Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ched Evans

+27
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Sluffy
White84
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Bwfc1958
B.D.P
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Ched Evans Empty Ched Evans Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Ched Evans had played for Bolton before he got sent to prison for rape, would you welcome him back after he got released or would you not want him anywhere near us?

I don't condone rape what so ever but I think he has served his time, so I think if the likes of Lee Hughes can be welcomed back into football then Evans should be too.

2Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For some reason I hate Lee Hughes more than Evans, the fat wanker. He ran off like a coward and then lied and lied like a little bitch.

I have my doubts whether Evans is guilty of anything more than being an idiot to be honest.

At the end of the day if John McGinlay, Andy Walker or any more recent "legends" had been in the same position we'd all be desperate for them to come back. Don't see why Sheff Utd fans should be any different.

3Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Nov 12 2014, 19:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What I find most distressing about this case is the silly bint standing by Evans. Regardless of whether he raped the girl or not, he still cheated on his girlfriend in the most public way.

Some people have absolutely no self esteem.

4Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Nov 12 2014, 21:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's done his time so he's going back to work, instead of sponging off the state.

5Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 08:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's a tricky one this, on one hand he's served his time but because of the high profile job he has it will attract a lot of attention and clubs will be wary of taking him on because of the stigma and possible loss of revenue and sponsorship.
On the other hand he is still claiming it was all consensual and he is appealing, what happens if his appeal is upheld? Are people going to backtrack and apologise? I think not and the stigma will follow him around forever whatever happens.

6Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 09:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprisingly well-balanced views - unlike the Sheff U fans who have already thrown their toys out of the pram.

7Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 09:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taking all the moral arguments out of it for a second. 

Sheff Utd don't actually have to employ him if they don't want, so I don't understand why they're dragging their heels, they either do want to or they don't. In which case offer him a deal, or say you're not going too.

why all the mystery?

8Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 10:21

Absolutely no doubt Sheff will be taking Evans back, they're just doing it softly softly. Let people get used to the idea wait for it to die down a bit and then give him a contract. Let's face it they can re-sign a 20 goal a year striker on next to nothing compared to what he would have been earning, I don't think they really care what he's done.

Very tricky situation anyway, I don't know what the right thing to do would be.

9Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 11:10

It's a tough one this.

If he'd held his hands up and said "Yeah, it's a fair cop - I done it, guv" it'd be a lot easier to make a moral judgement on the situation and I think I'd probably err on the side of not wanting him to play football again.

I know he's served his time and all that, but football's just too high profile for this ever to go away and seeing a convicted rapist running round earning a fortune would just feel a bit distasteful.

But he hasn't admitted anything, has he?

He's vehemently denied any wrong doing from Day One and I think that's what's clouding the issue.

Let's say he's actually innocent and put ourselves in his shoes for a minute.

How would we feel?

You didn't do it but you've still done time for it.

You're desperate to prove your innocence and you just want a chance to get on with your life again.

But you've got all these people slagging you off for not showing any remorse.

Why should you if you didn't do it? I know I wouldn't.

No idea how this will play out eventually because, guilty or innocent, mud sticks and Evans will always be damaged goods from now on and so will always divide opinion and attract controversy.

10Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 12:20

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

I wouldn't like having a convicted rapist playing for Bolton.

He's done his time though so he should be free to continue his career.

Mike Tyson boxed again and made millions after he was released.

11Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Nov 13 2014, 12:23

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

He would get hammered every week from the terraces no doubt about that. Whether he's done it or not, I would feel very uncomfortable if my 7 year old came to me and said he wanted a shirt with Evans name on the back. There's no way my nipper is going to be wearing a replica shirt with the name of a convicted rapist on the back. It's a tricky one.

12Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Fri Nov 14 2014, 19:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Taking all the moral arguments out of it for a second. 

Sheff Utd don't actually have to employ him if they don't want, so I don't understand why they're dragging their heels, they either do want to or they don't. In which case offer him a deal, or say you're not going too.

why all the mystery?

A tricky one. But in answer to your comment Hipster, I understand that the PFA (effectively his union) have asked Sheff Utd to allow him to train with them to gain fitness.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Fri Nov 14 2014, 20:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But he doesn't have a contract? Admittedly I am clueless but I don't see why they're bound to allow that.

Unless of course they want too, in which case fire away.

14Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Fri Nov 14 2014, 20:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But he doesn't have a contract? Admittedly I am clueless but I don't see why they're bound to allow that.

Unless of course they want too, in which case fire away.
Laughing

15Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 14:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Signed for Oldham.

First Lee Hughes, now Ched Evans. A serial killer will secure a hat-trick.

Oldham out.

16Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 16:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to Oldham for having the balls to stop following sheep and give the lad a chance, he has done his time and i wish him all the best.

17Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 16:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oldham fans will have him on the back of their shirts if he scores a few goals.

18Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 16:43

scottjames30 wrote:Fair play to Oldham for having the balls to stop following sheep and give the lad a chance, he has done his time and i wish him all the best.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/ched-evans-has-served-his-time--and-other-misconceptions-about-the-convicted-rapist-footballer-9957849.html

19Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 16:50

The more I've read around this the more certain I am that he shouldn't be allowed back at this point. His attitude towards his crime has been absolutely appalling, his lack of remorse is a disgrace. 

Fuck Ched. Fuck Oldham.

20Ched Evans Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 16:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He seems very polite, and comes across as a cracking lad, i can't see your point?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum