Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton 0-0 Bolton

+17
Barryjw
Tigermin
wessy
scottjames30
karlypants
Keegan
observer
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Charlton 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlton 0-0 Bolton Sat Apr 19 2014, 14:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman - Could have won it

Dougie Freedman says that on another day his Bolton side could have taken all three points against Charlton Athletic.

In a game played on a difficult playing surface, Wanderers came closest to breaking the deadlock at The Valley when Matt Mills’ second half header was cleared off the line by Diego Poyet.

In the end, the Whites had to settle for a share of the spoils as they extended their unbeaten run in the league to seven games.

Speaking in his post-match media conference, the manager said: “I felt that we defended very well today and limited Charlton to very few opportunities.

“We lost Medo Kamara with a stomach bug before the game, while Andre Moritz also tweaked his hamstring in training. We were also without Mark Davies, so we had to make some late decisions.

“We continued to push forward and had one opportunity cleared off the line, but even after that I felt that we still looked the more likely side to go on and win the game.”

With the Whites coming up against a Charlton side hovering above the Championship relegation zone, Freedman praised his players for their determined attitude in what proved to be a testing game against a side fighting for their place in the league.

“We’ve come up against a side this afternoon who are scrapping and fighting for everything for their manager.”

He continued: “Overall our performance was very resilient and dogged, in particular during the second half.

“We edged the game in terms of opportunities but unlike us of late, we failed to take the goalscoring opportunities.

“We go home with a point knowing that on another day we could have taken all three.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

62Charlton 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlton 0-0 Bolton Sat Apr 19 2014, 14:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

'' unlike us of late, we failed to take the goalscoring opportunities.''

:wtf2: How does he figure that one out, we have only scored more than one goal in our last 6 matches.

63Charlton 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlton 0-0 Bolton Sat Apr 19 2014, 14:54

It's delusional to think this team is good enough to hammer every side in this league, yet that's what too many fans expect and then moan about when we don't, it's nothing to do with 'higher standards' it's about being realistic. Tell me what was negative about the line up? He's been guilty of negativity plenty of times pre January but I don't think he has (unnecessarily) since, hopefully that means he's learnt something.

Again I completely agree about the youngsters, as I've been saying for weeks he should be experimenting more. I think the limit of his experimentation is to play Trotter which is indicative of the fact he wants to finish as high as possible to take some pressure off. I'd much rather see the likes of Robinson and White starting, but the benefit of giving them experience (even if it is on the bench) is obvious. Get them in and around the first team so they can see what it takes to step up, regardless of what you seem to think it is actually a big jump to go from reserves to first team in every way you can think.

I've seen worse football at Bolton, no doubt about that but it's all about results for me and always has been. IF we're in the hunt for promotion next season the fans won't give a shit about the football, it's about winning games and always has been. He has the first 10/15 games of next season to show we have progressed, after that there won't be anywhere to hide.

64Charlton 0-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlton 0-0 Bolton Sat Apr 19 2014, 15:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charlton used to be in the premier league as well.

when they first went down i bet their fans though they "should be beating teams like...."

same for Ipswich, Reading, Forest, QPR, Derby, Boro, Blackburn, Watford, Wednesday, Leeds, Birmingham, Blackpool and Barnsley and even the top 2 Leicester and Burnley. 

Lets face it the championship is a bloody hard league to get out of and there are very few teams you can just roll over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum