Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone else lost it?

+18
Whitesince63
NickFazer
rammywhite
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
White84
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Triumph
Reebok_Rebel
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Anyone else lost it?  Empty Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Now, I'm a die-hard Bolton fan, I don't have to prove my credentials to anybody. however, of late, ive been feeling a little apathetic towards them if im honest.

Its not just the fact we are crap, I can cope with that, its the lack of passion the players show, the complete ineptitude they have as footballers, the usual merry-go-round of bullshit spouted by the men in charge at the club, the complete lack of atmosphere at games, I could go on.

I still have my season ticket but I have missed a couple of games since around Christmas, not because I couldn't go, just because I didn't fancy them destroying my day as they have a habit of doing of late.

So, Saturday... I was going to get a ticket and go but do you know what, I cant be arsed sitting in the freezing cold, with no atmosphere watching a bunch of useless, uninterested ponces trying to play football and ultimately getting battered.

My 2 year old has developed an interest in trains of late, so im going to stay away from the results and take him up to the east lancs railway instead, he will love it, and if im honest, I have a strong feeling I will enjoy it better too.

Anybody else losing there rag with the wanderers at the min?

2Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:23

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same here RR, have a season ticket but just can't be arsed going tomorrow to listen to the Boo's and the same old excuses on the radio on the way home plus I begrudge the £15 it should be free for season ticket holders.

3Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wasn't going to go to tomorrows game, as I was so disgusted with the players performance against Reading, but my mate really wants to go and I didn't want to let him down, so we're off!

I will continue to watch all the home games, including cup games, but I might miss a few of our pre planned away games, hopefully, things will improve with the team, but I'm not too confident.

4Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:39

I have almost completely stopped going to watch Bolton nowadays.

If I'm being totally honest, it actually started under Allardyce. That was the start of the end product, (ie not losing) becoming more important to the club than actually entertaining the fans.

And under Megson, it suddenly got a whole lot easier to justify not wasting my time and money on watching the Wanderers.

Maybe it's part of getting older?

Maybe it's the fact that it's no longer entertaining....?

Maybe it's the fact that it used to be a cracking day out with about twenty mates which started at 11:00 am and went on until we all fell over in the wee small hours and that hasn't happened for a long while because we're all too old......

Not sure if it's just a Bolton thing, but I'm getting more and more bored with football in general, these days.

The game's lost touch with the fans and if they don't give a fuck about me, I'm not going to waste any time worrying about them......

Enjoy the trains.

5Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
Maybe it's the fact that it used to be a cracking day out with about twenty mates which started at 11:00 am and went on until we all fell over in the wee small hours and that hasn't happened for a long while because we're all too old......

I miss this too. Badly. Its just not the same anymore.

I sacrifice time I could be spending with my son doing daddy/son stuff to go to loads of games. His Mum says its OK and even lets me go with her blessing as its 'what I do' but if im honest, doing stuff with my annoying, bubbly, constantly wants this and that, needs a wee every 5 mins etc son seems more appealing right now.

6Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 13:51

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Breadman wrote:

I miss this too. Badly. Its just not the same anymore.

I sacrifice time I could be spending with my son doing daddy/son stuff to go to loads of games. His Mum says its OK and even lets me go with her blessing as its 'what I do' but if im honest, doing stuff with my annoying, bubbly, constantly wants this and that, needs a wee every 5 mins etc son seems more appealing right now.

That's called being a good Dad, mate and it sounds like you're doing a damned fine job.

7Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 14:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I certainly don't look forward to matches like I used to. The low crowds do not make for a great atmosphere but that's what being a supporter is all about. Not every team can be at the top of the Premiership. The FA Cup has lost some of it's shine but it still produces one or two upsets and that's what makes it all worthwhile for me.

8Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 14:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel the same in all honesty. I haven't been at all yet this season and I'm not one who goes if we are on a winning streak etc but the way the team has been this season so far really has put me off going to be fair.

I am going to the Cardiff game tomorrow though so I can give Dougie a piece of my mind!  Twisted Evil

9Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 14:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest rr, when my two kids were very young, I didn't go to any bolton games whatsoever. I missed all of our games under bsa. My mrs works every Saturday and the easy option would have been to dump the kids off at my parents house whilst I go to the footy, but instead I spent every weekend with my kids. I certainly don't regret a thing, as kids grow up real quick.

10Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 14:53

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I missed a lot of games when my children were growing up, because we used to go to Horse Shows most weekends. 

These last few years I've not missed many home games but on the whole the football's been Crap.

Be there tomorrow, must be mad.

11Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:11

"The low crowds do not make for a great atmosphere but that's what being a supporter is all about. Not every team can be at the top of the Premiership."

I'm not trying to start a row now and I say this with all due respect, RT, but that's missing the point for me.

I used to stand in the Paddock when the crowds were between 5 and 6 thousand every week in the Third Division and I actually enjoyed the experience far more than I do now.

The size of the crowd and the league position have got cock all to do with it.

The money plays a part, because there's no way I'd pay £35 to watch a 90 minute film at the pictures, so I resent paying it for a football match.

Especially when the players look like they don't give a shit, despite my £35 contributing to their £20k a week....

12Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with ticket prices and this is another reason I will not buy a season ticket.

It really is ridiculously expensive!

Even if you have tons of cash, is it value for money? No!

13Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:17

I often wonder, when there's a London team on TV, "How on earth can they afford to go to the match and take two kids with 'em?" when you consider it's about four quid for a loaf in London and a garden shed sells for about £350,000......?

14Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I often wonder, when there's a London team on TV, "How on earth can they afford to go to the match and take two kids with 'em?" when you consider it's about four quid for a loaf in London and a garden shed sells for about £350,000......?

That's where all the millionaires live Breadman.

According to David Cameron and his cronies, we are all poor outside of London and sit on our arse all day long waiting for our benefit money to be paid in while chewing the fat!

15Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it's been happening to me for a while. Megson's days onwards have left me feeling mostly apathetic but it's more with footie as a whole rather than BWFC. 

It's not the people's game any more. It belongs to Sky and the moneymen like agents. 

Fans are seen as walking ATM's and nothing else. I think it's sad but the days of football really being a mass entertainment that was affordable to all are dead and won't be back anytime soon.

16Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been to a few rugby league games recently. Great entertainment,and affordable. Unless football takes a good look at itself I can see teams playing to empty stadiums. The clubs won't mind cos they've pocketed the TV money,but how long will the TV mandarins endure showing televised football with no atmosphere? Football begins and ends with the supporters,without us they're up shit creek without the proverbial,and the sooner they recognize that fact the sooner football will return to what it should be,namely an affordable entertainment for the masses.

17Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's simple. If you don't laugh at this lot you cry.

I suspect most people were watching Soccer Saturday last week, shouting "for fuck sake" with each Reading goal that went in, only louder each time. By the time the seventh had gone in, I was in hysterics. I might have even let out a slight groan when we pulled one back.

If you can't take it on the chin, you've got no chance in life as a Bolton fan.

18Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People seem to be slowly waking upto the fact that BWFC is shite entertainment. I've been banging on about this for years, football is just about the only form of entertainment that people pay for the privilege of being miserable and bored.

Football has become way too serious. Rules are too strict. The passion has been removed from the game as the modern ponce develops. In 20 years football will be a non-contact sport.

If I was married and had kids I wouldn't go within 20 miles of The Reebok.

19Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If I was married and had kids I wouldn't go within 20 miles of The Reebok.
Well that's not likely to happen unless there's a glut of masochists queuing up for emasculation in the Preston area and anyhoo you've already jumped ship so I think your position on this is already clear to everyone.

A fairly high percentage of posters on here live some distance away from Bolton these days - perhaps that's why we're attracted to the forum? - so a discussion about whether or not "we've lost it" i.e. will the team's performances put us off attending matches or not (if that's what we're really talking about) is a little out of place and not likely to be representative of the fan base as a whole.

I've only attended 2 games so far this season and I'd like to say that it's entirely due to the travel but on reflection that's probably not true. I don't go to a lot of matches since relocating to the Norfolk coast, but in recent seasons I've been to more than 2 by this stage, so there's something else going on. I suspect our troubles are starting to wear me down - or more likely I feel less inspired to make the 400 mile round trip as often as I have done in the past. And I agree with Bread that it's not the division we're in etc. It's perhaps that I suspect the current squad are mercenaries who don't care about our club and the sooner Dougie can clear them out the better. I can forgive players for being crap or making cockups, but if I don't think they're trying hard enough they lose my vote.

20Anyone else lost it?  Empty Re: Anyone else lost it? Fri Jan 24 2014, 16:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I lost it a long while back tbh. 

Bolton used to dominate my life, when i was at Uni going to the away games was my favourite thing in the world. A defeat would put me in a mood for days.

honestly since i moved away from England my passion has just been zapped, but it had started to wane watching games under Megson and then Coyle.  The quality of football is the biggest thing, the steady decline since Big Sam left has been remarkable. Stunning the lack of basic skills this team has had for a long long time, the simplest of things haven't been achieved for a long time IMO. 

Still love the club of course but it's the game as a whole I'm bored with frankly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum