Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subway adopts Sharia Law...

+8
bwfc71
doffcocker
rammywhite
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm

boltonbonce wrote:A girl I know applied for a job in a Subway located in our local hospital. It was basically making butties. The job description was 'Sandwich Artist'. :facepalm:

Did anybody else see Secret Eaters on C4 last night (or is it just me that feels the need to watch it to get tips)?

They did a bit inside some poncey inter-web service type company in Manchester and they were all sat round on bean bags instead of chairs and they had a space invaders in the "communal re-charge area".

They were trying so hard to be Microsoft or Apple circa 1990, it was embarrassing to watch.

"Come and work with us, it's more like being down the pub with your mates than working!"

And the blokes all had stupid hair and them daft, three foot long pointy shoes that they all wear nowadays with their Matalan suits.

Twats!

22Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:Been in a couple of times, shite. Now I have a real excuse to not bother. It's the same with some pizza takeaways, try and get a Hawaian Pizza with real ham. It's turkey ham they use so as not to soil their hands when touching pork!!
I defy anybody to have two rashers of bacon with some HP between two slices of toast and not enjoy!!!

TWO rashers? TWO? You tight git

23Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Been in a couple of times, shite. Now I have a real excuse to not bother. It's the same with some pizza takeaways, try and get a Hawaian Pizza with real ham. It's turkey ham they use so as not to soil their hands when touching pork!!
I defy anybody to have two rashers of bacon with some HP between two slices of toast and not enjoy!!!

TWO rashers? TWO? You tight git

Must be careful, don't want to become anorexic!

24Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Breadman wrote:He said:

"I can understand now why people go around killing!"

You deaf....?

Who's he wanting to kill though? Subway for changing the ham? Muslims for making them? Or is it just a random killing spree out of sheer rage at this change?

I wanted clarification, not ridicule. How dare you.

25Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 2:41 pm

bwfc1874 wrote:
Breadman wrote:He said:

"I can understand now why people go around killing!"

You deaf....?

Who's he wanting to kill though? Subway for changing the ham? Muslims for making them? Or is it just a random killing spree out of sheer rage at this change?

I wanted clarification, not ridicule. How dare you.

Sorry, beg your pardon.....?

26Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Let the man answer.

27Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 3:11 pm

He can't.

He's currently running down Bradshawgate, wielding a machete and screaming obscenities in his underpants.

28Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All the Bolton Subways have been Halal for a long time, as far as I know.

I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

I don't go to Subway as much as I used to. I just want to slap 90% of the workers (or sandwich artists if you prefer), especially at the salad counter where the best you usually get is a sprinkle of lettuce, two piddly slices of tomato/cucumber, a slice of green pepper and half a black olive.

29Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 pm

doffcocker wrote:I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

How does that work?

Are you a staunch advocate of slaughtering pigs humanely, but chickens can just go and get stamped on or beaten to death with a cricket bat?

That seems a bit chickenist to me.....

30Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 5:10 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I've no problem with halal chicken. It's just the same animal, only killed differently. With bacon, ham and salami though, it's a different story.

How does that work?

Are you a staunch advocate of slaughtering pigs humanely, but chickens can just go and get stamped on or beaten to death with a cricket bat?

That seems a bit chickenist to me.....

My understanding is that pig meat isn't used at all in Halal establishments, meaning if you order something that's normally pig meat based like ham, salami or bacon, you'll get something inferior instead.
They use turkey rashers instead of bacon, the ham is from a turkey, I don't know what they use for salami, but it's definitely different.

31Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 5:14 pm

So you don't hate chickens then.....?

That's a good thing.

32Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oi, Breadmaker!

Read and appreciate my puns! Took me ages to think of them!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 5:47 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Halal meat = prayer for the animal then stunned and then slaughtered

Kosher meat = prayer for the animal and then slaughtered - no stunning the animal whatsoever!!!

And yet it is Halal that gets the bad press - go figure!!!

34Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As for Subway te 185 stores is less than 10% of the number of stores they have in the UK

Also they are only doing what other businesses do and cater for the community the stores are actually in -e.g. Asda at Burden Park sell more Halal meat and less non-Halal meat whereas Asda at Farnworth or Radcliffe or Astley Bridge or even Middlebrook it is the other way round!!!

35Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes, Biggie......they're brilliant.

The absolute bestist, punnyest puns I've ever read.

Please don't kill my family.
 Shocked

36Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Thu May 01, 2014 11:12 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:Halal meat = prayer for the animal then stunned and then slaughtered

Kosher meat = prayer for the animal and then slaughtered - no stunning the animal whatsoever!!!

And yet it is Halal that gets the bad press - go figure!!!

Why do you think Halal means that the animal is stunned before being killed? You are wrong. There is no requirement that the animal is stunned or killed humanely. Halal means "Specifically, the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must precede the slaughter by invoking the name of Allah, most commonly by saying "Bismillah" ("In the name of God") and then three times "Allahu akbar" (God is the greatest). Then, the animal must be slaughtered with a sharp knife by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck (while the animal is conscious), causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord. Lastly, the blood from the veins must be drained." to quote Wiki.

So apparently no different from kosher then apart from the prayers.

37Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe this kind of thing goes on in this day and age quite frankly.

38Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I can't believe this kind of thing goes on in this day and age quite frankly.

I agree. It's a disgusting, inhumane, barbaric act inflicted on an innocent animal all because someone wrote how it should be done hundreds of years ago.

Halal and Kosher practices have no place in a modern society and both should be outlawed and abolished in the name of human compassion to our fellow creatures.

39Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Fri May 02, 2014 11:28 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also agree. I have no problem with human sacrifice, but killing animals in this way should be illegal.

This is why Christianity is the only proper religion. And sometimes Buddhism.

40Subway adopts Sharia Law... - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway adopts Sharia Law... Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I can't believe this kind of thing goes on in this day and age quite frankly.

I agree. It's a disgusting, inhumane, barbaric act inflicted on an innocent animal all because someone wrote how it should be done hundreds of years ago.

Halal and Kosher practices have no place in a modern society and both should be outlawed and abolished in the name of human compassion to our fellow creatures.

completely agree. 

Sad to see those in power lining up to defend such nonsense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum