Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton

+23
kennster
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
Tigermin
wanderlust
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
White84
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 18:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the last game in a Wanderers shirt for Danns and McNaughton. Let's hope they can go out on a high.

22Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 18:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's the last game in a Wanderers shirt for Danns and McNaughton. Let's hope they can go out on a high.
A bit of gossip on them two. McNaughton is a priority to sign, not sure if that is another loan or permanent deal and Danns is a maybe.

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Mon Dec 23 2013, 18:57; edited 1 time in total

23Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 18:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think Danns will return, there's no room for him with mark davies back

24Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 19:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Don't think Danns will return, there's no room for him with mark davies back
You might be right, I do like Danns though and he should be on a free. 

If we do manage to bring McNaughton back, I would like to see Baptiste play in his best position at centre back, providing Dougie manages to bring in a decent left back on loan.

25Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 21:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather fuck Mavies off and keep Danns.

26Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 22:02

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:I'd rather fuck Mavies off and keep Danns.

Stop right there,Danns isnt fit to lace Mavies boots. If we get him for longer on loan so be it but a fee ?? Nooooooooooo,we cant aford it !!!

27Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 22:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm personally not a big fan of Danns, maybe extended his loan until May but no way would I want us to sign him on a permenant deal.

28Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Mon Dec 23 2013, 22:26

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Danns has done well IMO, granted he hasn't much competition, but he's put himself about and weighed in with a few goals. I think we need to secure McNaughton as a priority though.

29Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Tue Dec 24 2013, 10:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Haines takes the whistle

Andy Haines will take charge of Wanderers’ clash with Barnsley at Oakwell on Boxing Day.

Originating from Tyne & Wear, Haines is an experienced official having spent the past seven seasons plying his trade across the English game.

Having officiated 16 games across the Championship, League One and League Two so far this term, he has dished out a total of 45 yellow and eight red cards during that time.

The last time Haines featured during a Wanderers game was back in February of this year, with the Whites running out 4-1 winners against Hull City at the Reebok Stadium

Christopher Akers and Matt McGrath will run the line, while Robert Atkin will be the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Tue Dec 24 2013, 14:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sneaking suspicion that this will be a win for us. We've been much better on the road (although that's still not saying much) than at home all season and I can't see it changing here. If we play to our best we should hammer Barnsley all the way out of Yorkshire across the Sea into Norway but I feel we'll scrape it 1 - 0. It'll be a scrappy sort of match between two teams who haven't got near fulfilling what they should be capable of on paper. Barnsley will be fired up with their first game under the returned Danny Wilson but I think our lads will be able to contain them and grab the win. I personally wish Dougie would go all out attack for this but he won't and that will give Barnsley the chance to play to their own strengths when we really should be looking to move and keep the ball about. I think we have the edge on quality and that will show but I won't pretend that we'll play prettily or have more than about forty percent possession.

31Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Tue Dec 24 2013, 15:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

2-0 win for the mighty whites. You heard it here first.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

32Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Wed Dec 25 2013, 07:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I it'll just be the same old boring monotonous garbage dished up since Freedman came here. Why on earth do some of you suddenly think it will change, what evidence do you have? The guys is hopeless, the team is hopeless, his signings are hopeless, there is not one thing I can see to make me confident we'll beat any team in this division. Now think about that for one minute and how sad it is to feel like that. With what he inherited that's nothing short of an absolute disgrace. 2-0 to Barnsley and the pain continues. ::wtf::

33Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Wed Dec 25 2013, 18:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Should freedman go if we lose this?

34Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Wed Dec 25 2013, 19:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Barnsley

The Whites will make their first trip across the Pennines this season on Boxing Day to face Yorkshire outfit Barnsley.

It will be the third successive away game for Bolton were they have faced a team whose manager is looking forward to their inaugural home game.

The new man at the helm, Danny Wilson, is back for a second spell in charge at Oakwell after his previous tenure ended in 1998.

A former Tykes striker, Wilson is a cult hero in South Yorkshire after he guided the club to the top flight in the mid-1990s for the first time in their history.

Having taken over from David Flitcroft, Wilson’s Barnsley find themselves bottom of the Championship table with 16 points to their name but remain only three points away from safety.

Barnsley’s last home win in the league came back in October against Middlesbrough, and with two games at Oakwell inside four days, the Yorkshire club will be looking to finish 2013 in style.

Boxing Day’s encounter will be the 38th meeting between the two clubs, with Bolton having the slight upper hand with 13 wins compared to Barnsley’s 12.

The Whites are also unbeaten in the last eight meetings between the teams – a record which they will be hoping to extend come the final whistle on Thursday - with Barnsley’s last league victory over the Whites back in the 1997/98.

Neil Goulding – Barnsley reporter from The Sheffield Star

“Barnsley’s season has so far been one to forget. There have been few highlights for the Tykes but the arrival of new boss Danny Wilson has given the South Yorkshire club a welcome boost ahead of a busy period of festive fixtures.

“Wilson arrived for a second spell at Oakwell and in his first game on charge last Saturday he guided the Tykes to battling point in their derby clash with Leeds United at Elland Road.

“But overall this term the Tykes, who only avoided relegation on the last day of last season, have been struggling badly for form.

“They have only won three times in 21 league outings and a record of a disappointing 11 defeats is the main reason why the club are once again locked in a relegation fight.

“Midfielder Jacob Mellis will definitely miss this one, suspended for one match having collected five yellow cards.

“And Nottingham Forest loan striker Marcus Tudgay is absent as well, missing for the next three matches having been sent-off against Leeds.

“Playmaker Paddy McCourt (hamstring) and leading scorer Chris O’Grady (calf) are both major doubts to play any part.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 00:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

4 players out injured. Gives new boys a chance to shine for the new boss. Could be bad news...

36Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 06:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've said before I struggle to get excited by a win at present, feeling like nothing will improve long term until Freedman changes the system completely.

I don't know what to anticipate. I wouldn't be surprised if we nick it, draw or lose.

37Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 10:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Should freedman go if we lose this?

Yes.

38Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 13:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a feeling we will win this one.

My prediction 0-3

39Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 14:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC team to face Barnsley: Lonergan, McNaughton, Knight, Ream, Baptiste, Spearing, Pratley, Eagles, M Davies, Danns, Mason

40Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Barnsley 0 v 1 Bolton Thu Dec 26 2013, 14:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

subs: Lee-Barrett, Mills, Medo, Lee, Hall, Beckford, Moritz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum