Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brighton 2-1 Bolton.

+21
observer
bryan458
Sluffy
BL3White
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
JAH
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:09

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You've just described the fans of pretty much every football club in the country WL.

42Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well to be fair not quite Jah. Think of clubs like Pompey. Brilliant fans. Sadly though modern football has become obsessed with instant success or you can fuck off mentality.

43Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:19

Yeah, Pompey fans are great.

You'd never see any of them protesting or having a whinge because they're not happy with what's going on at their club......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well to be fair not quite Jah. Think of clubs like Pompey.

I'm thinking of Pompey. And all that comes to mind is demonstration after demonstration, many ending in scuffles with the cops.

45Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:26

Only last week Pompey fans raised £250,000 for new academy pitches, half the fans on here would rather protest that we didn't need academy pitches than put a couple of quid towards it.

46Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Only last week Pompey fans raised £250,000 for new academy pitches, half the fans on here would rather protest that we didn't need academy pitches than put a couple of quid towards it.

Completely different. They've hit rock bottom and are slowly on their way up.

We are on our way down, probably a long way from rock bottom.

Rewind a few years and Pompey fans were every bit as angry as us.

47Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:51

bwfc1874 wrote:Only last week Pompey fans raised £250,000 for new academy pitches, half the fans on here would rather protest that we didn't need academy pitches than put a couple of quid towards it.

Utter fucking shite!

Are you old enough to remember the early eighties when we came within about three weeks of going bust?

The BWFC Gold-Line used to be called the "Life-Line" and with good reason.

Fans of Bolton Wanderers, me included, saved the club from folding by digging deep and handing over their cash.

And a great many of us still do, thirty years on....

If you've got a problem with fans not supporting Freedman, fair enough, but fuck off with the "half of the current crop of Bolton fans would rather protest than contribute" shite.

48Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 09:57

Calm down before you give yourself a heart attack, it was clearly a poke at the sometimes ridiculous views of posters on here. (sorry to LPP that part but you clearly need it highlighting)

I know full well about the 80s even though I wasn't born, my family put their hands in their pockets too.

I'd suggest you read posts more carefully Breadman, as you told me yesterday - it's not hard,

49Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 10:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think people need to separate fervent protest at the running of football clubs and the way fans back the team on the pitch. 

I mentioned Leeds and people had a similar meltdown. No set of fans is beyond booing obviously thats not what I'm suggesting but I'm talking about packed houses and incredible atmospheres in whatever league they happen to be in. 

I remember that game in the premier league when Pompey were like 6-0 down to Arsenal and they were making more noise than they were at nil nil. The reebok would have been empty and players abused. And yes I've been to the Reebok many many many times before anyone starts that shit.

50Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 10:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: 

I remember that game in the premier league when Pompey were like 6-0 down to Arsenal and they were making more noise than they were at nil nil. The reebok would have been empty and players abused. And yes I've been to the Reebok many many many times before anyone starts that shit.

So you're basing your opinions of other supporters on what you've seen and heard on TV?

:facepalm: 

51Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 10:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And you're basing your "protest after protest" comment on.... 

oh yeah what you've seen reported in the media. 

/plank.

52Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 11:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team news: Who’s fit for Brighton trip?

Dougie Freedman has confirmed that Kevin McNaughton will miss out on Wanderers’ trip to face Brighton & Hove Albion.

The full-back hobbled off late on in the midweek game against Middlesbrough at Macron Stadium.

“Kevin has a slight hamstring strain,” the manager said. “He’s simply not worth risking at this stage of the season.”

However, Dean Moxey is once again back in contention after successfully recovering from a foot injury sustained on the opening day at Watford.

Mark Davies is expected to miss out with a toe problem whilst Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi are the only other absentees.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

53Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 11:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Brighton v Bolton Wanderers

SETTINGTHE SCENE

Wanderers head into Saturday's clash with Brighton & Hove Albion aiming to secure their first league win of the season.

Despite meetings between these two sides being few and far between, historically this fixture has been a testing one for the Whites with Bolton only ever winning once away at Brighton, back in 1977.

However, Dougie Freedman’s side have lost just once on the road since early February, and with the Seagulls searching for their first three points at home under new manager Sami Hyypia, Wanderers will be hoping to pick up maximum points on the south-coast.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Brighton wins
Draws
Bolton wins
League
FA Cup
League Cup
Total

TEAM NEWS

Kevin McNaughton has been ruled out of Saturday’s match against Brighton after coming off against Middlesbrough with a minor hamstring injury, but Dean Moxey is fit to return after missing Wanderers’ last three matches with a foot injury, while Mark Davies looks set to miss out again.

Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi are the only other absentees as the Whites.

LAST TIME OUT

19/8/2014: Leeds United 0-2 Brighton & Hove Albion (Teixeira, 5, Lua Lua, 84)

Joax Teixeria scored one and set up another on his full Brighton debut, as the Seagulls beat Leeds United at Elland Road to hand manager Sami Hyypia his first league win.

The Liverpool loanee took just five minutes to open the scoring, slotting home for an acute angle after running onto a Bruno through-ball, before winning a late free-kick, allowing substitute Kazenga Lua Lua to power home the set-piece.

Brighton: Stockdale, Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Chicksen, Bruno, Agustien (Lua Lua, 59), Forster-Caskey, Holla (Ince 75), Teixeira (Hughes 90), Mackail-Smith.

ONE TO WATCH

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Liverpool starlet Joao Teixeira joined Brighton and Hove Albion on loan earlier this month, and wasted no time in making himself known to home supporters, scoring within five minutes of his full Seagulls debut.

After spending most of his youth development with Braga and Sporting Lisbon, the 21-year-old joined the Reds in January 2012, having starred during Sporting’s 3-0 win at Anfield during the 2011/12 NextGen Series.

Having seen the start of his Liverpool career disrupted by injuries, the playmaker joined Brentford on loan in September 2013, but limited game-time saw him make a premature return to Anfield.

However, after responding with some impressive displays for the reserves, Teixeira was handed his Liverpool debut as a substitute against Fulham back in February, even helping set-up the last-minute penalty that saw the Reds clinch a 3-2 win.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE

21/09/2013: Brighton & Hove Albion 3-1 Bolton Wanderers (Lopez OG, 29; Spearing OG, 53, Calderon, 55, Buckley, 57)

On their last visit to the Amex Stadium, Wanderers saw their first-half lead wiped as three Brighton goals in the space of four minutes saw the Whites’ fall to defeat.

David Lopez had diverted Lee Chung-Yong’s low cross into his own net to give Bolton the lead, but Brighton were soon level after the break, Jay Spearing heading Kazenga Lua Lua’s free-kick past Adam Bogdan.

Inigo Calderon's low half-volley put Brighton ahead before Will Buckley sealed the win moments later, cutting inside from the right before curling the ball home.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE

Oxfordshire-based referee Graham Scott takes charge of Wanderers’ Saturday visit to Brighton & Hove Albion.

Mr Scott has taken charge of three Whites’ fixtures in the past, including two last season, with the most recent coming back in March when Dougie Freedman’s side drew 0-0 away at Derby County.

Robert Hyde and Guy Stretton will run the line, while Alan Dale is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

54Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 12:43

I hope he doesn't play 2 strikers, we were too open against Boro especially at the start of the first half and if we play that way away at Brighton they could be out of site within 20 minutes. Our most successful 'system' last year was away from home, with a solid defence and then countering effectively. 

That's what I'd advocate personally, set up with 5 in midfield but two wingers and Cravies up top. Spearing, Trotter and Danns in the middle with the latter 2 breaking forward to join the attacks. Although personally I'd drop Spearing for Medo but that won't happen.

55Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 13:17

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote: Our most successful 'system' last year was away from home, with a solid defence and then countering effectively. 

Reading 7 - Bolton 1 - yes it was a very successful system that day wasn't it?

56Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Fri Aug 22 2014, 13:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:I hope he doesn't play 2 strikers, we were too open against Boro especially at the start of the first half

Do you really think we were more open than in a typical match where we've played one up front?

Sure, Boro looked like the home team for periods, but that's become the norm regardless of the system.

I've never thought 4-4-2 is the answer to all our problems, but at least we look more promising going forward with two up front.

57Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 11:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Calm down before you give yourself a heart attack, it was clearly a poke at the sometimes ridiculous views of posters on here. (sorry to LPP that part but you clearly need it highlighting)

I know full well about the 80s even though I wasn't born, my family put their hands in their pockets too.

I'd suggest you read posts more carefully Breadman, as you told me yesterday - it's not hard,
Not quite sure what you're apologising for here mate. It's not about me using lots of italics and bold in my posts is it?  Very Happy 

On a more serious note I see a defeat today, 2-0. I don't really think it matters what formation we play or tactics we use. Brighton really are a very good outfit at home and our confidence as a unit appears to be rock bottom. 

The fact is that things work in cycles in football just like life and the economy. We spent some years on the way down (I paid money and still do into Lifeline/Goldline) and then we came back up and rode a wave for a few years. Now we seem to be on the downward part of the cycle. I don't think the manager is helping fight it at all and should go but the overarching trend appears to be downward and I'm not sure who you'd bring in to stop it under the current circumstances.

58Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 12:03

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Not quite sure what you're apologising for here mate. It's not about me using lots of italics and bold in my posts is it?  Very Happy 

Laughing

59Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:That's what I'd advocate personally, set up with 5 in midfield but two wingers and Cravies up top. Spearing, Trotter and Danns in the middle with the latter 2 breaking forward to join the attacks. Although personally I'd drop Spearing for Medo but that won't happen.
I suspect that's exactly what he'll do after reading the comments about conceding easy goals made during the week. Not sure if the personnel will be  exactly as you call it but I'd expect to see a packed midfield.

That said the system doesn't matter too much. He could play 3 strikers and instruct them to play deeper or play 1 striker and instruct the midfield to push on to form a front 4 - it's all about the instructions and the players ability to put the necessary miles in to be in the right place at the right time - not the perceived system.

60Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 3 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan, White, Mills, Wheater, Ream, Spearing, Medo, Lee, Danns, Mason, C Davies
BWFC subs: Lonergan, Dervite, Pratley, Trotter, Feeney, Beckford, Threlkeld

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum