Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

49 million for Raheem Sterling

+7
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

4149 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 17:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

City were nobodies not that long ago in terms of the transfer market. At one point they weren't any more powerful than us - Jonathan Macken, Shaun Goater, Antoine Sibierski, Georgios Samaras, numerous players well past their best like Schmeichel, Seamen, Fowler, McManaman - you didn't hear of many very classy players desperate to player for Man City. They were quite pitiful in almost every way, their fans had something new to complain about on GMR every week, a bit like us now really.

As much as I don't like Liverpool, they're a far more attractive club to play for in terms of tradition than City. I know City have got a better chance of winning trophies now but there can't be much novelty to winning the title there compared to if Liverpool or say Arsenal somehow won it.

I personally find it sad that money affects the game as much as it does, but as I doubt anybody on here has ever been offered £100k-£200k a week (except obviously Whittam) and probably never will, who are we to judge.

4249 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 17:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I personally find it sad that money affects the game as much as it does, but as I doubt anybody on here has ever been offered £100k-£200k a week (except obviously Whittam) and probably never will, who are we to judge.

At my peak I didn't get out of bed for less than £350k per modelling job.

4349 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 17:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me neither.
49 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Strange_dressed_people_21

4449 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 17:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

4549 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:06

doffcocker wrote:City were nobodies not that long ago in terms of the transfer market. At one point they weren't any more powerful than us - Jonathan Macken, Shaun Goater, Antoine Sibierski, Georgios Samaras, numerous players well past their best like Schmeichel, Seamen, Fowler, McManaman - you didn't hear of many very classy players desperate to player for Man City. They were quite pitiful in almost every way, their fans had something new to complain about on GMR every week, a bit like us now really.

As much as I don't like Liverpool, they're a far more attractive club to play for in terms of tradition than City. I know City have got a better chance of winning trophies now but there can't be much novelty to winning the title there compared to if Liverpool or say Arsenal somehow won it.

I think City are a far more attractive option than Liverpool - Champions League football, going to win a trophy most seasons, some world class players and continued investment for years to come. That doesn't even take into account the cash he'll get from it.

Sure Liverpool have a better history, but what does that count for now? You'll get more respect from the likes of John Aldridge, honestly I wouldn't care about that I'd rather win things, nowadays Liverpool are a feeder club for the elite simple as that.

He's not a local lad I don't see why he should be loyal to Liverpool. He's gone about it the wrong way but personally I'm amazed at the reaction of fans, this is clearly an excellent move for him.

4649 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:personally I'm amazed at the reaction of fans.

That's because you're from the same generation as Walcott Mk II. Class and loyalty aren't words you understand.

4749 million for Raheem Sterling - Page 3 Empty Re: 49 million for Raheem Sterling Mon Jul 13 2015, 18:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Agree with Nat on Sterling I think he's much more of a Walcott than anything else.

will never be what you want him to be. 

he's obviously not "crap" but he is definitely just another overrated English 'talent'

If you find yourself agreeing with Nat, you're almost certainly wrong.

haha possibly but I remember when I was in uni and speaking to a mate who was an Arsenal fan and I said (on walcott) "he'll be a bust he's overrated"

and he said "fuck off he's rapid" 

I'm getting the same the vibe from on this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum