Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi's future

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jussi's future Empty Jussi's future Sun Apr 15 2012, 11:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The last sentance is the most interesting one if true?

WEST BROM and West Ham are on red alert over the future of Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

The Finn, who will be 37 on Thursday, is a free agent this summer.

And if Owen Coyle’s Trotters are relegated, Jaaskelainen is likely to reject the new two-year contract he has been offered – believed to be on half his reported £40,000-a-week wages – to extend a 15-year Reebok career.

That would put the likes of Baggies boss Roy Hodgson and Hammers rival Sam Allardyce, who Jaaskelainen played under at Bolton, in pole position to snap him up for nothing.

But Allardyce’s interest could hinge on whether West Ham win promotion to the Premier League.

If they don’t, Big Sam would face losing England keeper Robert Green, 32. Whatever happens, Allardyce would have to tempt Jaaskelainen with a better deal than the one that is currently on the table at The Reebok.

A friend of Jaaskelainen, who has been also linked with QPR, said: “If Robert Green goes, there’s the obvious connection with Sam and Jussi is also on West Brom’s list.

“If Bolton don’t go down, Jussi will probably sign the new deal but if they are relegated then he’ll probably leave.’’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jussi's future Empty Re: Jussi's future Sun Apr 15 2012, 11:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Must be hard for Jussi. From no. 1 to no.2 virtually overnight, with his prospects limited to a Bogdan injury, or a low-level cup tie. He's much better than that, and for his sake, I think he should become a first choice goalie, and I think the Championship would again see him performing at this best.

3Jussi's future Empty Re: Jussi's future Sun Apr 15 2012, 11:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he goes to a championship club I hope it's a team that does well, I would feel for the lad if he did a David James and was in a team that's getting battered every week and fighting relegation to league one.

4Jussi's future Empty Re: Jussi's future Sun Apr 15 2012, 12:21

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

If Sam thinks Jussi is overall better than Robert Green then he may end up at WH anyway.
£20,001 is affordable by Sams lot.

5Jussi's future Empty Re: Jussi's future Sun Apr 15 2012, 12:58

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Been great for us, but time to go

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum