Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The day I shared an ASDA with Tim Ream

+5
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It takes a lot more than a Bolton player for me to feel starstruck.

What excited me about this one was the location. I've seen loads of Bolton players out and about over the years but they were all in the Tesco at Horwich.

It's nice that Tim Ream is happy mingling with us commoners at Astley Bridge ASDA. Or are we just not paying him enough?

I can tell you that he was in the store for approximately 40 minutes, the majority of which he spent in the nibbles aisle.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can take seeing famous people in ASDA but from the last sentence it sounds like you were stalking him around ASDA. Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I can take seeing famous people in ASDA but from the last sentence it sounds like you were stalking him around ASDA. Very Happy

With him being new, I couldn't be sure that it was him. I spent a good while hovering, pretending to be browsing for snacks, but still couldn't make my mind up.
I ended up finding my dad to send him to have a look, and he confirmed that it was him, even managing to confirm that his and his missus' accents were American.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I meet Paulo Di Canio, a League 2 manager, and no one believes me. Doffcocker meets a Premier League player and no one bats an eyelid.

I'm leaving.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's have it right. Asda/Wallmart is an American company. If I was a Yank it's where I would do my shopping. He was probably looking for some Atora Suet so his missus could bake him an apple pie like what momma used to make.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was hoping I'd catch him in the George section, but no!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, have you seen the pictures that do the rounds about the people who shop at Walmart, in the States. They call them Walmartians, they ares so unbelievable. Even a lowly paid American footballer would have second thoughts about shopping in such a place.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bollocks. Who wouldn't shop at Walmart? It has everything, under one roof. I've been in about three Walmarts and they are about 10 times the size of an Asda. My point is they stock so much stuff that they attract a massive demographic. Of course that is going to include whatever weirdos you've seen in pictures on the internet.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True, I've also been to many Walmarts in the States, and agree with you about the stock. I've seen some real strange people in them as well. I've even been to a Walmart in Bristol, just for an exciting day out, but have yet to see any weirdos like they have over there.

If I'm really honest, I don't shop at Asda very often, preferring Waitrose/John Lewis. Only nice weirdos there Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have seen the clips of Wallmart clientele in the USA and it turned my stomach. Gross, obese individuals wearing sparse clothing that just doesn't plug the gaps.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I've even been to a Walmart in Bristol, just for an exciting day out, but have yet to see any weirdos like they have over there.

If I'm really honest, I don't shop at Asda very often, preferring Waitrose/John Lewis. Only nice weirdos there Smile

I'm excited now, I didn't know they had Walmart over here. What's it like? How big is it? Is it popular?

I've never been in a Waitrose in my life.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Asda was now known as Adsa Walmart ? Waitrose is for the upper crust, a bit like M & S. Much too dear for a family shop. Ream has good taste.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You should have invited him to join the forum, Doffcocker.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, yes mate, the one in Bristol is pretty good, but I nearly got runover by one of those girly people who go around on skates, sorting out queries for customers. Haven't been for a couple of years though.

Walmart bought out Asda a few years ago, if I remember right, (5/6 years?).

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He was in again last night.

I've got a stalker.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doffcocker to get 49 pages of replies in topics like this i would advise pretending he told you something about Coyles management, or maybe that he's scared of home fans.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All I've got is that he was fussy about his veg.
(Spent at least ten minutes choosing his loose onions.)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:All I've got is that he was fussy about his veg.
(Spent at least ten minutes choosing his loose onions.)

This did make me laugh. The thought of him standing there for 10 minutes deciding on onions, with doffcocker stalking him from the next aisle.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's understandable that TR took his time over that particular decision. Onions are tricky little f******. The last thing you want is to get home with a bag of onions with that nasty layer of brown soggy crap in the middle. Know your onions and you will know yourself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum