Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name?

+13
gloswhite
Barryjw
Angry Dad
bwfc71
jayjay23
BoltonTillIDie
inf
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 11:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Change the name and I will be at east lands or whatever it's called now. It's a lifetime of BOLTON WANDERERS for me you wum.

Shut up you bellend. Changing the name doesn't change much about the actual club, but it might encourage a new breed of supporter.

And what exactly is a "wanderer"? It doesn't even make sense. We might as well be called Bolton Horseshaggers.
A new breed of supporter??? Suspect

22Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 13:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We were named Wanderers for a reason, not just because it sounded good. Besides, I'd miss the fans, (ours and theirs) not singing wanky wanderers. Otherwise, the way we are playing, I would suggest the 'Middlebrook mummy's boys'

23Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're called the Wanderers because we started off in the 1830's palying an early form of football of up to 20 a side in Turton which was then part of Bolton (players were bussed out from Bolton centre by horse and cart), then moved to Pikes Lane, then moved again.

Biggie and Sluffy have the articles I sent in about the history of the club.

24Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 14:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:We're called the Wanderers because we started off in the 1830's palying an early form of football of up to 20 a side in Turton which was then part of Bolton (players were bussed out from Bolton centre by horse and cart), then moved to Pikes Lane, then moved again.

I knew that Wanderlust and was looking forward to being the one to tell everyone else.

25Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 14:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also knew that, but didn't mention it, coz I thought we all knew it. Very Happy

26Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sat Oct 06 2012, 14:43

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Blackrod Bootboys.

The advantage in changing the name to this being that a chant already exists which went along the lines of:

And it's Hi Ho the Blackrod Bootboys,
Everywhere we go there's aggro.

27Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers: Shit Name? Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NW
Wanderers mean getting out and about, something that has obviously bypassed you through life! Wink Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum