Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies - Did he score his last goal for us tonight?

+6
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Never really been a goal scorer and no longer a regular in the team and now we are out of the last cup competition this season.

Don't think Super Kev will get much game time now and he is nearly 76 years old so do you think we will see him score again for us?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see this season being his last in top flight football but if we get relegated I can see him staying with us for the Championship campaign.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, he'd be a cheap option for a squad player.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A def keeper for the championship.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It was a tidy finish from Kev to be fair.

I think he may pop with another goal before the end of the season but if he doesn't then no I think OC will keep him on for another season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, he'll score again this season.

He still has something to offer as was proved last night. Whether he'll want to be a super-sub is another matter.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't next season his testimonial year? I think he's been with us for 10 but I'm not certain. If he does go it would be a travesty for him to do so without a testimonial given the service he's given our club.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Gardner has been here for god knows how many years and he hasn't been given one.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's true. Ricardo's been with us since the 90s.
Also deserves a testimonial IMO.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have sleepless nights imagining Kevin Davies being a regular next season, whatever league we're in!

It's probably a curse in disguise him scoring last night, as the last time he made a decent impact from the bench, he got a start in the biggest game of the season...he was shocking, and we deservedly lost!

The crap that he's done in recent seasons well outweighs the useful. The club should move on!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll probably be alone here but I have a softer spot for Gardner than Davies, not that I don't value how good Davies has been in the past.

Gardner was a top, consistent performer for ten seasons. Davies was that for six.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Gardner was a top, consistent performer for ten seasons. Davies was that for six.

Gardner doesn't deserve a bloody testimonial the amount of time he's been out injured. I bet over the last 5 years he's been injured more than not.

Surely they'll get rid this Summer.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bibi has been a Wanderer since 1998 - spotted in the World Cup.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For the record, I didn't class any of the last 4 seasons in the 10 I referred to.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough.

He was a good Championship player but despite having bundles of potential he never quite did it in the Premier League. His final ball always let him down.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

For every failing that you guys find in Bibi, I blame Big Sam. Bibi had the shot, the cross, the pass, the dribbles and the free kicks when Sam got his grubby, hotdog-stealing paws on him. He decided that Bibi was best served as a left back and destroyed his natural game. I've seen Bibi score directly from a corner kick against Costa Rica in WCQ. Bibi wasn't built to chase wingers and tackle them, he was built to be a winger and evade tackles. No bloody wonder that he gets injured so much now, after all the years being played out of position for the club he loves and served faithfully. None of you can recall a game when he hasn't seemed to give his all, and to glibly dismiss him as 'finished' and not having performed well in the past few years is to do him a real dis-service. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Big Sam out!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:For every failing that you guys find in Bibi, I blame Big Sam. Bibi had the shot, the cross, the pass, the dribbles and the free kicks when Sam got his grubby, hotdog-stealing paws on him. He decided that Bibi was best served as a left back and destroyed his natural game. I've seen Bibi score directly from a corner kick against Costa Rica in WCQ. Bibi wasn't built to chase wingers and tackle them, he was built to be a winger and evade tackles. No bloody wonder that he gets injured so much now, after all the years being played out of position for the club he loves and served faithfully. None of you can recall a game when he hasn't seemed to give his all, and to glibly dismiss him as 'finished' and not having performed well in the past few years is to do him a real dis-service. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Big Sam out!

I've had to put up with your Ricardo love-in for the last few years and I'm sick of it. Just because he was born in Jamaica doesn't mean he's a great player. I was born in the same town as Peter Kay but I don't go on messageboards telling the world he's the funniest guy in the world.

Open your eyes you muppet. Gardner has been stealing a living for nearly 5 years now!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, are you an accountant? Loads of your gripes are about money.
Anyway, When I saw SKD's goal, I was sure he miskicked it, and caught it with his shin/side of his shin.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Show me the post where I said he was a great player. That's OK, I'll wait.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum