Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Palacios available for £1.5 million

+5
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
NickFazer
wanderlust
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Palacios available for £1.5 million Empty Palacios available for £1.5 million Sun Jul 07 2013, 08:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's done nothing since he went to Stoke from Spurs and looked a bit slow on the rare occasions I've seen him. Pulis basically dropped him for 2 years.
Question in my mind is whether his poor form is a fitness issue or something else, because he used to put himself about in midfield like a good 'un. Proper box-to-box midfielder.
If we don't get (as seems likely) Jay Spearing, and Holden doesn't get back to where he was, an on-from Palacios would make a lethal central midfield partnership with Medo.
At £1.5 million, he could be a bargain if the circumstances are right i.e. with improved fitness and some serious motivation (both of which I'm confident Dougie can provide)
And his wage demands could hardly be too excessive for a guy who has hardly played for a couple of years.
Stoke payed £6 million for him and he's on £26k a week at the Britannia so another factor would be whether or not he's prepared to take a cut in salary in order to revitalise his career? Definitely one with something to prove which is a good thing.
Probably at least worth looking at IMO, although Hull are sniffing around.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on a player that hasn't played for a fairly ordinary Stoke team for 2 seasons. Has he been injured? That kind of player would be right up Pulis' street so either his attitude is wrong or he has lost it. If we are spending money it needs to be a CB or a goalscorer.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Looked a good player when he first moved to Spurs but can't really say I ever saw him that much for the potters.

With Mavies out until January and the jury still being out on how good Holden is now he is back from injury it wouldn't be the worst buy in the world, depending on how much he wants in wages.

Doesn't striker me as a Dougie type player though.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

From what I've heard, Dougie won't be spending much, If any money on ageing players. Palacios has a £1.5 million price tag, plus he's on big money, so that would probably rule him out.

Not worth the risk IMO, something must be wrong with his attitude at Stoke because even when he has even fit he hasn't featured, liked him a lot at Tottenham and Wigan but as others have said, given the money he'd cost it's not worth it.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds a bargain at 1.5 million tbh. He's a flair player who wants to be playing every week and with the right support from management he would be a bargain at that price in the Championship.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rubbish footballer. I remember him and Valencia at Wigan and people talking about the pair of them being world beaters. I always thought they were shit and so they have turned out to be. Valencia is even worse than Palacios.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a big fan but he may still be better than what we have now....so 50/50 on it.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

£1.5 million?

The Daily Mail is reporting this morning that Liverpool have agreed to sell Spearing to (wait for it!!) Blackburn for £1.5 m.
If it's true then Dougie needs to get his finger out and  do some business very quickly to stop this

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:£1.5 million?

The Daily Mail is reporting this morning that Liverpool have agreed to sell Spearing to (wait for it!!) Blackburn for £1.5 m.
If it's true then Dougie needs to get his finger out and  do some business very quickly to stop this

Either Dougie's missed a trick, he has something better up his sleeve or the rumours are false and we have no transfer budget.

Spearing is a good championship player, but I think we've already replaced him with Medo Kamara. A better player in my eyes.

Still very surprised if he's heading to Blackburn.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If DF is planning on playing with 2 holding players you couldn't do much better than Medo and Spearing. If that fee is correct we should be in for him no doubt.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's planning to play Medo plus 3 more attacking midfielders and has settled on not buying another midfielder choosing instead to strengthen the attack, having already brought in a couple of FBs at the back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum