Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID?

+11
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
Norpig
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

What fee will Bolton actually receive for Rob Holding?

TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap37%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 37% [ 7 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap11%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap42%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 42% [ 8 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap10%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap0%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_lcap0%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't help but wonder who in their right mind is offering 10 million for Rob Holding.

I'll be the first to admit that I have only seen him play a small handful of games this season (all but one on TV) but how does a player reach that kind of valuation with such limited experience? And after having spend the entire season playing at the heart of the absolute worst defense in the Championship.

Is he really that good?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's very good in possession, I'm just struggling to think of many occasions where he's done something spectacular defensively. A bit like Cahill really, great footballer, but not irreplaceable as a defender by any means.

£10m is madness though, especially considering our situation. I guess they see him as another John Stones type investment - young English Championship defender they can develop.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's not worth 10million but if that's the price we can get, then yes we need the money

i would guess we would at best get half of that amount and not all upfront, it would be linked to a lot of add-ons. If we do sell him we need to stick in a re-sale clause as well

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll be lucky to get 1 million.

I'm half wondering if this is part of Anderson's 'business plan' leak transfer rumours for the kids to ramp up interest and boost any potential transfer fee. The moment a rumour goes out that Arsenal are looking at paying big money for a young English player you can be sure other clubs will be taking a look too. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we lose him for £6 million to a mid table prem team who's interest only started once they heard Arsenal were looking.

We've been selling our best talent cheap for years so cant know him if that is the case.

Who was the Fulham player that went to City for £12 million last summer after playing 10 matches?

Teams are willing to pay more for young English players, if someone is stupid enough to offer even £5 million for him I'd snatch their hands off.

Does anyone really think Holding is a Premier league/Champions League quality defender?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe this thread Fin. It's been made absolutely crystal clear that NOBODY is offering £10 million for Holding.
They are not even offering £2 million.

They are offering peanuts to steal an decent prospect from us at a time when we are desperate for cash.

This figure of £10 million came from a dodgy paper who  misreported the fact that BWFC responded to the shit offer by saying if you want him you'll have to pay us £10 million i.e. eff off and leave us alone.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Who was the Fulham player that went to City for £12 million last summer after playing 10 matches?

Teams are willing to pay more for young English players, if someone is stupid enough to offer even £5 million for him I'd snatch their hands off.

Does anyone really think Holding is a Premier league/Champions League quality defender?

Patrick Roberts.

wanderlust wrote:I can't believe this thread Fin. It's been made absolutely crystal clear that NOBODY is offering £10 million for Holding.

They are offering peanuts to steal an decent prospect from us at a time when we are desperate for cash.

This figure of £10 million came from a dodgy paper who  misreported the fact that BWFC responded to the shit offer by saying if you want him you'll have to pay us £10 million i.e. eff off and leave us alone.

Where have you got that from?

Talksport reported that Everton had offered £10 million but the club knocked it back.

They cite their own sources, so presumably aren't simply passing on a misquote from a paper.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm baffled myself. Transfer fees have gone crazy over the last few years but 10 mill for Holding?  Are you telling me that Arsenal etc. who can do worldwide scouting can't find another Holding in the French 2nd division etc. they have to pay us 10 mill for a kid with just about zero experience....dafter things have happened I suppose.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:Who was the Fulham player that went to City for £12 million last summer after playing 10 matches?

Patrick Roberts.

...who was then loaned out to Celtic where he has done well. Scored two against Aberdeen on Saturday.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect something like 1.5-2.5 with substantial add ons for example if he ever pilots the first human mission to mars we receive 500k, If he captains Spain to Euro glory we get 2 million. 

If there is any truth in these reports what so ever of course.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has sluffy suddenly started allowing ads on the site? I keep getting pop up city every time I try to post even on Chrome with Adblock.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I suspect Holding will go for a pittance but we won't be told just how little it is. My gut feeling is about one million tops (including add ons if there are any).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I can't believe this thread Fin. It's been made absolutely crystal clear that NOBODY is offering £10 million for Holding.

Where have you got that from?

Talksport reported that Everton had offered £10 million but the club knocked it back.

They cite their own sources, so presumably aren't simply passing on a misquote from a paper.
At no point does the article or any article say that amount was offered

The only people suggesting that £10 million was offered are people on this site whose source appears to be an article which doesn't say £10 million was offered.

I'll say it again:

The article says we turned down "an offer" and then told them they were having a laugh because if they want the lad they will have to pay us silly money. Which obviously they won't.

Everton ready second bid for Bolton defender Rob Holding after seeing initial £10m offer rejected – talkSPORT source
Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That was the Talksport article headline.

And it's quite pacific.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Be greedy then ..... ask for 20 mill.   maybe this regime is a bit smarter than the last and can actually negotiate a deal that works for us for a change.

You would have enough then to pay our bills and build a brand new team.

Sounds good to me.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Be greedy then ..... ask for 20 mill.   maybe this regime is a bit smarter than the last and can actually negotiate a deal that works for us for a change.

Sounds good to me.
This exactly, Gartside would've told them give us 4 million he's yours.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Be greedy then ..... ask for 20 mill.   maybe this regime is a bit smarter than the last and can actually negotiate a deal that works for us for a change.

Sounds good to me.
This exactly, Gartside would've told them give us 4 million he's yours.
£4 million? He would have let him go for fuck all!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That article obviously isn't true.

Leaked by the club to drum up interest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum