Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank God For The Tories

+16
gloswhite
Bollotom2014
Norpig
scottjames30
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
wanderlust
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Thank God For The Tories Empty Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) thinks the second quarter, starting in April, will see GDP exceed the level seen at the start of 2008. It also claims businesses across the UK are expanding and creating jobs.

And who do we have to thank for this? The Tories of course. If they hadn't taken the hard stance that they did with their unpopular cuts, we'd still be in recession and unemployment would be above 3 million.

Imagine if you bellends had voted Labour back in at the last election, the country would probably be bankrupt by now and 50% of this site would be unemployed.

Slag the Tories off all you like, but it's down to them that the country is heading towards a prosperous future. However, there's no doubt that some of you idiots will still vote Labour at the next election just because your Grandad did 40 years ago.

Grow a pair and think for yourself. The future is blue.

2Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:43 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure they're all agog down at the food bank.

3Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm sure they're all agog down at the food bank.

No policy will ever be perfect, and I feel for anyone hard done to by the recent cuts - especially disabled people.

But had Labour been in charge half of the population would have been using food banks. The other half would have starved.

4Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:58 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My problem with Labour is the thought of 'Ed' as PM. It sends a chill down the spine.

5Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I agree with the nutty bird on this subject.

6Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

My problem with labour is it does'nt fucking do economy every time they get in they totally fuck it up and leave it in a mess. If they were running your bussiness and ruined it you would sack them of course you would then when you got someone else in to build it up after 4 years would you give them the sack and give the incompetent fools their job back? I dont get the mentality of labour supporters at all.

7Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Tories destroyed every bastard industry we had,Coal,steel,manufacturing. They destroyed communities while they were at it,and left us where we still stand,a nation of part time workers praying for a rise in the minimum wage.Thank God For The Tories Smiley-with-bomb

8Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:34 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The BCC is a network I have considerable experience of and it's a business network of the usual suspects who pay a fee to do business lunches with their cronies and who collectively represent less than 0.05% of British business. I run single sector networks with greater membership than the local Chambers. They are an unrepresentative dining club at best.
It was no surprise then that the Government gave the job of running the LEPs (Local Enterprise Partnerships) to the Chambers of Commerce and gave them more money than they claimed to have saved by abolishing the Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) and the much-maligned Business Link offline service.
And what have they done to support British businesses with these eye-wateringly large amounts of taxpayer's money?
They've created a massive bureaucracy and to date have delivered nothing. Zilch.
But don't worry folks - our Government isn't really pissing away our taxes on supporting their cronies (which would be ironic as that's what they accused Labour of)
They're going to build "Enterprise Zones".
OK that won't be of any use to 99.9999999999% of British businesses and it won't create many jobs but hey - it will look great and all their mates will have fantastic offices surrounded by fabulous infrastructure.

Two years ago I attended the first few meetings of the LEP network as I believed this was a fantastic opportunity to support British business and get the economy moving. Eric Pickles and Vince Cable and all the big businessmen who were going to lead this "handover to the private sector" were there and they sure talked the talk. 
But what happened was that it was handed over to the BCC to administer, the Councils to throw in their resources and a random group of big businesses to show their willingness and support for this entrepreneurial ideal thought up by ...erm...consultants.
Since then, most of big business has taken a back seat (resigning their Board seats usually due to "work commitments") and the billions of taxpayers money has fallen into the hands of sycophantic grabbers. The new national chair of the national LEP is the suitably named Alex Pratt - a small businessmen and self-publicist from the Tory heartlands of Buckinghamshire.

And the previously failing Chambers of Commerce - the BCC - are now raking in millions in administration fees for the biggest white elephant in living memory and what was a dying and moreover irrelevant organisation in the modern world has had new life breathed into it. They can now carry on wasting more business person's money.

So to say that they are predicting that the Government is doing a good job is hardly a surprise. Maybe they'll be given a few million more for their kind words in the media?

I mean why waste our money on supporting businesses? or building hospitals? or improving roads and infrastructure in areas that are not in an Enterprise Zone?

Fortunately we can thank the Tories for giving it to their mates, who reciprocate by telling the world what a good job they're doing.

But neither the BCC or the Tories know f*** all about business unless "jobs for the boys" can be described as business.

9Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The usual Tory smoke and mirrors.

10Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever your political persuasion I assure you that this is a mess. A very expensive mess and moreover a missed opportunity that will only benefit a tiny proportion of the population.

11Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:13 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The number of people that have to work part-time for the reason that they can't find full-time work is higher than its ever been.
This bollocks about unemployment being down is a complete red herring.

I don't doubt Whittam Towers has been a happier household over the last five years, but the same can't be said for the millions that are worse off than they've ever been.

12Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The BCC is a network I have considerable experience of and it's a business network of the usual suspects who pay a fee to do business lunches with their cronies and who collectively represent less than 0.05% of British business. I run single sector networks with greater membership than the local Chambers. They are an unrepresentative dining club at best.
It was no surprise then that the Government gave the job of running the LEPs (Local Enterprise Partnerships) to the Chambers of Commerce and gave them more money than they claimed to have saved by abolishing the Regional Development Agencies (RDAs) and the much-maligned Business Link offline service.
And what have they done to support British businesses with these eye-wateringly large amounts of taxpayer's money?
They've created a massive bureaucracy and to date have delivered nothing. Zilch.
But don't worry folks - our Government isn't really pissing away our taxes on supporting their cronies (which would be ironic as that's what they accused Labour of)
They're going to build "Enterprise Zones".
OK that won't be of any use to 99.9999999999% of British businesses and it won't create many jobs but hey - it will look great and all their mates will have fantastic offices surrounded by fabulous infrastructure.

Two years ago I attended the first few meetings of the LEP network as I believed this was a fantastic opportunity to support British business and get the economy moving. Eric Pickles and Vince Cable and all the big businessmen who were going to lead this "handover to the private sector" were there and they sure talked the talk. 
But what happened was that it was handed over to the BCC to administer, the Councils to throw in their resources and a random group of big businesses to show their willingness and support for this entrepreneurial ideal thought up by ...erm...consultants.
Since then, most of big business has taken a back seat (resigning their Board seats usually due to "work commitments") and the billions of taxpayers money has fallen into the hands of sycophantic grabbers. The new national chair of the national LEP is the suitably named Alex Pratt - a small businessmen and self-publicist from the Tory heartlands of Buckinghamshire.

And the previously failing Chambers of Commerce - the BCC - are now raking in millions in administration fees for the biggest white elephant in living memory and what was a dying and moreover irrelevant organisation in the modern world has had new life breathed into it. They can now carry on wasting more business person's money.

So to say that they are predicting that the Government is doing a good job is hardly a surprise. Maybe they'll be given a few million more for their kind words in the media?

I mean why waste our money on supporting businesses? or building hospitals? or improving roads and infrastructure in areas that are not in an Enterprise Zone? 

Fortunately we can thank the Tories for giving it to their mates, who reciprocate by telling the world what a good job they're doing.

But neither the BCC or the Tories know f*** all about business unless "jobs for the boys" can be described as business.

Good post Wander but why is the text all out of kilter?

13Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I don't doubt Whittam Towers has been a happier household over the last five years, but the same can't be said for the millions that are worse off than they've ever been.

You fuckwit, I had to let my gardener go in these tough times.

Yes, many people are worse off including me.....but if Labour were still in power we'd all be a lot worse off.

14Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

You fuckwit, I had to let my gardener go in these tough times.

Yes, many people are worse off including me.....but if Labour were still in power we'd all be a lot worse off.
Surely you can manage a window box yourself?

15Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Surely you can manage a window box yourself?

A window box doesn't water itself.

16Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:59 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see you have just pissed on Natasha's chips there!  :biggrin:

18Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Thank God For The Tories Margaret-thatcher

19Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) thinks the second quarter, starting in April, will see GDP exceed the level seen at the start of 2008. It also claims businesses across the UK are expanding and creating jobs.

And who do we have to thank for this? The Tories of course. If they hadn't taken the hard stance that they did with their unpopular cuts, we'd still be in recession and unemployment would be above 3 million.

Imagine if you bellends had voted Labour back in at the last election, the country would probably be bankrupt by now and 50% of this site would be unemployed.

Slag the Tories off all you like, but it's down to them that the country is heading towards a prosperous future. However, there's no doubt that some of you idiots will still vote Labour at the next election just because your Grandad did 40 years ago.

Grow a pair and think for yourself. The future is blue.
UTTER BELLEND

20Thank God For The Tories Empty Re: Thank God For The Tories Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
UTTER BELLEND

Don't tell me, you're going to vote Labour just like your Dad did, and his Dad before him  Rolling Eyes 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum