Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that irritate the shit out of you

+38
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
wessy
Danno
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Bolton Rebirth
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
Sluffy
Lard Lad
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
okocha
Lever ender
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Numpty 28723
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Emma Jansen 1
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
doffcocker
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've just spent the week working in London. Thing that irritate me? Easy- southerners

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman undefeated in the last 11 games.

Think it's 12 games now, longest in the 4 top flights.

Awful manager.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Think it's 12 games now, longest in the 4 top flights.

Awful manager.

So the "experts" keep saying....

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty leave it alone, he is shit and always will be

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lazy bastards taking advantage of a bit of snow and calling to say they can't make it to the office. Makes my blood boil.

You got two feet in about twenty four hours didn't you?

Proper snow that.

England would shut for about three weeks if we got anything like that.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:You got two feet in about twenty four hours didn't you?

Proper snow that.

England would shut for about three weeks if we got anything like that.

It was interesting to see how the UK media reported it versus how it was covered over here. Really highlights how you're way more conscious of climate change over there than they are here.

24" in one day was a lot but like anything, you get used to it over time - it's pretty much expected.

Funny to read headline like 'US East Coast Paralysed' on the BBC site though while I was trudging to the corner for some Vanilla Bean Haagen Das and a couple of bottles of wine on Saturday night.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When the clocks go forward and everyone is late, but when the clocks go back, nobody is early.

finlaymcdanger wrote:It was interesting to see how the UK media reported it versus how it was covered over here. Really highlights how you're way more conscious of climate change over there than they are here.

Ye the American media actually make our rabble seem okay! Which is saying a lot.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fin - off topic i know, but do you have issues being understood over there? I presume you still have a Bolton accent? 
I get abuse from Mancs about my accent and i'm only a few miles away  Very Happy

Fin went to Sharples - people in Smithills can't understand him.  Very Happy

finlaymcdanger wrote:

It was interesting to see how the UK media reported it versus how it was covered over here. Really highlights how you're way more conscious of climate change over there than they are here.

24" in one day was a lot but like anything, you get used to it over time - it's pretty much expected.

We had a 24 degrees Celsius swing in temperature in the UK this week according to Carol Kirkwood on the Beeb this morning.

-12C last week to +12C this week in the same place in Scotland.

And yet people continue to deny that global warming exists......

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Fin - off topic i know, but do you have issues being understood over there? I presume you still have a Bolton accent? 
I get abuse from Mancs about my accent and i'm only a few miles away  Very Happy

Yes. At times. I do still have my accent despite having left Bolton about 25 years ago. Lived in London for 8 years before heading to New York.

I do get blank stares from time to time and have learned to reiterate myself at work. People often just hear the accent and not the words and therefore have no clue what I'm talking about. It can be very annoying.

I can play it to my advantage too though - when making presentations at work (the thing I loathe more than anything else) I'm told that no-one actually hears what I'm talking about, because they fixate on the accent, but it sounds good anyway. I could probably just 'rhubarb, rhubarb' my way through most of it.

The accent can be the least of my problems here though... soon after I moved to New York, I was asked by a junior designer I had inherited if Great Britain was in London.  cyclops

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Flipping this article for a minute... Things that make me laugh out loud...

The amount of cocks I have seen drawn in the snow on car windscreens this past few days is magnificent.

A thing that irritates the shit out of me. Avoiding the internet all day twitter, facebook, sky sports, everything.....to make sure i dont spoil the royal rumble outcome for me and my lad. 3 minutes left, Ambrose and triple h the last ones in
.....my lad knocked my ps4 pad off and skipped to the end. Bugger. Absolutely loved it though and aj styles will be a good addition.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:A thing that irritates the shit out of me. Avoiding the internet all day twitter, facebook, sky sports, everything.....to make sure i dont spoil the royal rumble outcome for me and my lad.  3 minutes left, Ambrose and triple h the last ones in
.....my lad knocked my ps4 pad off and skipped to the end.  Bugger.   Absolutely loved it though and aj styles will be a good addition.
Thanks for this Y2J.
I wish I had a clue what you were talking about though.

rammywhite wrote:
y2johnny wrote:A thing that irritates the shit out of me. Avoiding the internet all day twitter, facebook, sky sports, everything.....to make sure i dont spoil the royal rumble outcome for me and my lad.  3 minutes left, Ambrose and triple h the last ones in
.....my lad knocked my ps4 pad off and skipped to the end.  Bugger.   Absolutely loved it though and aj styles will be a good addition.
Thanks for this Y2J.

Thanks for giving you all a break from me while i avoided the internet? Very Happy

finlaymcdanger wrote:
The amount of cocks I have seen drawn in the snow on car windscreens this past few days is magnificent.

Funny you should bring that up because you would not believe the number of cocks I have seen actually driving cars round here recently.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Thanks for this Y2J.

Me too Rammy. I was brought up on Billy Two Rivers, Mick McManus, Adrian Street, Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake, Johnny Quango ( before they invented Kwango's' Wink ) HoneyBoy Zimba, Dalibar Singh, Marc ' Rollerball' Rocco, Les Kellet, Kendo Nagasaki ( NEVER EVER SET FOOT IN THE PLACE).

This current crop of superstars are a poor imitation. Nobody did a half nelson like Jackie Pallo ( and he had never visited Burnley )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum