Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be more German

+17
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 33]

241Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes. Every day is an adventure. Very Happy

242Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:16

boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Every day is an adventure. Very Happy
Smile

243Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Yes. Every day is an adventure. Very Happy
More so than normal eh Bonce.

They always say you should dip your toe in the water and not head first! Laughing

244Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if that image and the numbers above don't shame us all as a nation then i don't know what will. We need to step up and take in more of these people and do our share, its the least we should be doing after all our meddling over the years in the region.

245Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem is that the country will be empty at this rate and they will all be in Europe etc.

Why not all countries join forces to get to the root of the problem and tackle ISIS?

Surely this would be cheaper in the long run?

Apologies if this has been said before but don't fancy trawling through the last 9 pages to check. Smile

246Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:19

Norpig wrote:if that image and the numbers above don't shame us all as a nation then i don't know what will. We need to step up and take in more of these people and do our share, its the least we should be doing after all our meddling over the years in the region.

Bang on Norpig.

It doesn't have to be taking hundreds of thousands but we need to at least make a start in the short term whilst we put together a longer term plan.

247Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:21

karlypants wrote:The problem is that the country will be empty at this rate and they will all be in Europe etc.

Why not all countries join forces to get to the root of the problem and tackle ISIS?

Surely this would be cheaper in the long run?

Apologies if this has been said before but don't fancy trawling through the last 9 pages to check. Smile

You're right that the ISIS problem has to be tackled, but that would be a long term solution. The refugee crisis is here now, we need to do our bit.

248Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:27

This might be an unfair question now, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

SK (and for that matter, anybody else who holds similar views to his on this subject),

What are your thoughts on that picture?

If you'd prefer not to answer, fair enough.

But I'm genuinely interested in hearing what someone from the "Bollocks to 'em, it's not our problem" camp thinks after seeing it because I've seen and heard a few of them in the media today basically refusing to comment.

And that's a cop out for me - if you so staunchly believe that your opinion on the migrant / refugee situation is worthy of consideration, you should have the plums to publish your thoughts on the image too.

249Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:36

Breadman wrote:This might be an unfair question now, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

SK (and for that matter, anybody else who holds similar views to his on this subject),

What are your thoughts on that picture?

If you'd prefer not to answer, fair enough.

But I'm genuinely interested in hearing what someone from the "Bollocks to 'em, it's not our problem" camp thinks after seeing it because I've seen and heard a few of them in the media today basically refusing to comment.

And that's a cop out for me - if you so staunchly believe that your opinion on the migrant / refugee situation is worthy of consideration, you should have the plums to publish your thoughts on the image too.
i'm NOT from the bollocks to them camp, but i still can't bring myself to look at it.

250Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:44

Dear johnny,

Aylan, the toddler who drowned yesterday fleeing Syria, was just three years old. His town was under attack by Isis. His five year old brother and his mum also died trying to reach safety. [1]

Yet our Prime Minister has just said ‘we won't take any more refugees’. [2] He thinks that most of us don't care.

But 38 Degrees members do care. We don't want Britain to be the kind of country that turns its back as people drown in their desperation to flee places like Syria.

So let's stand up for Britain's long tradition of helping refugees fleeing war. If tens of thousands of us write to our MPs, demanding no more drownings, we can force the government into action.

Please can you email your MP now? It'll just take a minute but it could be our best chance to force the government to help people fleeing from war and violence. There’s some suggested text to help you write your email if you’re not sure what to say:

If MPs hear from lots of their constituents today, they'll realise that lots of us don't agree with David Cameron: we want the UK to do its bit to help refugees fleeing war. And if enough MPs start speaking out, Cameron will feel isolated and start to change his tune. Pressure on MPs today could help stop more children drowning as they try to get to safety.

The tide is starting to turn against the government. Some MPs are already starting to call on them to give immediate sanctuary to refugees. [3] Every message we send to an MP today helps pile the pressure on Cameron.

Britain has a long tradition of helping people fleeing war. It's part of being a civilised country. And 38 Degrees members have a strong record of standing up for a Britain we can all be proud to live in - whether that's through defending the NHS or our countryside, or by making sure we do our bit to help refugees.

So let's speak up today and tell David Cameron that we won’t stand by while he lets children drown.

251Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 13:46

This was off that 38 degrees, i clicked on the email without knowing the pic was on there.  Seriously, differences aside now, please just stop the bickering and petty squabbles (me included!) and do a little something to help a little someone!

252Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:01

:agree: 

...and I'm pretty sure that's what 74 was getting at, 251 comments ago.

(Honestly not trying to be a twat, that's just how I read his initial comment at the start of this thread.)

253Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:03

Cheers Bread.

:like:

254Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't seen the photo, and don't intend to, but can imagine what it's like. And I have little doubt it tugs at the heart strings.

But if someone went out and took photos of all the shit that's wrong in the UK I'm sure the photos would be equally disturbing. Kids living in squalor, young girls/women being forced into the sex trade, people living on the streets etc.

We need to get our own ship in order before we try to right wrongs abroad. Because if we let these migrants in I'm afraid all the problems I've described above will just get worse.

255Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:38

Natasha Whittam wrote:I haven't seen the photo, and don't intend to

Keep you half-baked, little-England bollocks to your self then.

If you haven't got the guts to look at the picture, your opinion is invalid in my view.

256Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:39

Breadman wrote::agree: 

...and I'm pretty sure that's what 74 was getting at, 251 comments ago.

(Honestly not trying to be a twat, that's just how I read his initial comment at the start of this thread.)
i never disagreed with 74, i only stated for us to take the number in that germany are we would need to make sure we have the resources for it.  as 74 and SK both know i agree with 74 more so than SK but didn't realise the ongoing battle and the talking shit to each other is standard practice.

257Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Keep you half-baked, little-England bollocks to your self then.

If you haven't got the guts to look at the picture, your opinion is invalid in my view.

It's got nothing to do with guts, I just don't want to risk being swayed by an awful photo.

Decisions have to be made without emotion.

258Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh and Breadman, I trust you'll be donating 10% of your new wage to the migrant appeal?

Thought not.

When you've actual done something yourself to help these poor people, THEN you can have a pop at others.

259Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:53

Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh and Breadman, I trust you'll be donating 10% of your new wage to the migrant appeal?

Post a link, I can't find one.

::seething::

260Be more German - Page 13 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat we are never going to right all these wrongs in our country but as a civilised supposed first world country don't you feel we have a moral obligation to assist these people?

I'm all for sorting out our own issues but we can't just sit back and do nothing surely?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum