Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you feel you fulfilled your potential in your career/job?

+8
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Either way, how do you feel about it? 

I am definitely in the camp that I didn't. When I see how well some of my old school mates have done IT really makes me think.  

Just wondering how others feel about what their jobs/career?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes. Done exactly what I wanted to when I left school and didn't get hitched with a massive loan to pay back.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, not yet!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I definitely didn't fulfil my potential, despite two Preston Businesswoman of the Year awards.

Went straight into the family business after I became too old to model (19 FFS!) and have regretted it ever since. Let's face it, I could probably chin every member of staff at Whittam International plc and I'd still keep my job. So I have no fear of the sack keeping me motivated.

I fully intend to do something about it next year - I'm going to quit and start again from scratch.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Urm.... No.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I had loads of models when I was in my teens!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Urm.... No.

You need to get moving lad, you're a long time looking at the coffin lid!?!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I had loads of models when I was in my teens!
Airfix ones SK? Very Happy

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I get to play with the real ones, KP, but such is the archaic structure of our "Modern|" air force I have to jump through lots of hoops to advance, be in the right place at the right time and become noticeable for all the right reasons. Bit like being a wizard without a wand. Beyond that I'm doing okay-ish-ish.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I had loads of models when I was in my teens!
Airfix ones SK? Very Happy

Yes some were Airfix but I'd got 4 of motor bikes that came ready coloured so no need for painting.
My fave was Giacomo Agostini's MV Agusta, it was a better model than Nat would ever have made!!

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I fucked up the minute I walked out of the school gates on the final day. I hated school and there was no way I was going to college and university to continue an education I had no interest in at the time.

I wanted a job. I wanted money. 

If only I'd looked at the bigger picture, I'd  (probably) have much more money than I do now and a career to boot. Instead I began the cycle of working dead end jobs and being fucking miserable, although I've met a lot of good people along the way.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I only hope I can guide my kids in the right direction and help them not to replicate the mistakes I made. At certain times In life you arrive at a crossroad. Take the wrong turn at the wrong time and the consequences can be dire.

Still, I have my family, which would never have happened had I not taken the route I have done, so in that respect I can have no regrets as my kids are my whole world.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Still, I have my family, which would never have happened had I not taken the route I have done, so in that respect I can have no regrets as my kids are my whole world.
Money isn't everything, it is if you are happy in life that counts as you have stated with your family. Smile

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm working on it

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i left school at 16 as i couldn't stand School either. I got a YTS job and went to college one day a week. I have a decent job and the money is ok but it's not what i really wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be a sound engineer and even packed in my job and went on a course for a year but nothing came off it in the end so i had to get back into my old line of work.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

serial killers peak later, Norpiggy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how did all this serial killer thing start? I can't remember  Laughing

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The moment you killed your 3rd victim I presume

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bwfc 58. I'm the exact opposite. I left school, went to college, went to uni. Had no experience of real work. And currently, i am in the same boat as quite a few who i was at uni with. Over qualified, underworked. All ended up starting crappy jobs on the bottom rung or had to attempt to go self employed. All the while all the numb skulls from my school who went straight into jobs now have money, mortages and prospects because they got in early. They do jobs like kitchen fitting, roofing, lorry driving, road laying etc. Although they are not rolling in it they are at least employable, are a couple of rungs up the property ladder and not debt laden with uni loans.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Biggie wrote:Bwfc 58. I'm the exact opposite. I left school, went to college, went to uni. Had no experience of real work. And currently, i am in the same boat as quite a few who i was at uni with. Over qualified, underworked. All ended up starting crappy jobs on the bottom rung or had to attempt to go self employed. All the while all the numb skulls from my school who went straight into jobs now have money, mortages and prospects because they got in early. They do jobs like kitchen fitting, roofing, lorry driving, road laying etc. Although they are not rolling in it they are at least employable, are a couple of rungs up the property ladder and not debt laden with uni loans.
I never really thought of it that way biggie, but I see your point. I am very employable. There's a number of jobs I could walk straight into because of the experience I've gained on the job. Problem is they're not really career jobs with much room to better myself. I do know people who have done the college and uni thing and I always hear the same thing. To get a job they need experience but can't get experience without a job. What can you do in that position?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The moment you killed your 3rd victim I presume
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum