Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Megson to Wolves - The Story!

+6
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 10:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

...or should that be NON story!

Yes -

Gary Megson is a shock new contender for the Wolves manager's job.

The relegation-threatened club are considering Megson as third third gaffer of the season following defeats to Fulham and Blackburn under caretaker boss Terry Connor.

And the 52-year-old former boss of Wolves' bitter rivals West Bromwich Albion - sacked by Sheffield Wednesday only a fortnight ago when they were third in League One - would be ready to act as a firefighter until the end of the season.

Such temporary terms have put some candidates, including Walter Smith, off joining Wolves' fight to stay in the Premier League.

But they would not deter Megson if owner Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey follow up their interest in a man who is a proven trouble-shooter.

Megson, who kept Bolton in the top flight four years ago, is seen as the kind of experienced operator Wolves need following their controversial axing of Mick McCarthy.

And the club have not been deterred by his links with West Brom, who were twice promoted to the Premier League under Megson in 2002 and 2004.

Megson, who has also managed Norwich, Stoke, Nottingham Forest and Leicester, is also ready to run a potential gauntlet of fan abuse to resume a largely successful career.

While he still has contractual issues to resolve at Wednesday, Megson will not let that act as a barrier to a swift return to the touchline.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NO -

Wolves have dismissed reports that Gary Megson is being lined up to replace Terry Connor as manager in the club's battle to avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Connor was recently promoted to the role of Wolves boss for the rest of the season following last month's sacking of Mick McCarthy on the back of the 5-1 defeat by West Bromwich Albion.

However, Connor has collected just one point from his three games in charge and presided over a 2-0 home loss to relegation rivals Blackburn Rovers last weekend.

The team have also shipped nine goals in those three matches and there have been question marks regarding Connor's suitability for the role.

Steve Bruce, who was interviewed for the post after McCarthy's dismissal, has suggested the task of trying to keep Wolves in the top flight is not a job for a rookie.

Connor, who was McCarthy's assistant, has vowed not to quit and retains optimism that he can preserve Wolves' Premier League status, with the club just a point from safety with 10 games to go.

Reports on Thursday morning, though, claimed that Wolves owner Steve Morgan was considering another change, with Megson put forward as the man to be parachuted in to save the Black County side.

Megson was recently sacked by League One promotion hopefuls Sheffield Wednesday and has experience of a Premier League relegation battle from his time at Bolton Wanderers.

Wolves have moved swiftly to deny the speculation, though, stating on their official Twitter feed: "No truth in today's Gary Megson story at all."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wolves may have dismissed the story but I was listening to Alan Brazil on TalkSport this morning and the panel seemed to think Meggo would be an ideal candidate for the next ten games to keep Wolves up!

3Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 10:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry but,

We need to move on.

4Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 12:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The Wolves fans must be seriously pissed off at the moment with this farce after McCarthey got sacked.

I know they got thumped 5-1 in his last game but I bet a lot of their fans would take him back now until the end of the season.

As for Megson, it would be typical of them to appoint him before we play them in a few weeks.

5Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 13:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sorry but,

We need to move on.

+1

6Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
+1

Stop doing that you dickhead.

7Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 14:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The temptation to +1 that is huge, but I'll exercise some self-restraint in this instance.

8Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 15:15

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Need to ask this, but for how long was Meggo with us? In what Sluffy posted it says Megson kept Bolton up in the Prem for 4 seasons - I thought he was with us much less than that!

9Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 15:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

1) We need to move on.
2) "+1" annoys me. If you agree with something that was said, say so.
3) I would not be surprised if he was appointed. I wouldn't care either.
4) Abuse is nothing new to the ginger twat.

Cheers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 16:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It would be viewed as a shrewd appointment given what an ostensibly good job he did keeping us up.
The difference is, he won't have a transfer window and £15m to help him out this time, and in spite of how the table looked, he inherited a good squad that just hadn't clicked over 10 games under an out-of-his-depth new manager.
I don't think he's incapable of keeping Wolves up. Whichever two of the five teams down there that stay up will do so because there are three teams that are even worse than them - not actually because they are Premiership quality, meaning two teams could stay up despite having managers not up to the job.
It would be the marriage made in hell that it was here - he's Gary Megson AND he managed their biggest rivals, so it would be entertaining from an outsiders point of view. What wouldn't be entertaining from a Bolton point of view is if he kept them up!

11Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:

Amos or Megson?

12Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 18:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:

Amos or Megson?

Pick one! Very Happy

13Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 21:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:

Amos or Megson?

Oi! Essex girl, I aint ginger - I am just plain mousy brown, unfortunately, but going grey around the edges.......

14Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can recommend Grecian 2000. Just look at my Avatar. Women tell me that they love the distinguished, debonair look.

15Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:I can recommend Grecian 2000. Just look at my Avatar. Women tell me that they love the distinguished, debonair look.

I don't think it is meant to be drunk though RT!

16Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tried dying my hair a couple of times, once was bright blonde (no way!!!!!) and another time it ended with a reddish hint!! Never again - keep it as it is and I honestly don't mind being grey around the edges, to be fair.

17Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually think that if Megson were to dye his hair a steely grey shade then fans would take him far more seriously. Something like the ' Badger Bouffant ' look adopted by Mick McCarthy would be ideal.

18Megson to Wolves - The Story! Empty Re: Megson to Wolves - The Story! Fri Mar 16 2012, 15:36

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum