Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be more German

+17
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
Norpig
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 33]

261Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Nat we are never going to right all these wrongs in our country but as a civilised supposed first world country don't you feel we have a moral obligation to assist these people?

We do, but not to the detriment of our own citizens. I accept it's cruel but I'm 100% sure a migrant invasion would only bring more misery to the UK.

I feel sorry for the migrants and don't blame them one little bit, I have no doubt I'd be trying the same thing in their shoes, but I'm afraid when you're running a country like Cameron you have to do what is best for your own people.

262Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:01

Your own people being "the human race" or just the ones who get to vote for you in elections?

263Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:09

And by the way, it's got everything to do with guts.

If you can't look at the picture of that little lad's lifeless body lying face down in the surf and maintain your convictions, it means one of two things: either your convictions are not deeply held and you know it already or you're simply a coward.

264Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Be more German - Page 14 Rogers

265Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:And by the way, it's got everything to do with guts.

If you can't look at the picture of that little lad's lifeless body lying face down in the surf and maintain your convictions, it means one of two things: either your convictions are not deeply held and you know it already or you're simply a coward.

I don't want to look at photos of dead children, I'm strange like that.

What an awful person I am.

266Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i didn't like looking either but ignoring it doesn't change anything, we still need to step up.

267Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i didn't like looking either but ignoring it doesn't change anything, we still need to step up.

But looking at it doesn't change anything either.

268Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:44

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:And by the way, it's got everything to do with guts.

I don't want to look at photos of dead children, I'm strange like that.

What an awful person I am.

And this is the problem with posting as an "internet persona".

20,000+ comments and I doubt we've seen your honest opinion on anything in any of them.

Every comment you make has to be done with "what would the Whittam character say?" in mind.

Which is fine, if you restrict your input to creating "controversial" threads about fat people and depression or throwing in the odd glib comment about Hipster once being voted funniest poster many moons ago or burying BDP under your patio.

But when it comes to seriously discussing the important topics of the day, you're hamstrung by your own creation.

You can only ever take a certain stance on things and, whilst it's generally funny in a throwaway one-liner kind of way on other subjects, when we're discussing topics like this one, it comes across as being a bit cheap and disrespectful.

269Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like looking at dead children, simple as that. Are you saying you do?

Looking at a horrible photo won't make me change my mind, it'll just stop me sleeping.

Just like 1874, you simply can't understand that someone would have a differing opinion to yourself.

270Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as sad as that picture was, if it eventually becomes some kind of catalyst for things to change and for people to sit up and actually take notice and not just listen to that idiot Farage, then it may yet serve a purpose.

271Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:55

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just like 1874, you simply can't understand that someone would have a differing opinion to yourself.

Ive taken issue with one thing on this thread, SK bring a bigoted old twat - and I'm surprised that you can't recognise how out of line he is describing these people as undesirables who make the place filthy.

Topics like this are bound to be emotive, but looking at the fact we've taken in so few surely you can see we do more?

272Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:as sad as that picture was, if it eventually becomes some kind of catalyst for things to change and for people to sit up and actually take notice and not just listen to that idiot Farage, then it may yet serve a purpose.

Nothing will happen because as much as people like 1874 and Breadman shout a lot, they only want action so long as it's other people doing it.

If the government suddenly put 150 migrants on Breadman's road he'd have a coronary.

273Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:56

it's going to get out of hand on here soon................................KP, time to mod

274Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Ive taken issue with one thing on this thread, SK bring a bigoted old twat - and I'm surprised that you can't recognise how out of line he is describing these people as undesirables who make the place filthy.

Topics like this are bound to be emotive, but looking at the fact we've taken in so few surely you can see we do more?

I don't agree with SK's comments. I have every sympathy for these people and would happily swap 500,000 of them for 500,000 British people. There will be far more rapists, murderers and perverts amongst the British lot than the migrants.

I just know the country can't handle a significant amount of migrants, the country is already full. We are a small island with a huge population.

275Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:01

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't like looking at dead children, simple as that. Are you saying you do?

Looking at a horrible photo won't make me change my mind, it'll just stop me sleeping.

Just like 1874, you simply can't understand that someone would have a differing opinion to yourself.

See....?

This is precisely what I mean.

100% pure Whittam.

Let's break it down:

"I don't like looking at dead children, simple as that. Are you saying you do? "

Of course not - any reasonable person wouldn't even have to ask that question. Nobody likes looking at pictures of dead children, obviously.
But that's the ridiculous stance that Whittam has to take because that's how the character's been created.

"Looking at a horrible photo won't make me change my mind, it'll just stop me sleeping."

Again, pure Whittam - Make it all about the character and what the implications of looking at the image are for "her". Remember, it's not about the subject matter, it's all about Nat.

And then we get this:

"Just like 1874, you simply can't understand that someone would have a differing opinion to yourself."

If in doubt (and because you know the other person's right), have a cheap dig.

I'm honestly not having a pop, I'm just pointing out how the Whittam character has certain inherent limitations when trying to discuss serious issues.

276Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:06

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

277Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:08

Natasha Whittam wrote:Nothing will happen because as much as people like 1874 and Breadman shout a lot, they only want action so long as it's other people doing it.

If the government suddenly put 150 migrants on Breadman's road he'd have a coronary.

lol!

I live in an area where white British people are in the minority, if 300 Syrian migrants rocked up tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

And don't underestimate the importance of the public protesting and making our feelings heard, as Norpig rightly points out that image has served the purpose of shocking people into action, the pressure on Cameron is growing and he’ll have to answer it as some point.

Unfortunately the only way to get that lizard cunt to do anything is through public opinion.

278Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I live in an area where white British people are in the minority, if 300 Syrian migrants rocked up tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

And don't underestimate the importance of the public protesting and making our feelings heard, as Norpig rightly points out that image has served the purpose of shocking people into action, the pressure on Cameron is growing and he’ll have to answer it as some point.

Unfortunately the only way to get that lizard cunt to do anything is through public opinion.

I said Breadman would get a coronary, not you, as I'll bet my next pack of Twirl's he lives on some poncy middle class estate with a load of doctors and lawyers.

279Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I said Breadman would get a coronary, not you, as I'll bet my next pack of Twirl's he lives on some poncy middle class estate with a load of doctors and lawyers.
don't you live in an exclusive penthouse in preston?

280Be more German - Page 14 Empty Re: Be more German Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

See....?

This is precisely what I mean.

100% pure Whittam.

Let's break it down:

"I don't like looking at dead children, simple as that. Are you saying you do? "

Of course not - any reasonable person wouldn't even have to ask that question. Nobody likes looking at pictures of dead children, obviously.
But that's the ridiculous stance that Whittam has to take because that's how the character's been created.

"Looking at a horrible photo won't make me change my mind, it'll just stop me sleeping."

Again, pure Whittam - Make it all about the character and what the implications of looking at the image are for "her". Remember, it's not about the subject matter, it's all about Nat.

And then we get this:

"Just like 1874, you simply can't understand that someone would have a differing opinion to yourself."

If in doubt (and because you know the other person's right), have a cheap dig.

I'm honestly not having a pop, I'm just pointing out how the Whittam character has certain inherent limitations when trying to discuss serious issues.

I can't really respond to that fully as I don't understand. You seem to be saying everyone dislikes looking at dead children but they do it anyway?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum