Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers hand TRIAL to Romanian STAR

+8
luckyPeterpiper
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wanderers hand TRIAL to Romanian STAR Empty Wanderers hand TRIAL to Romanian STAR Mon Jan 27 2014, 18:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ștefan Popescu

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another one for the development squad.........

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's in the development squad for tonights game against Villa.

To be honest i'm more optimistic with the new youth players dougie is bringing in than when Coyle did it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Won 3-2
Bolger
Clough (2)

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think this is the young left back that Adrian mutu said would be joining up with us a couple of weeks ago.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is exactly how a club like ours needs to be run. Bringing in young players for a pittance with a view to developing them into valuable assets.

Sadly when the likes of Hall and Odelusi can't get a game in the FA Cup, aged 20+ when the regulars are embarrassing us regularly in the league, you have to wonder how serious we are about this plan.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:This is exactly how a club like ours needs to be run. Bringing in young players for a pittance with a view to developing them into valuable assets.

Sadly when the likes of Hall and Odelusi can't get a game in the FA Cup, aged 20+ when the regulars are embarrassing us regularly in the league, you have to wonder how serious we are about this plan.

I agree. Bolger and Clough are regularly mentioned in the youth set-up but never seem to get a look-in.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:This is exactly how a club like ours needs to be run. Bringing in young players for a pittance with a view to developing them into valuable assets.

YES

Culcheth_White wrote:I think this is the young left back that Adrian mutu said would be joining up with us a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't he get done for doing drugs....?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unfortunately you are right but it means we become little more than a feeder club working to develop kids who then get cherry picked by the 'big' boys. However it's likely that's the only way we can balance the books in the coming years.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I think this is the young left back that Adrian mutu said would be joining up with us a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't he get done for doing drugs....?

He did Breadman. Smile

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

(Jan 14, 2014) - Adrian Mutu wrote:Stefan Popescu will sign for Bolton Wanderers.

They don't call him Adrian "ITK" Mutu for nothing!  Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Transfermarkt says he signed for us on 15th Jan - perhaps a little prematurely.

If he's any good he should start tonight so we can rebalance the back 4.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:
(Jan 14, 2014) - Adrian Mutu wrote:Stefan Popescu will sign for Bolton Wanderers.

Keegan- you'll have to forgive me for being slow and naïve  here. But what does 'ITK' stand for.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Keegan wrote:

Keegan- you'll have to forgive me for being slow and naïve  here. But what does 'ITK' stand for.

I had to google that one as well Rammy! Very Happy

It stands for "In The Know". Smile

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Keegan wrote:

I had to google that one as well Rammy! Very Happy

It stands for "In The Know". Smile

Thanks Karly- I thought of that but it didn't seem to make much sense in the context. I'll just put it down to being born stupid and never improving.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Transfermarkt says he signed for us on 15th Jan - perhaps a little prematurely.

No chance wander, he's gone to the development squad and I believe he played last night for them mate.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Transfermarkt says he signed for us on 15th Jan - perhaps a little prematurely.

No chance wander, he's gone to the development squad and I believe he played last night for them mate.
He did, but seeing as he's been out of contract since Ajaccio dumped him he should have plenty of energy!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Out of contract Ajaccio reject and he's a STAR already?
I'd like to think he may be someday, but it just goes to show what a windup newspaper headlines are.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hey Rammy - in this instance "ITK" meant "In The Know" and not, as it usually does for Mutu, "It's The Koke. (SP)". Mutu and Popescu were at the same team and left at the same time. Mutu tweeted that Popescu would be joining us before there was any mention of it elsewhere. The question was asked of popular "ITK" journalists who rubbished it at the time, but clearly Mutu knew what he was talking about, so has been awarded the nickname Adrian "ITK" Mutu!

Cheers...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum