.

No?

8Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Knights FC is a good one.

9Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 20:51

horwich harriers

10Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 21:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the current name!!

11Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 21:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too. Once a Wanderer always a Wanderer.

12Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 21:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You boring buggers.

13Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 21:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wankey Wanderers FC

14Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 21:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Wankey Wanderers FC

Shut it Bolton Hater.

15Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Fri Oct 05 2012, 22:54

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't want my tattoo to go out of date just yet thanks.

16Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 02:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Wanderers - The Pride of Lancashire!

Funny how the last bit disappeared when Gartside came to to the helm and changed the badge.

For me we will always be the One And Only Wanderers - The PRIDE of Lancashire!

17Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 08:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:I don't want my tattoo to go out of date just yet thanks.

Is it on your forehead?

18Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Change the name and I will be at east lands or whatever it's called now. It's a lifetime of BOLTON WANDERERS for me you wum.

19Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 10:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Change the name and I will be at east lands or whatever it's called now. It's a lifetime of BOLTON WANDERERS for me you wum.

Shut up you bellend. Changing the name doesn't change much about the actual club, but it might encourage a new breed of supporter.

And what exactly is a "wanderer"? It doesn't even make sense. We might as well be called Bolton Horseshaggers.

20Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 11:35

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bolton Horseshaggers - I like that although surprised the suggestion comes from a virgin for 10 years? Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum