Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hate evans!

+11
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
scottjames30
ROGUEMANNY
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Keegan
cairocuz
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1hate evans! Empty hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 00:18

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

stuart holden off injured after 23 mins playing for the under 21s
evans started all this,ruined a players carer,hope hes proud of himself NOT!

2hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 00:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That bastard!  :face2:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 00:57

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

that's putting it mild! Evil or Very Mad

4hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 01:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

cairocuz wrote:
evans started all this,ruined a players carer

What has Holden's home help got to do with it?

5hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 01:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
cairocuz wrote:
evans started all this,ruined a players carer

What has Holden's home help got to do with it?

lol!

6hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:16

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The tackle was 50/50 

I was at the game and absolutely gutted but having watched the replay over the last 3 years I'm still not convinced it's all Evans fault

7hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The tackle wasn't 50/50, Evans stamped on his knee, nasty bastard.

The referee agreed it was a terrible tackle, red card!

8hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was at that game as well and Evans went over the ball and right into his knee, a deserved red card.

I suppose we will have to wait and see if its serious or not but can we really afford to offer him another contract?  I know we haven't paid his wages this season but it will be a different story next season i presume?

9hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hate to sound silly but isn't the knee Stu clutched the last night the one he injured last year and NOT the one Johnny Evans clattered? I could have sworn Evans did Stu's LEFT knee and last night he was clutching his right.

10hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's had problems with both knees hasn't he? maybe something to do with either of them not being strong enough to maintain his careeer now

11hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:he's had problems with both knees hasn't he? maybe something to do with either of them not being strong enough to maintain his careeer now
Yeah, he did one against evans then the other playing for the USA in the Gold Cup last year. I distinctly remember how we all thought he'd popped the same knee again until the club announced it wasn't. However I can't remember the order. I was sure that Evans damaged Stuart's LEFT knee while Stuart's problem last night was with his right knee.

12hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think either way it is now very unlikely either of his knees will be strong enough now for him to have any kind of playing career now, which is a massive shame as he was a great player

I hope i am wrong and he comes back fit and well but i just can't see it now

13hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I hate to sound silly but isn't the knee Stu clutched the last night the one he injured last year and NOT the one Johnny Evans clattered? I could have sworn Evans did Stu's LEFT knee and last night he was clutching his right.

Evan's hurt both Knees, make no excuse for the so-called Human.

14hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i was at that game as well and Evans went over the ball and right into his knee, a deserved red card.

I suppose we will have to wait and see if its serious or not but can we really afford to offer him another contract?  I know we haven't paid his wages this season but it will be a different story next season i presume?
norpig the insurance will pay him until his deal runs out. Then if medical assessment says he should retire they'll probably come to some sort of settlement about compensating him for future lost earnings. I think (don't take this as gospel because I haven't actually looked it all up yet) they'll look at the average retirement age for players in his position and the average salary for such a player at this level and offer a lump sum based on that. But if he's passed as fit to play then they'll obviously stop paying him at which point it will be up to the club whether or not to take the risk. I suspect if that happens we'll see some kind of pay as you play deal on the table at least for the first half of next season and go from there. 

I have to be honest here and say I wasn't over confident about him playing at all this season. Given how late in the day it is I might have been inclined to spend the time with him working in the gym and on the training field then used the summer to get him totally as fit as he could get. He wasn't even in light training till January and didn't kick a ball at all until a month ago if the club's to be believed so I think we might just have hurried it a bit in the hope of seeing him get in at least ONE game for the first team before his deal runs out as a means of justifying offering him another. 

I hope it was just a spasm or something like that. Has Stu himself said anything on Twitter yet? I don't have an account and have never used it so does anyone else know?

15hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 09:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I hate to sound silly but isn't the knee Stu clutched the last night the one he injured last year and NOT the one Johnny Evans clattered? I could have sworn Evans did Stu's LEFT knee and last night he was clutching his right.

Evan's hurt both Knees, make no excuse for the so-called Human.
Scott I'm not looking to excuse what Evans did, it was a shocker no question but I just want to know which knee was the one Stu spent all that time off for back then. If it's the "Evans" knee he damaged last night it doesn't bode at all well for a comeback of any kind but if it was the other and just a spasm it might be he and the club jumped him into a match a little prematurely. I know I'm grasping at straws but I really am praying Stuart will make it back and this is just a hiccup not the end of the line.

16hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 09:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If going off is anything other than a precautionary measure, I am gutted. It was always likely that Stu would be cautious about coming back after what's happened to him in the past but I always hoped that returning to full fitness would be the least of his worries. He's had top quality rehabilitation and I assumed that would be enough to at least put him in with a chance of playing again. My major concern was whether or not he would be able to find the form he used to have. Perhaps it's his playing style? He was fairly combative  and athletic so fitness is perhaps essential to his game.
Still hope he makes it but this sounds like another setback.

17hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 09:37

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:If going off is anything other than a precautionary measure, I am gutted. It was always likely that Stu would be cautious about coming back after what's happened to him in the past but I always hoped that returning to full fitness would be the least of his worries. He's had top quality rehabilitation and I assumed that would be enough to at least put him in with a chance of playing again. My major concern was whether or not he would be able to find the form he used to have. Perhaps it's his playing style? He was fairly combative  and athletic so fitness is perhaps essential to his game.
Still hope he makes it but this sounds like another setback.
I'll tell you why I still feel some hope lusty. When I was in my mid twenties I tore the cruciate ligament in my left knee. Now I admit I didn't have access to the sort of rehab and treatment Stu and other professionals have now but it was nearly EIGHTEEN months before I was able to play a full ninety minutes. At seven months I was still unable to jog more than ten yards much less run and play a football match. I always felt that he rushed his rehab and thought last night sounded a little early even with the advances in medicine and therapy that have taken place. It's not that many years ago this kind of injury would have instantly ended a player's career. I applaud him for his desire to get back playing but I really think he let his heart rule his head and feel perhaps the medical staff could or should have told him to take more time. 

Because he was able to jog off himself I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it was just a spasm or a strain that will serve as a warning and Stu will listen and take some more time before trying to play a competitive match. 

With two months of this season to go and a lot of midfielders available I'd prefer him to simply concentrate on strengthening that knee properly and take the summer to assess whether he's ready to come back next term. We aren't paying his wages or treatment costs right now so we don't lose anything by being patient and there could be a lot to gain in the long run.

18hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 09:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As Evans' studs went into Holden's knee, Holden was gliding through the air, both feet off the ground, studs showing, nowhere near the ball.

Some of the Evans hatred I've seen over the years has been completely OTT and hypocritical.

19hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 09:59

Holden's studs were nowhere near making contact with Evans, Evans flew in studs first. There is a video on here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20hate evans! Empty Re: hate evans! Tue Mar 04 2014, 10:12

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

the video proves without doubt evans was to blame

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: