Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

6 players in for what? £1.5 million?

+7
waynagain
Keegan
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
wanderlust
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16 players in for what?  £1.5 million? Empty 6 players in for what? £1.5 million? Wed Jul 03 2013, 09:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just putting the Rhodes story to one side for a moment, so far Dougie has brought in 6 players for an estimated £1.5 million:
Baptiste and Tierney (free)
Hall, Wilkinson and White (compensation to be decided by tribunal)
Beckford (£1million)
Of those, Baptiste and Tierney should play, Beckford will compete for the striker spot so will probably get rotated with Sordell, Ngog, Cavies, and possibly Eaves or even Eagles.
Hall and White are likely to be benchwarmers pushing to break through into the team and Wilkinson is firmly "one for the future"
Which leaves us in a dilemma.
Most fans think that although we should be OK with that squad, the team could be improved by the addition of another CB, a midfielder and a striker.
There would be no point in buying another "average" striker - we have plenty already - so if that was to happen we'd need to splash the cash, but theoretically we could pick up a CB and a midfielder without breaking the bank.
So the question is:
Has Dougie's astute purchasing so far...
a) been necessary as there's no money to spend?
b) there's money to spend - it's just that he's a tightwad anyway?
c) there's money to spend but he's saving it to splash out on a top class player?
d) there's money to spend but he's saving it to spread around buying 2 or 3 bargains?

I'm thinking a but hoping c or d.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm sure it's (a) unless we can sell some of the dead wood.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think (c) or at least I hope so

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You would like to think c but i'd personally go for d and partly a.

Baptiste and Tierney are very good signings for this division, especially on a free, any manager in their right mind wouldn't have looked at them both on freebies.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think he has handled the transfers so far very well, why spend money on players if he can get good free signings like Bapstiste? I think he will have a bit to spend yet on maybe a centre half and another midfielder.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That interview on another thread opens up all kind of possibilities. I am confident Dougie will do the right thing.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

And the answer is (c).

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If there was some 'big money' laying around there would have been a bid for Dawson

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:If there was some 'big money' laying around there would have been a bid for Dawson

Maybe WBA don't want to sell a good player ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still hoping for Rob Earnshaw. The sexy beast.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm still hoping for Rob Earnshaw. The sexy beast.

As a replacement for Nuggy?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm still hoping for Rob Earnshaw. The sexy beast.

You'd drop for me.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From my IT mole it is definitely d) with the majority of the money going towards Rhodes and the rest a midfielder and a couple of defenders.

Dougie is looking to introduce competition in all areas of the field so he can get the right mentality from the players. Beginning to feel like the Allardyce days are back, but now with Dougie. Onwards and upwards!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:From my IT mole it is definitely d)  with the majority of the money going towards Rhodes and the rest a midfielder and a couple of defenders.

Dougie is looking to introduce competition in all areas of the field so he can get the right mentality from the players.  Beginning to feel like the Allardyce days are back, but now with Dougie.  Onwards and upwards!

So your mole is saying Rhodes plus 3 other players?
I would like to believe that so much.
If that happens, your mole will rightfully take his/her place at the top of the molehill.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

waynagain wrote:If there was some 'big money' laying around there would have been a bid for Dawson

Good things come to those who are patient.  Kudos to Dougie for being coy about who he wants in.  Let's hope for Rhodes and Dawson and I wouldn't mind Spearing as well. Worth the money if you want to get the EPL rewards next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum