Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+8
Keegan
terenceanne
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
jayjay23
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Thu May 03 2012, 22:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Sunderland did make an offer for him in January, but it was reputedly very low, £250k.

That amount is an insult. I think he is happy in Bolton. It's easy to slag him off now he is older and in all fairness he is no longer a top quality Premier League striker but he has been an absolute rock for us over the years. Player of the year on more than one occasion and always the consummate professional.

It's hard to imagine fans of yesteryear slagging off Lofty when he came to the end of his career!

I know there is no room for sentimentality in top flight football but I think slagging him off is uncalled for. He got his first England cap last year and that was in the twilight period of his career.

Yes, he is not the best centre forward in the World but at least he always put a shift in and took the knocks without complaint. He struck fear in our opponents and opposing fans alike.

Kevin Davies = Bolton Wanderers. Simple as.

22Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 02:27

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nobody is slaggin' him off....... just time to hang it up or go play in the lower divisions.....maybe Barnsley on a Tuesday night......now that I think of it he might as well stay wi us then. Shocked

23Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he still has something to offer providing he's used more strategically. He doesn't get back as much as he used to when he was almost like having an extra midfielder when we are under the cosh, but he can still mix it in the box and finish when he gets a clear chance. If we needed a goal in the last 20 minutes of the Stoke match I'd be delighted to see him come on providing we are able to push up the pitch. KD is a legend at this club and he deserves the respect of the fans, even though he's not quite the player he was and these are desperate times - just needs to be used sensibly.

24Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 17:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think we should be thanking SKD for whats he's done in the past, and not put the boot in because he's playing as the manager asks. As for the argument about our strikers, I see SKD as a man who play 90% of his game with his back to goal, heading down to players who are not there, Ngog, as a reasonably skilled player who can run from side to side, completely ignoring the goal, until an oportunity arises, whereby he is muscled off it, or misses completly, and finally Klasnic, I rate as a lazy git, who only comes alive when the ball is at his feet in the goal area, (and we know that doesn't happen often enough), and he's so idle he effectively reduces the team to 10. I would still shoot the manager for being a complete numpty in all areas.

25Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 17:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A bit part of Big sams game plan here was making sure we won the 2nd balls, which meant davies become more effective as there was a player around him who would run on to his flick ons.

Now with davies being past his best and teams sussing him out, plus the fact there is never a sole around davies to win the ball, when he does manage to win a header it makes him look less inaffective.

26Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 17:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, which is why the manager should move him out.

27Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 18:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sack coyle and give the job to KD .

28Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 18:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats not such a bad idea in my opinion

29Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Fri May 04 2012, 22:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:I think we should be thanking SKD for whats he's done in the past

Let's put things into perspective. At no point will Kevin have been earning less at Bolton in a week than what the average fan earns in a year. I'm not saying this is license to turn up to matches to abuse him and make his life difficult, but the rewards in his profession are already ridiculously high without the need for constant gratitude.

We can respect him, whilst also being highly critical!

30Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat May 05 2012, 13:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He deserves our RESPECT.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

31Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat May 05 2012, 13:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Super kev should stay in another role he is a one off.

32Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat May 05 2012, 13:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Super Kev for England

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

33Kevin Davies - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat May 05 2012, 13:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, its not just about picking up the money. Don't you make an extra effort, for whatever reason, in your job? I know if there is something I really don't like or want to do, I will do whats asked of me, but if I do take an interest, then I will put more into it. Its just the way we are

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum