Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John McGinlay - Landlord

+3
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John McGinlay - Landlord Empty John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 21:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John McGinlay is now running a pub in Horwich! A true Bolton legend.

John McGinlay - Landlord Johnmc10

John McGinlay - Landlord Oldbay10

2John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope he does well. He used to run Benjamin Topps.

3John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 22:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Hope he does well. He used to run Benjamin Topps.
I was just going to say he had a pub before somewhere. Smile

4John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 22:36

Was that the one towards St Georges road? When Mcginlay had it, it was called Mcginlays wasn't it?

5John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

OneFinFreedman wrote:

Was that the one towards St Georges road? When Mcginlay had it, it was called Mcginlays wasn't it?

Correct - (then Absolutely Fabulous).

John McGinlay - Landlord BEN+TOPPS+GOOGLE+STREETVIEW

6John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 22:47

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

super john is now running my local the original bay horse in horwich, also known as the long pull,fat franks and the fleapit. pull us a boddies super john!

7John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Sat Jun 21 2014, 22:57

I'm sure I've already used this claim to fame on here, but I played centre half for McGinlay's football team in the Horwich Sunday League during the 94-95 season.

We initially wore the actual Wanderers first team away kit (red & blue striped one) but then we got our own green and white hooped kit in honour of Mr McG's life-long first love - Glasgow Celtic.

We were proper shit and lost most of our games, but I will never forget the day he rang me up at my parent's house and said "Hi, it's John McGinlay and I see you've signed up to play football for the pub team. Can you come down for a trial, if it's not too much trouble?"

And he personally picked me for the first (and only) team after the trial and patted me on the back, saying "Well played, big man.....you're good in the air and you've got two good feet."

Two good feet!

I've always known I was quite good at walking and stuff without falling over, but when he said it, it made me feel even more competent in that department.

I've never tripped up ever since.

Happy days....

8John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Mon Jun 23 2014, 21:29

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it proper ale in there or is it a lager bucket?

9John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Mon Jun 23 2014, 23:53

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

plenty of real ale and the odd bucket or two of lager

10John McGinlay - Landlord Empty Re: John McGinlay - Landlord Tue Jun 24 2014, 00:12

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That's cool Breadman... Wonder if he is having another pub team?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum