Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man Utd "Fanzine" Mocks Muamba reaction.

+6
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Quent
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

"Good Mourning"? Seriously? Not cool.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:"Good Mourning"? Seriously? Not cool.

I think it was supposed to be a reference to Allo Allo's 'Good Moaning'.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm a big 'Allo Allo' fan. The fellow who does the fanzine is still a cúnt.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Whilst I don't condone what the United Scum fanzine has done I am starting to find the whole thing with Muamba is becoming embarassing. I am sure everyone is thankful that he is recovering, but to be getting updates all the time like "he sat up", "he talked" etc is too much. Let's not forget that he did not die. The whole shrine thing and books of condolence frankly give me the creeps. Sunderland apparently stopped off on the way to a game to give a signed shirt ! When Mark Vivien Foe died in 2003 I don't recall such a media frenzy. There was a shrine at the City of Manchester stadium and now a small plaque of remembrance. City retired his shirt number and then they carried on. Same when a young United player got killed in a car crash on his way to his loan club Watford.No massive frenzy. What would happen if this type of accident happened to a "star" player like van Persie or Gerrard ? Would it be even worse ? I suspect it would be. Also, to get back to item about the fanzine, I wonder how many of the Bolton fans that will go mental about this magazine cover have in their time sung Munich '58 songs at games ?

Last edited by Dunkels King on Thu Mar 29 2012, 12:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Loads of unwanted text found it's way into the sentences !)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good post Dunkels, and I agree with you 100%. It's the "minutes applause" that embarrasses me the most - when has there ever been a minutes applause for a living person?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've done my back in, whilst moving furniture around my apartment - hence being off work and being on here, do you think that they will do a minutes applause for me, on Saturday?

Flippantly speaking, must admit I acnnot stand all this applause etc etc etc that is still continuing, for Muamba. Yes I agreed with the Villa game being postponed and possible thanks and praise posters during the week, but the shrine, the clapping, all the nonsense thats still going on and minute by minute updates - far too much and wish it would stop!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

On the more general point I get irritated by the abuse of the minute's silence. It used to be on just on Armistice Day, then it was for major disasters, then it became two not one minute, then when something bad has happened, what next? Three minutes silence when one of the Queen's corgis dies?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I've done my back in, whilst moving furniture around my apartment - hence being off work and being on here, do you think that they will do a minutes applause for me, on Saturday?

Please confirm the exact time of your accident so I can make sure I observe the minutes applause at the correct time.

bwfc71 wrote:I've done my back in, whilst shagging dirty hookers in Amsterdam. It was worth it.

I've corrected your post for you.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I've done my back in, whilst shagging dirty hookers in Amsterdam. It was worth it.

I've corrected your post for you.

Its you who does that - those dirty prosies from the backstreets of Blackburn, who pass themselves off as young school girls!!!

I don't even live in Amsterdam and the city i live in doesn't ahve a red-light district! Plus I would never pay for sex, I get more than enough with my gf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum