Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall v Bolton

+19
NickFazer
Jack Russell
wessy
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
boltonbonce
nobby
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Wed Dec 17 2014, 21:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Anyway as for the game itself i'm going for 1-1, we don't look to have enough up front to get more than one goal at the moment.

32Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 09:45

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Anyway as for the game itself i'm going for 1-1, we don't look to have enough up front to get more than one goal at the moment.
Movement of the game to Friday was nothing to do with SKY as the game was never scheduled for TV.
Apparently the move related to transport difficulties in London on the Saturday. I'm unsure whether it was closed rail links due to industrial action or maintenance.

33Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:42

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Barryjw wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm at a complete loss as to why someone decided to switch it to Friday, it must have been planned to be on Sky then switched at the last minute.

Movement of the game to Friday was nothing to do with SKY as the game was never scheduled for TV.
Apparently the move related to transport difficulties in London on the Saturday. I'm unsure whether it was closed rail links due to industrial action or maintenance.
London Bridge Station closed on Saturday for 2 weeks

34Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:51

Soft southern bastards!

Have they not got legs?

Do the taxis not run "sarf of the river" on a Saturday afternoon?

Are there no buses?

And it's not like we're talking about the Cup Final, is it?

How many people are likely to be attending this game - 10,000 tops?

Bloody stupid decision.

(Cheers for the info, by the way, Barry.)

35Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 13:30

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Two weeks ago i saw this as a potential away win, i still see it as possible, but only if the midfield pitch in with  a goal or two. I have two concerns first we are due to concede after three shut outs.

If we do concede we need to score twice to win, there was no evidence that Wilkinson can step up after his debut, the Kids 19 so we shouldn't be relying on him or any of the untried kids.

I like Clough but it is way harder to hold your own as a striker than say a full back.

A full back often comes into the team and performs well, mainly because they play in a unit and get help, and most importantly they face the ball. 

A striker needs the strength to hold up play and the ability to turn and beat a man so much harder for a youngster who is still to fill out. (exception Rooney built  like a brick shit house) take a look at Wilkinson's own comment he had never played against that level of strength "i couldn't get a kick)

My hope is that Cravies passes a late test.

36Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 13:54

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

1 - 2 Trotters (Chungy) (Ice Man)

37Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 21:17

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am sure the club web site said the game had been moved to Friday for Sky when they announced the date change, anyhow it ain't on so they have changed their mind or I am imagining things.

0-2 Whites Danns, Wilko

38Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Thu Dec 18 2014, 22:36

The club website used to tell us that Gary Megson was an actual human being who "understood football", so why should we believe anything they say?

39Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

40Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 01:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flashback: Millwall 1-1 Bolton

Take a look back at our last meeting with Millwall!

41Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 11:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Millwall v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE 

Unbeaten in six matches and having kept clean sheets in their last three, Bolton Wanderers travel to the capital on Friday night as they take on Millwall in their last match before Christmas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having picked up seven points from their first three games of the season, Millwall’s form has stuttered since then with them registering just two wins since August. However, the Lions head into the fixture off the back of a 1-0 victory against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Level on points with Ian Holloway’s side, the Whites currently sit two places ahead of Millwall courtesy of a superior goal difference, and will be keen to improve their record away from home as they look to stay ahead of the Lions.

TEAM NEWS

Craig Davies and Kevin McNaughton (both hamstring) are making good progress as they near first team returns, but Friday night's game will probably come too soon for the duo.

Max Clayton (knee) will definitely miss out having been ruled out for six months after receiving surgery on the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, while Joe Mason (hamstring) will also miss the trip to capital after tearing his hamstring in training last week.

Mark Davies (knee) and Marc Tierney (leg) remain long-term absentees.

LAST MILLWALL XI (v Brighton & Hove Albion, W 1-0)

Forde, Shittu, Beevers, Malone, Wilkinson, Williams, Woolford, Angel (Dunne 89), Gregory (Fuller 83), Gueye (Abdou 81), McDonald.

ONE TO WATCH

Joining Millwall from non-league Halifax Town in the summer, Lee Gregory has enjoyed an impressive start to life in the Football League, scoring four goals in 11 starts for the Lions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Starting his career in the Sheffield United academy, the forward enjoyed stints with Staveley Miners Welfare, Mansfield Town, Glapwell and Harrogate Town before joining Halifax on loan in Spring 2010, helping the club win the Northern Premier League Division One North title.

Signing for the club permanently the following December, Gregory helped Halifax secure back-to-back promotions and titles in 2011, before helping them win a further promotion to the Conference in 2013.

He scored 29 goals last season, just one behind the division’s leading goalscorer Andre Gray, as Halifax lost to Cambridge United in the play-offs.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE (Millwall 1-1 Bolton Wanderers, 15 February 2014)

Lukas Jutkiewicz scored one but missed a penalty as Bolton Wanderers were forced to settle for a point on their last visit to the Den.

The Middlesbrough loanee headed the Whites infront in the 15th minute, converting Chris Eagles cross, before David Wheater and Alex Baptiste had to be alert to clear separate Martyn Woolford and Jermaine Easter efforts off the line as Millwall pushed for an equaliser.

Eagles then saw a free-kick rebound back off the post before Jutkiewicz’s tame spot-kick was saved by David Forde, allowing Woolford to net a late equaliser, reacting quickest to convert after Adam Bogdan parried a Simeon Jackson effort.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 13:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm working in dunstable today, if I was staying overnight I wish I could have gone to this. 

We owe them a stuffing if im honest, stalemate in our last 2 games... we are due a few goals.

43Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 18:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan, Vela, Mills, Dervite, Ream, Danns, Pratley, Feeney, Hall, Lee, Gudjohnsen 

subs: Bogdan, Moxey, Spearing, Trotter, Wheater, Wilkinson, Clough

44Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 18:58

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Interesting line up

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

45Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 18:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Good to see Clough on the bench. Hopefully Chungy and Eidur can do some damage tonight. COYWM!!

46Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 19:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hall? How many more chances is this lightweight muppet going to get?

47Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 19:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hall? How many more chances is this lightweight muppet going to get?
Personally, I think Hall could be a good player for us. Dougie didn't do a good enough job of developing his talent. Hopefully Lennon can bring him on a bit. Pace is a big asset in any team and he has it in abundance. Just needs to be a bit more disciplined and find an end product. He will be a good asset then.

48Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hasn't produced a single thing in any game I've seen him play and always gets taken off.

Sometimes you just have to accept you've been sold a dud (or everytime if you're Dougie).

49Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 19:24

How long do we reckon Eidur will last?

I'll say an hour then, depending on how we're doing, straight swap for Wilkinson.

50Millwall v Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Millwall v Bolton Fri Dec 19 2014, 19:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Lennon can't get things going in the right direction soon there will be questions asked.

6 unbeaten is pretty crap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum