Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hull 1-0 Bolton

+11
gloswhite
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
Norpig
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Hull 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Hull 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 12 2015, 19:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Doubt it.  Im a ninja
Very Happy

62Hull 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Hull 1-0 Bolton Sat Dec 12 2015, 23:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:I don't give a shit anymore. I've given up.

Massive cliche to write that on a forum a couple hours after losing another match, but it's not just the football, it's the whole setup. Even if we'd won, there's so much other shit going on, how bad this team is doesn't even seem that important anymore.

Chin up mate, a lot of the old timers like me have been down this path before.

I know its shit and you and everyone else from about aged 25 and under have never known times like this but its not the first time.

We've had Nat Lofthouse stood on the pitch with a microphone begging the crowd to save the club (that's how lifeline started) so yes, we've probably even been closer to closing down that what we are today.

I wouldn't blame you or anyone else walking away from the club right now, the crowds were well under 10,000 in the seasons we plummeted down the league to the old fourth division and the football was equally as bad.

If it is costing people money and they don't enjoy the experience then why should anyone go!?

I had spells when I had time out, I had either other things I needed to spend my money on or I simply didn't fancy going just for goings sake.

I did get drawn back though, even though many of the lads I used to go with never did return again.  I kind of liked it better in a weird sort of way, you could laugh at our ineptitude on the pitch, you visited places and grounds you had never been to before, there was a bit of a 'no one likes us, we don't care' attitude.

In my time we have 'risen' three times.  First under Armfield then Greaves.  Next it was the White Hot years under Rioch.  Most recently it was Allardyce defying the odds.

Each of those times were amazing and the best I've ever enjoyed.

It will be our turn again one day.

I know you will enjoy it when it happens as much as I've done (and many other of the old boys have) in the past.

I guess you have to go through the lows to fully appreciate the highs.

They taste that much sweeter somehow!

63Hull 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Hull 1-0 Bolton Sun Dec 13 2015, 13:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

Massive cliche to write that on a forum a couple hours after losing another match, but it's not just the football, it's the whole setup. Even if we'd won, there's so much other shit going on, how bad this team is doesn't even seem that important anymore.

I know its shit and you and everyone else from about aged 25 and under have never known times like this but its not the first time.

We've had Nat Lofthouse stood on the pitch with a microphone begging the crowd to save the club (that's how lifeline started) so yes, we've probably even been closer to closing down that what we are today.

I wouldn't blame you or anyone else walking away from the club right now, the crowds were well under 10,000 in the seasons we plummeted down the league to the old fourth division and the football was equally as bad.

If it is costing people money and they don't enjoy the experience then why should anyone go!?

I had spells when I had time out, I had either other things I needed to spend my money on or I simply didn't fancy going just for goings sake.

I did get drawn back though, even though many of the lads I used to go with never did return again.  I kind of liked it better in a weird sort of way, you could laugh at our ineptitude on the pitch, you visited places and grounds you had never been to before, there was a bit of a 'no one likes us, we don't care' attitude.

In my time we have 'risen' three times.  First under Armfield then Greaves.  Next it was the White Hot years under Rioch.  Most recently it was Allardyce defying the odds.

I know you will enjoy it when it happens as much as I've done (and many other of the old boys have) in the past.

Second that sluffy. I started watching the Trotters in 1976, saw Ian Greaves take us into the top flight, was there when Frank Worthington scored against Ipswich and loved every moment. I was there against Aldershot too and when we were literally days if not hours away from extinction only to see us slowly rebuild until Sam Allardyce turned us into a team the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea didn't want to play against. Sure we're down now and may (probably will) sink lower before we touch bottom but we will bounce back in the end. It may take a while, maybe years but we will get there.

64Hull 1-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Hull 1-0 Bolton Mon Dec 14 2015, 13:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Second that sluffy. I started watching the Trotters in 1976, saw Ian Greaves take us into the top flight, was there when Frank Worthington scored against Ipswich and loved every moment. I was there against Aldershot too and when we were literally days if not hours away from extinction only to see us slowly rebuild until Sam Allardyce turned us into a team the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea didn't want to play against. Sure we're down now and may (probably will) sink lower before we touch bottom but we will bounce back in the end. It may take a while, maybe years but we will get there.

Sounds good on paper lads ..... however times are different now.  The expenses are more and more every year. Even under Sam the financials were beginning to mount up.
Outside of a Russian billionaire buying us I can't see a returning to greatness anytime soon.  Sad state of affairs for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum