Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I hope Dougie's not watching.....

+2
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 15:40

....Chelsea's resolute application of the "Flat Back Nine" at Anfield today.

Yeah, it works but it's only slightly less fun to watch than "Paddy McGuiness' Top 100 Gags" on a continuous loop......

2I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:03

Doubt Chelsea fans care right now, back in the title race and in with a good chance of the Champions League final. Interesting how taking off Schurrle for Cahill is part of a 'Mourinho masterclass' but if Dougie puts a defender on to defend a lead then he's panned for not having a clue.

Not pretty, but it's a results business.

3I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he is. 

Thats called a tactical masterclass. 

It also takes talent though, which might be a sticking point.

4I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Doubt Chelsea fans care right now, back in the title race and in with a good chance of the Champions League final. Interesting how taking off Schurrle for Cahill is part of a 'Mourinho masterclass' but if Dougie puts a defender on to defend a lead then he's panned for not having a clue.

Chelsea were playing Liverpool who have Sturridge, Suarez & Sterling in attack - Bolton were playing shite teams with no decent players.

5I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Dougie's not watching..... BmPKJbLIAAAlYAN

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

::bwfcfan::  ::bwfcfan::  ::bwfcfan::  ::bwfcfan::

6I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:09

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I hope he is. 

Thats called a tactical masterclass. 

It also takes talent though, which might be a sticking point.

You can dress it up with whatever fancy name you want, it doesn't alter the fact that it's boring as fuck to sit through.

7I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly I was gripped to that match just then.

but like i said it was packed with talented, passionate players. So I take your point.

8I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 16:15

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Doubt Chelsea fans care right now, back in the title race and in with a good chance of the Champions League final. Interesting how taking off Schurrle for Cahill is part of a 'Mourinho masterclass' but if Dougie puts a defender on to defend a lead then he's panned for not having a clue.

Chelsea were playing Liverpool who have Sturridge, Suarez & Sterling in attack - Bolton were playing shite teams with no decent players.

So? It's well established by you that all our players are utter shite, Chelsea played a team with players that can hurt them, as we do. Different class of player, exact same principle.

9I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Great tactics from Jose - but poor from Liverpool, all they really had to do was get a point but they really have fucked it up now.

City 2 up at Palace, they are back in the driving seat.

10I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love him or hate him but you can't deny that Mourinho is a master tactician. Not pretty to watch but it's results that count. Mourinho seems to have the knack of setting his teams up not to lose. It's almost an art form.

I think the Premier League this season has been one of the most exciting for many a year. It looks like it could go right down to the last set of games.

11I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:10

Reebok Trotter wrote:Love him or hate him but you can't deny that Mourinho is a master tactician. Not pretty to watch but it's results that count. Mourinho seems to have the knack of setting his teams up not to lose. It's almost an art form.

I think the Premier League this season has been one of the most exciting for many a year. It looks like it could go right down to the last set of games.  

And therein lies the problem for me.

Liverpool have been a breath of fresh air this season with their open, attacking football, but then along comes Jose with his boring, negative shite and stamps all over it.

And he gets praised as a tactical genius.

It's like watching paint dry and I'm sick of it.

12I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The people praising Jose are the same people who panned Benitez for being dull. This sort of stuff is killing football,and if I want a tactical masterclass I'll watch the NFL. Chorley are looking more tempting by the minute.

13I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Chorley are looking more tempting by the minute.

I have 6 people already making the switch - I may be able to put a minibus together to pick you up every week.

14I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Sun Apr 27 2014, 17:33

boltonbonce wrote:The people praising Jose are the same people who panned Benitez for being dull. This sort of stuff is killing football,and if I want a tactical masterclass I'll watch the NFL. Chorley are looking more tempting by the minute.

This ^  :agree: 

Is there room for another on that minibus, Nat?

15I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can't stand Mourinho, but Rodgers said "it's not difficult to coach to just get 10 players right on your 18-yard box".

If it were that easy to win 2-0 at Anfield, everybody would be doing it. Really great sides find a way through no matter how well the bus is parked.

16I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rodgers has come across as a ponce this morning with his sour grapes comments.

17I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I can't stand Mourinho, but Rodgers said "it's not difficult to coach to just get 10 players right on your 18-yard box".

If it were that easy to win 2-0 at Anfield, everybody would be doing it.

Exactly. Dougie's being trying the same tactic all season and how many times have we won 2-0?

18I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Liverpool haven't had an elegant manager in my lifetime.

19I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:46

doffcocker wrote:Liverpool haven't had an elegant manager in my lifetime.

I thought he looked quite smart in his club tie this morning.

20I hope Dougie's not watching..... Empty Re: I hope Dougie's not watching..... Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BSA used a similar tactic with West Ham at The Bridge earlier in the season and was accused by Jose of playing 'Victorian football'. Mourinho does the same and is hailed as a tactical genius. What bollocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum