Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins

+2
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Big Sam's fondness for "the Devil you know" is doing the business today! Vaz Te is looking more and more like a forward now, and Big Sam has to get some credit for persevering with him. 2 goals in the first 8 minutes of the game is great stuff by almost any standards.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sat Apr 14 2012, 15:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The wonders of a good manager and bags of cash to spend.

3West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The wonders of a good manager and bags of cash to spend.

Big Sam only paid £500,000 for Vaz Te. A snip in the current football market.

4West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The wonders of a good manager and bags of cash to spend.

Big Sam only paid £500,000 for Vaz Te. A snip in the current football market.

Yeah but Vaz Te was only on a one-year deal at Barnsley and had made it clear he was off at the end of the season. They're not in a position to turn down £500,000.

5West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed, but Big Sam still got a bargain. He said he had known Vaz Te since he was a teenager at Bolton and he has now come of age.

We didn't see enough of him at Bolton but he didn't set the world on fire when he played for us.

6West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With the money Sam has spunked away, and Scott Parker aside, keeping most of their PL squad together, it will be a disaster for West Ham if they don't go up. I still can't believe they paid £2.2m for Matt Taylor, he was one of our top earners, and he won't have taken a pay cut. Madness.

7West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Coyle had been blessed with a crystal ball I doubt very much that Taylor would have been sold.

8West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If they fail to go up in the top 2 I don't fancy them to win the play offs for some reason.

9West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RT - I agree, he wouldn't have sold Taylor if he had known CYL was going to be out for the season.

Aaron - they'd be strong favourites in the play-offs and Sam has been there before. I'd back them to do it, personally.

10West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The only reason I don't fancy them is the home form this season hasn't been great, though if it was all square going away from home then I would back them with the system they play.

11West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 01:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Ham seem to be finding their form at the right time. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pip Southampton for the second automatic promotion spot.

The play offs in the Championship are hard to call. Birmingham and Blackpool are likely to be in the mix. Both Holloway and Houghton are no mugs.

12West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 10:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If West Ham get promoted Sam will be a hero. If they don't he will be a villain and out of a job.

Assuming we stay in the Prem (a big assumption) I would like to see West Ham promoted because they have always been very generous to us and I think they will struggle with their existing squad. It will also be interesting to see who Sam buys and how Vaz Te gets on in the Prem. Personally I think he could do better than most people expect.

13West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Empty Re: West Ham 3-0 up after 17 mins Sun Apr 15 2012, 14:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well west ham can afford to pay Kevin Nolan a reported 42k a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum