Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-3 Charlton

+3
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Whitesince63
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Bolton 3-3 Charlton Fri Feb 16 2024, 18:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should muller them in theory, but this is another banana skin of a game, especially with May and Ladapo up front.
If we get an early lead we’ll be fine but we’ve got to start games better than we have recently.
With Dion added to the injury list it will be interesting to see what team we put out.

2Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Fri Feb 16 2024, 18:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure what to think about this game. We are still not out of the woods with the way we are currently playing even though we are winning.

It could actually be a good thing that Evatt's hand has been forced into making at least one change up front with Charles out for 2-3 weeks.

Even though Charlton are lingering round the relegation zone, I can see them being a handful against the Whites with trying their utmost to gain 3 points to help steer them further away from the drop zone.

I'ts going to be a tough game and I feel we will come away with a hard earned point.

My prediction Bolton 2-2 Charlton.

3Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Fri Feb 16 2024, 19:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Every game is going to be difficult now right to the end of the season and this will be no different but listening to Addicks fans neither May or Ladapo are doing much and 3 points from the last 27 doesn’t show that the others are doing much either. They have a new manager and I’d have thought over time he’ll get them sorted but this is a game we can’t afford to lose so hopefully it won’t start tomorrow. I’m actually hoping Rico will be back which would make a huge difference to our playing out from the back, though Evatt may keep him until Tuesday to make sure? There’s no doubt Charlton have the players to turn things round quickly but hopefully that won’t be this weekend. Wanderers to win 2-0.

4Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 14:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 14:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

6Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 15:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1-2 down at half-time.

BOLLOCKS!!!!

7Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 17:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 18:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anybody still think this team will win the division?

Second place is still on, but playoffs are more likely.

Same match report as the recent games - poor in the first half and better in the second. Just too inconsistent and a manager who doesn't know what his best team is.

9Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 21:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Highlights -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sat Feb 17 2024, 22:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After looking at the highlights, I can't help but see from the 1st and 2nd goals, where the fuck are the defence? 3rd goal perhaps shouldn't have been with play stopped.

Nice to see Bod scoring with his back heel the same as the last game though.

The thing is though, we should be winning these games!!! ::mad::

11Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sun Feb 18 2024, 16:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Absolute shambles of a game.

It's to be hoped we can get our injured players back as soon as  possible.

I think we have the players to take the second place, despite their lack of backbone, but Evatt worries me.  I fear he has reached his ceiling, and he is just banging his thick head against it now!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Sun Feb 18 2024, 19:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Evatt worries me.  I fear he has reached his ceiling, and he is just banging his thick head against it now!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I do feel the same way unfortunately.

13Bolton 3-3 Charlton Empty Re: Bolton 3-3 Charlton Mon Feb 19 2024, 09:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Anybody still think this team will win the division?

Second place is still on, but playoffs are more likely.

Same match report as the recent games - poor in the first half and better in the second. Just too inconsistent and a manager who doesn't know what his best team is.
I never have thought we’d win it, but we are contenders. A while back I thought the crunch would come in the string of away fixtures against the top sides plus Pompey at home, but had thought we’d have 6 or so more points on the board coming into this period. Losing to Orient and scraping draws against strugglers this last month has not only cost us points but has dented my confidence for the tougher games ahead.
The injured and suspended will return but what is really needed is a return to the quality of movement, control and passing we had a few months ago - it just seems to have evaporated apart from a few brief spells in each game.
Heart says we’ll scrape the automatics, head says we’ll be in the playoff lottery unless we find our form.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum