Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

19%. win percentage.

+4
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

119%. win percentage. Empty 19%. win percentage. Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This season, how is he still in a job?

Last edited by scottjames30 on Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:32; edited 1 time in total

219%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:31

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

319%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Sun Feb 16 2014, 00:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Simple ..... Darkside & Dead Eddie.

If you or I owned the club would you do somat about this.....of course you would.

419%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Sun Feb 16 2014, 00:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seriously there is something going on here, there is no way a business would accept such abject failiure, I don't buy into this FFP bullshit, what I see is Gartside watching his own back, fucked up on so many levels, the thing is ED is a self made Millionairre, you don't get that far by being stupid, why has he allowed Gartside to kill our club?

519%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I last looked, 55% of people on this board had voted to replace Dougie with Hollowhead - who has a 14.9% win percentage.

619%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 13:27

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:When I last looked, 55% of people on this board had voted to replace Dougie with Hollowhead - who has a 14.9% win percentage.

That's more down to the fact they want Dickhead Dougie out rather than Holloway in.

719%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 13:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
wanderlust wrote:When I last looked, 55% of people on this board had voted to replace Dougie with Hollowhead - who has a 14.9% win percentage.

That's more down to the fact they want Dickhead Dougie out rather than Holloway in.
That's one explanation.... Very Happy

819%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 14:30

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Also there was a rumour on Twitter that Gartside has had a meeting with the players to tell them in no uncertain terms that Dougie is going nowhere and it is them that are bringing the club down.

When a manager has a win percentage of 19% and the club hierarchy do not want to act then there has to be something going on in the background. I can't believe that Big Ed would just let the whole club fall through the divisions.

919%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 14:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's starting to look as if one of two things is happening. 

(a) Big ED is trying to get out altogether, to sell the club to anyone he can and is unwilling to fund the club any further while he does that.

(b) Big ED simply CAN'T fund the club any further, including potting Garty or Freedman and so is waiting until the big earners are sold/released and will use THAT money to settle some of the "equity" then put the club up for sale in the hope he'll get the rest back from new owners. 

I can't think of a really solid reason for him to remain silent for all this time but those two strike me as plausible.

1019%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 15:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's starting to look as if one of two things is happening. 

(a) Big ED is trying to get out altogether, to sell the club to anyone he can and is unwilling to fund the club any further while he does that.

(b) Big ED simply CAN'T fund the club any further, including potting Garty or Freedman and so is waiting until the big earners are sold/released and will use THAT money to settle some of the "equity" then put the club up for sale in the hope he'll get the rest back from new owners. 

I can't think of a really solid reason for him to remain silent for all this time but those two strike me as plausible.
Eddie Davies has always been silent and rarely gets involved with the media circus. 
However IMO the more obvious reason for Gartside backing Dougie (if it's true) is that he believes (rightly or wrongly) that Dougie is the right man to take us through the transition. 
I imagine that after years of chopping and changing and generally drifting without the leadership to balance the finances and put the club back on to a sound footing Gartside would want a medium term plan to finally sort it all out and would be prepared to endure a bad season providing we stay up.
Whether or not that's to prepare us for sale is debatable.
I don't think he views Dougie as the man to take us forward once stability has been achieved though. I reckon Gartside is backing Dougie to do the dirty work for him, and will dump him as soon as he gets what he wants.

1119%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 17:09

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's starting to look as if one of two things is happening. 

Eddie Davies has always been silent and rarely gets involved with the media circus. 
However IMO the more obvious reason for Gartside backing Dougie (if it's true) is that he believes (rightly or wrongly) that Dougie is the right man to take us through the transition. 
I imagine that after years of chopping and changing and generally drifting without the leadership to balance the finances and put the club back on to a sound footing Gartside would want a medium term plan to finally sort it all out and would be prepared to endure a bad season providing we stay up.
I don't think he views Dougie as the man to take us forward once stability has been achieved though. I reckon Gartside is backing Dougie to do the dirty work for him, and will dump him as soon as he gets what he wants.
I think that with Eddie's advancing age, and with the family showing no apparent interest in the club, and with taxes being a primary concern, that there is a master plan for some sort of transition in the near future.  Eddie's main concern should be his heirs and the tax consequences for them.  I am sure Gartside is well aware of these plans and is doing everything to sort out the finances of the club.  If Dougie is doing what is asked, the only requirement would be to stay up this season as those out of contract with large wages will be let go in the Summer.  Since the Championship does not pay a difference in money as to where you finish beneath 2nd and as long as you finish above the bottom three, the goal to cleanse the club of high wages may be met by this Summer. 

As supporters of this club, we are all unhappy with the results (I'm sure Dougie is as well). But as Gartside is the financial overseer for Eddie, he may be making progress towards the goal that Eddie wants.  You can only assume that if he was not, he would be sacked quickly. So basically we are in for the ride as a very turbulent change-over is in progress.  We will not be satisfied this season, but can only hope for a change for the better in the future.  This does not make me feel better when I see a bunch of clowns put a bad shift on defense, knock our goaltender down, and allow a goal to tie a game we should be winning. The point is we can't expect any better when the ultimate goal is to put this club in whatever business sense the owner would like to see it in.  We just need to avoid relegation in my mind, to achieve those goals.  This will be a very new club come August, and hopefully we stay up.  We have the strength to do that, but not the passion or the tactics currently.  There is no doubt in my mind that we should be mid-table other than lack of passion and very poor tactics.

1219%. win percentage. Empty Re: 19%. win percentage. Mon Feb 17 2014, 18:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I think that with Eddie's advancing age, and with the family showing no apparent interest in the club, and with taxes being a primary concern, that there is a master plan for some sort of transition in the near future.  Eddie's main concern should be his heirs and the tax consequences for them.  I am sure Gartside is well aware of these plans and is doing everything to sort out the finances of the club.  If Dougie is doing what is asked, the only requirement would be to stay up this season as those out of contract with large wages will be let go in the Summer.  Since the Championship does not pay a difference in money as to where you finish beneath 2nd and as long as you finish above the bottom three, the goal to cleanse the club of high wages may be met by this Summer. 

As supporters of this club, we are all unhappy with the results (I'm sure Dougie is as well). But as Gartside is the financial overseer for Eddie, he may be making progress towards the goal that Eddie wants.  You can only assume that if he was not, he would be sacked quickly. So basically we are in for the ride as a very turbulent change-over is in progress.  We will not be satisfied this season, but can only hope for a change for the better in the future.  This does not make me feel better when I see a bunch of clowns put a bad shift on defense, knock our goaltender down, and allow a goal to tie a game we should be winning. The point is we can't expect any better when the ultimate goal is to put this club in whatever business sense the owner would like to see it in.  We just need to avoid relegation in my mind, to achieve those goals.  This will be a very new club come August, and hopefully we stay up.  We have the strength to do that, but not the passion or the tactics currently.  There is no doubt in my mind that we should be mid-table other than lack of passion and very poor tactics.
Well put. Only fly in the ointment is that only a handful of those on Premiership wages are out of contract this summer and I've no doubt they'll be allowed to leave, but I imagine the club will be open to offers on the rest just to get them off the books.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum