Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Leicester

+24
Angry Dad
doffcocker
Tigermin
Norpig
bryan458
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
terenceanne
Jack Russell
Bolton Nuts
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
White84
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 08:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:3 donkey centre backs,two full backs(one of whom was really another centre back),two holding midfielders(one of whom was The Wobbler)who doesn't really count as anything cos he does bvgger all, one up top and two useless wingers. 
What I don't get HP is that you clearly don't rate the players we have (beautifully described above - and I'd add two relatively impotent strikers in Beckford and Juke to that list) but when they don't do the business you blame the manager. 
As the manager can only pick the players he has available, presumably you know of a different selection and different line up that would have hammered Leicester?

What would you have done? I'd be interested to see the team and formation you think would have been better.

62Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 08:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Last nights tactics were madness.I'm heartily sick to death of the bloke and when he stands on the sidelines gesticulating I feel a real urge to run over and throttle the ba5tard. What was that all about,3 donkey centre backs,two full backs(one of whom was really another centre back),two holding midfielders(one of whom was The Wobbler)who doesn't really count as anything cos he does bvgger all, one up top and two useless wingers. The massive void in midfield meant that Leicester had the ball and picked us apart the whole first half. Having two supposedly attacking full backs is not going to be much use if you can't get the ball.
Unfortunately the results haven't been bad enough to warrant sacking him but I won't be renewing my season ticket to watch Duggie's defensive master classes next season.

I agree with everything above, and you will not be alone in not renewing your seaon ticket for next season, i suspect there will be a big dip in sales, but do the club care?

63Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 10:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Macron stadium!!!  ::bellend:: 

64Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
What would you have done? I'd be interested to see the team and formation you think would have been better.

You have to give yourself a chance of winning every game - Dougie doesn't.

Sometimes the best form of defence is to attack, especially at home when there's nothing to play for.

I'm sorry, but if the manager is scared to lose a home game when there is nothing at stake what's he going to be like if we ever have an important game again?

65Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 15:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You have to give yourself a chance of winning every game - Dougie doesn't.

Sometimes the best form of defence is to attack, especially at home when there's nothing to play for.

I'm sorry, but if the manager is scared to lose a home game when there is nothing at stake what's he going to be like if we ever have an important game again?
Avoiding the question is the first smart thing you've done for ages m'dear.
Although I would point out that the last time we adopted attack as a defence policy against Leicester we conceded FIVE.

66Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Although I would point out that the last time we adopted attack as a defence policy against Leicester we conceded FIVE.

No, it was 3-3 at half-time and with better finishing we'd have been in front.

But then Dougie bottled it, went defensive, and we didn't get another kick.

67Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that game was months ago and was a freak result for both sides. We should have gone with a 442 with White actually at right back not some made up wingback role. The formation we started with basically invited them to attack at will.

I would have also started with Beckford and Juke together with the wingers the same. We had little choice than to play Trotter and Spearing because of injuries.

To me it did send out the wrong message, it was a meaningless game for us so to set out just to frustrate them and not offer anything going forward didn't make sense to me.

68Bolton 0-1 Leicester  - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Leicester Thu Apr 24 2014, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

No, it was 3-3 at half-time and with better finishing we'd have been in front.

But then Dougie bottled it, went defensive, and we didn't get another kick.
So your team for Leicester the other day would have been what?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum