2. You're not a teenager you ponce

No we're not and no I'm not.
But I've done it! Very Happy

543 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:
Great, but this thread is about the refugee crisis. Stop trying to ruin great content.

Just trying to point out this government is doing a lot of good.

545 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:49

'Who is Big Bang?' 

Laughing Laughing

546 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:54

@Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Great, but this thread is about the refugee crisis. Stop trying to ruin great content.

Just trying to point out this government is doing a lot of good.

You should make a thread for that then. Interesting you leave out the stagnation of wages which was reported alongside this? And the resulting record high levels of debt to GDP in the UK (90.6%). Remeber what happened the last time debt spiralled out of control?

547 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 15:42

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think most people would rather have a job with stagnant wages than no job at all.

548 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 15:54

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

549 Re: Be more German on Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:00

Just going back to the #jihadinextdoor thing for a sec, I watched it this morning and everybody featured was born, bred and radicalised in London.

Not sure what any of that's got to do with refugees fleeing a war zone if I'm honest.

551 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

552 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 10:35

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bit of a U turn under pressure from Merkel and she's living in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks they'll all want to return to Syria. Although I was surprised to read that 50 thousand have already left.

553 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:28

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Just under a year ago my mate and I went to Germany, to see my sister. We went over the border, to Wissembourg in France, and whilst we were having a coffee, two arab guys, one looking about 18 walked by. The younger one waving a sword, and shouting. Within minutes the locals were arguing and shouting at them, with the sword holder taunting and waving it about, inviting people to challenge him.

Without a word of a lie, and in retrospect, a bloody stupid thing to do, my mate and I got up, and walked away, walking past the sword wielder, within arms reach.

My point is that, for this sort of thing to happen in a small town, off the tourist track, shows, to my mind, how bad things are getting. My sister tells me that quite a lot of refugees have now been moved in, and that their behaviour is upsetting greatly the locals, especially at the local thermal baths/sauna, where they are now banned.

Its all very well saying we must help, but cooperation should go both ways.

554 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 12:35

@gloswhite wrote:Its all very well saying we must help, but cooperation should go both ways.

Totally agree with that Glos. Merkel seems to be taking action, fast tracking asylum claims and reclassifying countries like Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria as safe so that refugees from these countries can be sent back.

She's shown compassion in allowing so many in, had she not there would have been 'jungle' equivalents of Calais springing up all over Europe. Now she needs to be tough.

555 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:53

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Be tough? She fooked up big style and she has to sort her own mess out. What's more she knows it!

556 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:00

Different points of view I suppose, but she's saved a lot of people from a pretty horrendous fate in refugee camps. 

She deserves a lot of credit for that in my view, and with that credit should come the time to finish the job, there was never going to be a quick fix.

557 Re: Be more German on Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:16

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Soul Kitchen wrote:Be tough? She fooked up big style and she has to sort her own mess out. What's more she knows it!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

558 Re: Be more German on Mon May 02 2016, 09:58

No matter what your view on this. The government voting down this bill is utterly shameful, even the Mail came out condemning the government and for the Dubs amendment.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/25/tories-vote-against-accepting-3000-child-refugees

559 Re: Be more German on Tue May 03 2016, 22:18

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Did you put your name down for fostering three dozen?

560 Re: Be more German on Tue May 03 2016, 22:32

Read the article silly twat, the government stopped the plan.

561 Re: Be more German on Wed May 04 2016, 18:33

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
They've allowed them now and the comment was past tense. Seems like the only silly twat was you. Still you're n good company with me and your mate Merkel. Will your landlord let you foster a couple? You never know they might go back to Iraq or Syria in pursuit of virgins?! After all we don't know what undesirables we could be importing?
I say look after our own and those here. I'll bet there's no homelessness in Tower Hamlets, London's arse hole?
It might make money but those that make it don't hang round to enjoy the nightlife I'll bet?

562 Re: Be more German on Wed May 04 2016, 20:16

Do you always form sentences like the above? Genuinely curious as to whether anybody can understand you in real life?

563 Re: Be more German on Fri Jul 22 2016, 20:03

Copper Dragon

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
With each passing day little Angela is looking more and more of a reckless silly cow.

564 Re: Be more German on Fri Jul 22 2016, 23:33

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Copper Dragon wrote:With each passing day little Angela is looking more and more of a reckless silly cow.

I think her decision, with hindsight, has backfired spectacularly. There was an old saying about never bite the hand that feeds you. Boy oh boy if the situation in Western Europe isn't a prime example.

565 Re: Be more German on Fri Jul 22 2016, 23:39

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
She's a right stubborn cow and one thick bitch as well.

She would be on my hit list for a slapping.

566 Re: Be more German on Sat Jul 23 2016, 01:08

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Still 1874 will bang her drum, that must be some comfort to her?
In fact, I'll not beat about the bush, his early postings on this thread has made him look as big a twat as her! 
Oh for that juvenile naivety!!

567 Re: Be more German on Sat Jul 23 2016, 01:26

Sluffy

Admin
To be fair to 1874 somebody somewhere as to be the first to offer out the hand of friendship, otherwise we would still be running around in our own little tribes.

Sometimes it is two steps forward one step back - but isn't it worth that trouble to move one step forward than non at all?

568 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 09:09

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Sluffy 
I know your sentiments exactly, but the world has changed so much since we were lads. The more you give these days, the more the receivers want and expect.
Being tolerant of the intolerant is common place now and the criminal the victim and the victim the criminal.
It al started with PC.

569 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 09:22

The positives of her actions still outweigh the negatives for me, she's saved thousands of innocent women and children. There were always going to be issues, it would be naive in the extreme to believe anything else.

You celebrating as if your views have been vindicated SK again just puts your parochial attitudes in full view.

570 Re: Be more German on Sun Jul 24 2016, 09:33

Reading back a bit, I stand by exactly what I said. 

I've never said we should have an open door policy, but the fact that we have taken such a tiny amount of Syrian refugees (less than 2% as of May this year) is outrageous. 

Vet them properly for sure but we could and should have done and continue to do more.

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum