Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Coyle

+5
BWFCinPhila
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:39 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There'd be no point in a site like this if we all set out with the intention of writing but keeping negative thoughts secretive.
There shouldn't really be a relationship between the mood on these boards and the team's on field performances, anyway. If there is, our problems are far bigger than anticipated.
Coyle would be a bold man to complain about any lack of patience he's been shown by the Bolton crowd. We averaged at 0.8 points a game as as at the final whistle of the Wolves game, which over 38 games works out at 26 points (in other words, 'gonna get relegated with weeks to spare unless things change'), yet there wasn't much booing.

22Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle seems to be a decent bloke but that is not enough. It's results that count. We want him to do well because he was once a player here but we can't go on like sheep when we see the same mistakes made every week.

His team selection is totally impossible to fathom out. He hinted today that Kevin Davies may play at Old Trafford. What the fcuk is that about ? Did he actually watch the Macclesfield game ?

23Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:There'd be no point in a site like this if we all set out with the intention of writing but keeping negative thoughts secretive.
There shouldn't really be a relationship between the mood on these boards and the team's on field performances, anyway. If there is, our problems are far bigger than anticipated.
Coyle would be a bold man to complain about any lack of patience he's been shown by the Bolton crowd. We averaged at 0.8 points a game as as at the final whistle of the Wolves game, which over 38 games works out at 26 points (in other words, 'gonna get relegated with weeks to spare unless things change'), yet there wasn't much booing.

Don't think anyone can accuse me of keeping my thoughts to my self - I was pointing out Coyle's record was not that much different to Megson's in the season he took over - and was one of the first - if not 'the' first - to question Coyle's strategic thinking and tactical ability - to the derision of many other posters.

To be honest I think a great many fans have duped themselves - they wanted Megson out so badly that anyone else would do - and when that anyone else was a well 'touted' former player they were in raptures and oblivious to what actually went on before their very eyes - indeed when some like me pointed things out they went in to denial - and came out with every excuse under the sun - except the true one - Coyle is not up to managing at this level.

I think the penny as dropped with most by now and an acceptance that relegation stares us in the face - and if we do manage to escape it - which I doubt we will - it is only because of the direness of three other teams.

The fans still want Coyle to succeed - but no longer believe he will - they still cling to him though because they have fooled themselves into believing their are no better available managers out there - but there are - Dave Jones being an example.

I don't think many would complain if the club did sack him - but for whatever reason they have not.

We are then stuck with a nice enough bloke - but a lame duck manager - and people have quietly (and meekly) accepted this position.

Football fans tend to think with their hearts and not with their heads.

24Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dave Jones was very unlucky at Cardiff. If Coyle was to leave then I would see him as a suitable replacement. He had to weather a shitstorm over the kiddy fiddling allegations but he came out of it with his dignity intact.

25Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. You have not convinced anyone that the football has improved 100% and talking about a "mid table at least" finish is hardly realistic.

Holden and Lee won't be fit enough to play first team football for months not weeks and if we keep performing the way we have so far this season it will simply be too late for them to make a difference.

Previously Coyle brought in quality loanees but he has conspicuously failed to do so this season. His recent signings have been unimpressive. He selects players who are clearly underperforming when he does have alternatives. His tactics verge on the clueless. None of this makes me trust Coyle to save us from the drop.

I don't dislike Coyle but I don't have confidence in him as a manager. Our fate lies far too much in the hands of others.

26Owen Coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Owen Coyle Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll stick my oar in, despite my better judgement...

OC is a "work in progress" as a manager. He could turn out to be fantastic in the long term, but we haven't got time to spare. As a fan I don't want OC to use our club as a work experience placement whilst he does his top flight apprenticeship - he has to produce now.

We're just going into 3 tough matches and it would be no surprise if at the end of them we had gained no points and were back on the bottom of the table. Despite that, there's still a good chance of survival but we need seriously improved performances. Is OC the man to deliver good performances? He might be, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum