Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Didn't want to hijack y2j's post

+5
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 08:02

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

But it made me think again, if it's right to have the honour to stop an animal's life when to all intents and purposes there is no quality left (indeed you can be prosecuted for allowing suffering) why don't we have the same respect for a humans quality of life? Medical advances have made it possible to last longer, but watching a couple of people I love suffer dreadfully with no hope of improvement, not certain if we are prolonging life or death. Blimey, don't want to be a downer, enjoy New Year's Eve and be grateful for every fun minute, that's my view on today.

2Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 09:22

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's a lot to be said for walking under a bus rather than suffering needlessly. 
I too have watched loved ones slowly decline and would hate to put my children through that experience.
Unfortunately my first line comment also would have collateral, not least the driver of the bus!
It does seem rather daft when Camoron and his cronies are trying to cut back, that prolonging pointless lives when folk "I wish I was dead" statement prevails.

3Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 09:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a hard one because someone could wish they were dead and no longer a burden, but in a weeks time their feelings and wishes could change.

4Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 10:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I believe there should be doctor assisted dying.

5Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 10:24

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Read Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men", if you haven't already.......

6Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 11:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Read Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men", if you haven't already.......

You'll have to explain the plot, I only read John Grisham.

7Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 11:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Swiss system is something every country should adopt. We are not talking about terminating the lives of healthy people. 

I see nothing wrong with Dignitas whatsoever. You wouldn't let an animal suffer so why keep humans alive when they have no quality of life whatsoever?

8Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The Illiterati speak.

IMO if folk are sound of mind they should have the safe euthanasia option and the time to help their friends and families understand their decision. Walking under a bus etc impacts on other's lives so I disapprove.

9Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 11:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It's a short but wonderful novel that will bring you to tears; takes only about 2 hours to read. It is funny, sad, wise and shows Steinbeck's belief that ordinary folk are capable of supreme acts of self-sacrifice for the sake of others. (Just as in his other must-read novel, "The Grapes of Wrath" Add these two to your bucket-list!) Will you cry more at doggy-suffering or human suffering?

I wouldn't want to spoil your enjoyment, Natasha, by telling you the plot.....

10Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 12:22

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I think as soon as you can't piss or shit yourself then life isn't worth living, i've saved a shoestring for when that happens to me and i'll be swinging off the nearest light fitting in the morning.

11Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jussi22 wrote:I think as soon as you can't piss or shit yourself then life isn't worth living, i've saved a shoestring for when that happens to me and i'll be swinging off the nearest light fitting in the morning.

I'm guessing if you couldn't use the toilet by yourself you'd have great difficulty hanging yourself.

12Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 12:25

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
jussi22 wrote:I think as soon as you can't piss or shit yourself then life isn't worth living, i've saved a shoestring for when that happens to me and i'll be swinging off the nearest light fitting in the morning.

I'm guessing if you couldn't use the toilet by yourself you'd have great difficulty hanging yourself.

I'll have to bribe someone to help me.

13Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jussi22 wrote:

You won't have to bribe anyone, there will be a queue of people ready to help you. Trust me.

14Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 12:30

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
jussi22 wrote:

You won't have to bribe anyone, there will be a queue of people ready to help you. Trust me.
Very Happy

15Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Empty Re: Didn't want to hijack y2j's post Wed Dec 31 2014, 14:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It's a hard one because someone could wish they were dead and no longer a burden, but in a weeks time their feelings and wishes could change.  
I listened to it constantly for months before it happened, so each on it's own merits. That was quite distressing in itself for what's it's worth and when the time came it was a blessing to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum