Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Rotherham

+2
wanderlust
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 00:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon believes the decision not to award Bolton a penalty in the game at Rotherham was key in his side’s defeat at The New York Stadium.

Josh Vela was sent tumbling in the area towards the end of the first half with the score at 2-0, though the referee waved away the penalty appeals.

Moments later Rotherham went up the other end and added to their lead.

Liam Trotter and Matt Mills scored in the second half for Bolton, though the goals were too little too late.

And whilst the manager admitted his side didn’t start the game well enough, he feels they showed good battling qualities in the second half.

“The exertions of Saturday’s FA Cup tie certainly caught up with us a bit this evening,” Lennon said after the game. “We looked very leggy out there tonight and were lacking any real energy and urgency which is understandable.

“We weren’t helped by a very poor refereeing decision. I think everyone in the ground saw it was a penalty when Josh is tripped when the game is at 2-0.

“That decision seemed to change the course of the game. The decision goes against us, they go up the other end and score right before half time.

“Maybe we could have freshened things up a little bit more, but you’re always mindful of making too many changes.

“We can’t start games as poorly as we did tonight. Rotherham probably couldn’t have played us at a better time. We’ve had very little time to prepare for this game.

“There are some players who are giving me everything at this moment in time, they’re just running on empty.

“We’re always disappointed when you concede goals. It was a very poor start for us and Rotherham came at us with a lot of energy and freshness about their play.

“We never really got going and the manner in which we conceded the goals early on was disappointing from our point of view.

“We do feel the penalty decision changes the course of the game. If that goes our way, we feel we’re in with a real shout going into half time.

“That moment changed the phycology of the game.

“I was pleased with the way the players battled in the second half, but unfortunately it was too little too late for us.

“We now definitely need to get some bodies in. We’re hoping to do some business this week because our injury list is getting bigger by the day.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Jan 28 2015, 01:25; edited 1 time in total

2What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 01:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon believes the decision not to award Bolton a penalty in the game at Rotherham was key in his side’s defeat at The New York Stadium.

If he actually believes that (he surely can't) he is more deluded than I thought he was.

4What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's pathetic when managers blame one decision for a hammering. No different when Lennon trots out the same bullshit.

5What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He says it changed the course of the game... which it did. Nothing more nothing less.

6What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He says it changed the course of the game... which it did. Nothing more nothing less.

Every single action changes the course of a game. If Ream had dropped his shorts after 60 seconds we might have gone on to win 6-0.

7What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 09:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:He says it changed the course of the game... which it did. Nothing more nothing less.

Every single action changes the course of a game. If Ream had dropped his shorts after 60 seconds we might have gone on to win 6-0.

I know, I'm glad you agree with Lennon. I know you're just joking but the sad thing is Lusty actually believes what he's said above.

8What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I know, I'm glad you agree with Lennon. I know you're just joking but the sad thing is Lusty actually believes what he's said above.

OK I'll play HN.

Yes I do believe that Lennon is deluded if he said that.
We were already 2 nil down after an appalling start - how does he explain that?
Or the other 2 goals they scored?
Or our inability to offer any sort of threat for the majority of the game?

Excuses come easily to NL. So far we've had 3 for this game (tired from Liverpool game/injuries to the squad/bad ref)

I'd be much happier if he was saying we performed poorly and he's going to do something about it.

9What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Are you saying that you usually go round dropping your shorts everywhere to try and score Nat?

10What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Are you saying that you usually go round dropping your shorts everywhere to try and score Nat?

Quit the sexual harassment please.

11What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

OK I'll play HN.

Yes I do believe that Lennon is deluded if he said that.
We were already 2 nil down after an appalling start - how does he explain that?
Or the other 2 goals they scored?
Or our inability to offer any sort of threat for the majority of the game?

Excuses come easily to NL. So far we've had 3 for this game (tired from Liverpool game/injuries to the squad/bad ref)

I'd be much happier if he was saying we performed poorly and he's going to do something about it.

“We’re always disappointed when you concede goals. It was a very poor start for us and Rotherham came at us with a lot of energy and freshness about their play.

“We never really got going and the manner in which we conceded the goals early on was disappointing from our point of view.

I honestly think you're trolling Lusty but you do you. 

12What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Neil Lennon believes the decision not to award Bolton a penalty in the game at Rotherham was key in his side’s defeat at The New York Stadium.

If he actually believes that (he surely can't) he is more deluded than I thought he was.
 it did change the course of the game. If we had been awarded a penalty we would probably have gone in 2-1 down at half time and not 3-0. The second half could have been a lot different.

13What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone think we were not poor last night?

Were any of the players picked by Lennon not good enough?

Who is responsible?

Not the manager apparently.

Same questions about Freedman and it's all his responsibility/fault. Go figure.

I'm saying that Neil needs to stop pandering to his adoring media and try to do as good a job as e.g. Warburton getting success from average players.

No problem with him flirting with the press once he's actually achieved something other than get us back to the midtable position we'd have got to anyway with this midtable squad.

14What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:21

wanderlust wrote:Anyone think we were not poor last night?

Were any of the players picked by Lennon not good enough?

Who is responsible?

Not the manager apparently.

Same questions about Freedman and it's all his responsibility/fault. Go figure.

I'm saying that Neil needs to stop pandering to his adoring media and try to do as good a job as e.g. Warburton getting success from average players.

No problem with him flirting with the press once he's actually achieved something other than get us back to the midtable position we'd have got to anyway with this midtable squad.
Use the 95 play off final as an example.  If reading had scored the penalty to go 3-0 uip chances are it would have killed the game off.  the fact branigan saved the penalty gave the players the kick up the backside they needed to go on to win the game.  Same for last night.  If we had got the penalty and scored it we COULD of gone on to push more and get more from the game.  INSTEAD they go up the other end and score another which would of sent the players heads spiralling.  Therefore i think it was a major factor on what could of been a very different outcome!

15What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything, absolutely anything could have changed reality.

Personally I think the evidence points to Breadman.

Doesn't go to a game for years and as soon as he does we get spanked.

Obviously, he's a Jonah.

The clincher for me was that he admitted to leaving at 4 -0.

Interesting that we scored 2 once he had left the building. More than a coincidence I think.

16What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wanderlust wrote:Anything, absolutely anything could have changed reality.

Obviously, he's a Jonah.

Interesting that we scored 2 once he had left the building. More than a coincidence I think.
I agree. I believe lennon said off camera there was some guy near the front of the stand wearing an illuminus I hate Brucie t shirt and it was putting the players off big time. Apparently some of them are big Forsyth fans and were highly offended. Instead of shooting for goal they were trying to hit breadman.

17What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:32

Obviously, he's a Jonah.

i think you are onto something there lusty, i pointed this out last night and he has been banned from all future games!

I know what you mean, it is all ifs and buts and hopes.  The fact of the matter is we should have started better

18What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously, he's a Jonah.

I really don't think Norwich fans should be commenting.

19What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 10:57

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Obviously, he's a Jonah.

I really don't think Norwich fans should be commenting.
or Chorley fans

20What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Empty Re: What Lennon Thought - Rotherham Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
or Chorley fans

This Chorley fan has been to more Bolton games than the rest of you bellends put together.

Dilemma on Saturday though, Bolton against Wolves or Chorley at top of the league Fylde?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum