Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hodgson shows the way

+5
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
okocha
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Hodgson shows the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Hodgson shows the way Tue Mar 21 2023, 09:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Roy Hodgson the new manager at Crystal Palace.

Of all the ridiculous appointments over the years this one is the most laughable. Let go less than a season ago by Palace, they now think he's the man to keep them up.

Hodgson is a nice guy, but I hope they don't get another point.

22Hodgson shows the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Hodgson shows the way Tue Mar 21 2023, 14:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Roy Hodgson the new manager at Crystal Palace.

Of all the ridiculous appointments over the years this one is the most laughable. Let go less than a season ago by Palace, they now think he's the man to keep them up.

It's ridiculous. Akin to making me a lifeguard. Should have stuck with Vieira.

23Hodgson shows the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Hodgson shows the way Tue Mar 21 2023, 17:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Roy Hodgson the new manager at Crystal Palace.

It's ridiculous. Akin to making me a lifeguard. Should have stuck with Vieira.

I don't know, what else can they do really?

Viera has apparently the worst PL record since the league restarted after the World Cup.

The big problem seems the team isn't scoring goals anymore - only 4 in their last 10 games.

I'm guessing the thinking behind him returning is that the like of Zaha and Ayew, may have lost faith in Viera and will start scoring under their former manager Hodgson?

What better plan have they?

Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose?

I don't think it's such a daft idea myself.

24Hodgson shows the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Hodgson shows the way Wed Mar 22 2023, 01:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A very shortsighted decision in my opinion. Vieira's last ten fixtures were particularly difficult and I don't think Hodgson would have done any better. With the exception of Villa who are on the same points as Chelsea in 10th, five of their past ten games were against current top five opposition. The remainder sit between 6th and 8th place.

Arsenal (1st)
Brighton (7th)
Man City (2nd)
Villa (11th)
Liverpool (6th)
Brentford (8th)
Brighton (7th)
Man Utd (3rd)
Newcastle (5th)
Man Utd (3rd)

Hodgson will only face two of the current top 10 teams and no doubt keep them up based on fixtures alone. I'll bet even Keith Hill could pull that off.

Leicester (17th)
Leeds (14th)
Southampton (20th)
Everton (15th)
Wolves (13th)
West Ham (18th)
Tottenham (4th)
Bournemouth (19th)
Fulham (9th)

IMHO Southampton, Bournemouth and Forest are for the drop. Palace safe regardless of manager.

*Subject to being riddled with errors

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum