Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest.

+20
rammywhite
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
Numpty 28723
karlypants
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

141Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 21:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tigermin wrote:Ok pal we agree to differ if only slightly but to be honest I hadnt thought Spearing had lost his head as you put it but he could have been sent off for the penalty foul. Looking forward to seeing the replay on FLS but maybe not till tomorrow , then we can reconvene ! cheers
all the best mate. Have a good one.

142Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 21:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mavies might make a difference in that situation when his poorly toe gets better. 

There's always that barsteward hope.

143Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 21:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Mavies might make a difference in that situation when his poorly toe gets better. 

There's always that barsteward hope.
I agree with you lusty EXCEPT for the fact I don't think DF will LET him make the difference the way he should even if Mavies makes a complete recovery and comes back in sparkling form. However, as you said that well known merchant banker called hope does have a way of rearing its head even when there's no logical basis for it. Smile

144Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 21:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We have had high hopes for Mavies since he first arrived but IMO he is too inconsistent and injury prone to be that player we all hoped for.

145Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 23:25

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Stop shitting yourselves, we will be atop the league in about 4 weeks from now. Then I will accept your apologies.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

146Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was a right bloody queue outside the West Stand lower before kick off because a ticket scanner had broke.

As for the game.... Why bring on Trotter and Pratley when Feeney would have been the best attacking option?

Spearing made a poor tackle to concede the penalty but at least he shows commitment. Bringing Beckford on with just a few minutes to go was a fools errand.

Ream was MoM for me. A good performance at fullback.

147Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was annoyed when i saw the team, i expected Feeney to start but we started well and should have been in front at half time if Spearing hadn't dived in very stupidly.
The problem for me was the second half, Forest were on top for the whole half and yet again Dougie is happy to sit back and defend and he seemed to settle for a point very early. This is fine if your playing away from home but surely we have to look to win our home games?
And as for bringing on Pratley and Trotter  :facepalm:

148Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 11:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney should start every game IMO, but i suppose the excursions in the cup may have come into his thinking, wouldn't have stopped me having him on for at least 35 minutes whatever his level of fitness, he's about the only player willing to be positive.

149Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 11:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:When did Nixon last get something right?

When he said Masons loan was a full season one while the local press suggested it was until January.

150Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

When he said Masons loan was a full season one while the local press suggested it was until January.

I meant a signing exclusive.

151Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 11:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Serious question, have Pratley or Trotter ever had a good game for BWFC?

The answer in a resounding 'no'. Yet we have a manager who continues to use both players.

152Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Season is only one week old but we have seen an away loss, a home draw and out played at home by Bury.  The same exact nonsense as last year by Doogie and his tactics and Bull. Can somebody tell me how this is better than last season?
The same pattern seems to be set already reflected in our 20th position in the league. Tuesday is already a must win IMO.  Just for player and fan confidence going forward. Not to mention my best pal is a Boro fan....I will never hear the end of it if we lose that one.

153Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good result for Dougie.
Obviously if we had lost he would have been the strange fruit hanging from Nat Lofthouse's statue by this morning, so the best he could have hoped for was a performance and result that put doubt in the doubters - and to some extent he achieved that although a win would obviously have been more effective. For most we did "better than expected" yesterday.
Post match analysis and comments on here consist predominantly of posters using what happened to justify their earlier positions albeit slightly more measured and with the occasional caveat being thrown in. But nothing has really changed except that one or two more are starting to think that a stay in execution might be an option providing performances and results continue to improve.

The midfield selection and the system still seem to preoccupy most people when it seems to me that the real issues are at the front and the back (obviously midfield links supports both) 
As long as our defence continues to give away soft goals (Mills and Spearing yesterday, everyone against Watford) improvement is unlikely, although Mason gives some hope at the other end.

For Dougie it's worked out OK as he seems to have bought himself a short stay of execution - but he has a helluva lot of work to do to extend it much further.

Another instinctive striker that can finish would be a start, but stopping the concession of soft goals is essential.

154Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

sorry lusty but I disagree. I think if anything he actually underlined why his time should be up already all the more. The second half subs were lunacy and so was the stupid but entirely predictable decision to spend nearly half an hour parking the bus and hanging on for a point. Forest were there for the taking with a below strength defence. Dougie tossed away a golden opportunity to get three points AND some kudos from us with his usual tricks. 

Before the match and before I saw the team sheets I'd have settled for a point but given the reality of the game itself I think it really was a case of two points dropped by an over cautious and negatively minded manager too afraid of losing to go for a win. Away that might be alright, at home it's completely unacceptable.

155Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Good result for Dougie.
Obviously if we had lost he would have been the strange fruit hanging from Nat Lofthouse's statue by this morning, so the best he could have hoped for was a performance and result that put doubt in the doubters - and to some extent he achieved that although a win would obviously have been more effective. For most we did "better than expected" yesterday.
Post match analysis and comments on here consist predominantly of posters using what happened to justify their earlier positions albeit slightly more measured and with the occasional caveat being thrown in. But nothing has really changed except that one or two more are starting to think that a stay in execution might be an option providing performances and results continue to improve.

The midfield selection and the system still seem to preoccupy most people when it seems to me that the real issues are at the front and the back (obviously midfield links supports both) 
As long as our defence continues to give away soft goals (Mills and Spearing yesterday, everyone against Watford) improvement is unlikely, although Mason gives some hope at the other end.

For Dougie it's worked out OK as he seems to have bought himself a short stay of execution - but he has a helluva lot of work to do to extend it much further.

Another instinctive striker that can finish would be a start, but stopping the concession of soft goals is essential.

Let me guess, you were out with the missus yesterday afternoon?

156Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:sorry lusty but I disagree. I think if anything he actually underlined why his time should be up already all the more. The second half subs were lunacy and so was the stupid but entirely predictable decision to spend nearly half an hour parking the bus and hanging on for a point. Forest were there for the taking with a below strength defence. Dougie tossed away a golden opportunity to get three points AND some kudos from us with his usual tricks. 

Before the match and before I saw the team sheets I'd have settled for a point but given the reality of the game itself I think it really was a case of two points dropped by an over cautious and negatively minded manager too afraid of losing to go for a win. Away that might be alright, at home it's completely unacceptable.
As i said, people are using what happened to justify their earlier positions.

157Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Good result for Dougie.

Let me guess, you were out with the missus yesterday afternoon?
So you think that opinion about Dougie in general (as opposed to your view) is worse than it was than prior to the game?

Or don't you understand what I'm writing?

158Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

How is slagging off his substitutions justifying my position? Even the happy clappers have acknowledged they were poor. I'm sure you thought they were ace though.

159Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

How is slagging off his substitutions justifying my position? Even the happy clappers have acknowledged they were poor. I'm sure you thought they were ace though.
Don't take my response to Peter's point personally.

Did you slag off the substitutions too?

160Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sun Aug 17 2014, 13:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh come on lusty. You and I heard the same commentary. Are you seriously saying you thought bringing Prat and Fat on and parking the bus with half an hour to go was the right decision? Or that leaving Spearing out there wasn't a foolish risk given what he'd already done and was continuing to do? Seriously, if DF had taken the opportunity the circumstances presented and gone for the win I'd have been the first to congratulate him whether it worked or not but he didn't. He reverted to his all too familiar methods and we passed up a chance we might not get often against teams like Forest. I don't think he showed us anything to suggest he's capable of change. Had he done so I'd be the first to give him that 'stay of execution' because I actually want him to prove me wrong and succeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum