Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of a great club.

+16
terenceanne
wessy
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Tigermin
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The end of a great club. Empty The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No way back , we can only get below average players, who only come for the money , the passion has gone, I can't see us coming back, ever.

RIP.

2The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course we will be back, we are Bolton Wanderers! Just not this season...

3The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a bit sensationalist Scott. We are in the shit, but it's not the end of the world yet. Some of the squad are out of contract in the summer, so there's some hope.

4The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the passion certainly has gone, but it can return if we had a manager who had a fucking clue what he was doing, he is taking us backwards and all the excuses about debt and FFP rules are just there to disguise the fact that he is not up to the job

5The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been through this before Scott,and it's never easy,but things can get better. But it will only begin when the club rids itself of a self serving hierarchy,a piss poor manager and a group of players not fit to wear a shirt once graced by the likes of Lofthouse,Banks, Hartle and Okocha,to name but a few.

6The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anybody know where or why dougie left the technical area?

7The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anybody know where or why dougie left the technical area?

I imagine he was off to slit his wrists.

8The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I've been through this before Scott,and it's never easy,but things can get better. But it will only begin when the club rids itself of a self serving hierarchy,a piss poor manager and a group of players not fit to wear a shirt once graced by the likes of Lofthouse,Banks, Hartle and Okocha,to name but a few.
Agreed bonce, but this does feel a lot like the mid eighties, the atmosphere around the club reeks of those awful days and I fear that unless Eddie acts decisively very soon we might not have a second saviour there if we fall as far as we did then.

9The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

perhaps he's realised he has no right to be in there anymore, keep walking Dougie!

10The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I heard he went either at 6-0, orb just as they scored the 7th.

he just walked off.

11The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:53

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:

He went to give Pratley one in the shower !

12The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The 'shower' was on the pitch!

13The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 17:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Tigermin wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The 'shower' was on the pitch!

Agreed BB, shower of shite!  Evil or Very Mad 

14The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I heard he didn't wanna be anywhere near the players after that embarrassment. He got a taxi home. Expect to see lennie in the post match interview.

15The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not quite the end. Anybody who watched when we played in the fourth division will give testimony to that. However that is cold comfort, as I have stated before it will get much worse before it gets better and I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't watch my team in the top flight again in my lifetime.
Having watched the Whites in the top flight five times, I consider myself rather lucky.
Dark days.

16The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:10

Soul Kitchen wrote:Not quite the end. Anybody who watched when we played in the fourth division will give testimony to that. However that is cold comfort, as I have stated before it will get much worse before it gets better and I have resigned myself to the fact that I  won't watch my team in the top flight again in my lifetime.
Having watched the Whites in the top flight five times, I consider myself rather lucky.
Dark days.

As I've said before on here, the big difference between back then and now is, we were just skint in the 80's.

Nowadays, we're £170m in debt and I don't care what Gartside says about how it's not "real" debt, it's still a big fucking debt and it could potentially kill us.

We could of course sell the North Stand off to the Co-Op and build a supermarket again though......

17The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Not quite the end. Anybody who watched when we played in the fourth division will give testimony to that. However that is cold comfort, as I have stated before it will get much worse before it gets better and I have resigned myself to the fact that I  won't watch my team in the top flight again in my lifetime.
Dark days.

As I've said before on here, the big difference between back then and now is, we were just skint in the 80's.

Nowadays, we're £170m in debt and I don't care what Gartside says about how it's not "real" debt, it's still a big fucking debt and it could potentially kill us.

We could of course sell the North Stand off to the Co-Op and build a supermarket again though......

It may yet come to that. In the 80s we were skint but at least the managers were able to wheel and deal in the transfer market and we were lucky enough to have managers who were brilliant at it. Nowadays "undiscovered talent" is impossible to find and anyway our managers hands are tied.

18The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:19

...and he's rubbish.

Don't forget that bit.

19The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

all this crap about his hands being tied is bollocks, we should have more than enough quality at the club to be performing a million times better than we are. The fault lies with the manager, he is simply not up to the job

20The end of a great club. Empty Re: The end of a great club. Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:21

Snap !

Once again, Kenny Powers nails it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum